• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Defense Boost of GB's

BestWarrior

Baronet
Maybe someone wrote about this somewhere, but i didn't found, so here it goes.

In the PT server Arvahall, i have the two GB's with defense boost finishied. I'm talking about St. Basil's Cathedral and Deal's Castle, wich give me +200% more of defense in my city.
I have 2 neighboors who can beat my defense whatever i choose for defense army. For example, 8 dragons, 4 dragons+4rangers, 4 dragons+4 musketeers, 4 rangers+4 musketeers, whatever...
One of them have 145% boost atack and the other 125%, both have the 3 GB's with atack boost.
My question is: This is normal? 200% defense boost beated by 125 or 145% atack boost?
Is this caused by the "blindness" of the AI?
I think this is not an usual situation and if someone has a reason for it, i would like to know...

Thank's

DeletedUser

Yes it's normal. The reason is the defending boost only boosts defense, but the attacking one boosts both defense and offense. So they're doing a little less damage to you, but you're doing a lot less damage to them. Personally I think it's a balance problem - the defending bonuses are way less useful than the attacking ones, as far as I can tell.

DeletedUser

Well there are 3 OME GBs, but only 2 DME GBs, so it is obvious that player with 3 GBs has a advantage over one with 2, can't see any balancing problem there.

DeletedUser

Well there are 3 OME GBs, but only 2 DME GBs, so it is obvious that player with 3 GBs has a advantage over one with 2, can't see any balancing problem there.
can't see a balancing problem???? really?
Even 2 VS 2 = 100% attack GB-bonus VS 200%Defense GB-bonus -> I'm sure the defense has no chance to win this battle, even with an intellegent AI :D
Or am I wrong?

DeletedUser

Think of the situation vice versa - could u defeat AI who has 100% bonus to its attack and defense if you have 200% bonus only to your defense. With the right type of units, I would see no reason why not, it would just be different type of battle(bloody melee fight most likely so u can take actual benafit of the increased defense bonus as opposed to usual long+short range tactics).