• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 6th July

Boo to the Tavern graphics change.

It worked fine and looked good the way it was. It wasn't a copy of a real building so shouldn't have had the issue the DT had. New position is kinda sucky too, but I suppose I can live with it so long as it is being changed for a good reason (like to make room for an upcoming feature). If these are simply changes for change sake, please just stop.

Why this industrial drinking hole in space ages? I want my nice tavern back with outdoor dining and enough space for baby-elephants*) between the tables.

*) Austrian unit of scale: "keep your distance of at least the length of a baby elephant" = approx. one meter.
...How many people have elephants in Austria ???

No changes today, HMA tavern in LMA

housemouse

Squire
Please, could you contact Support?
Momet has been halfway since last night.
It all loads for a very long time, but I'll be back in GG and GEx.

I find new space for the tavern and retailers good because right at the start in the field of vision, but visually it is the worst case scenario. The start of the city could have been shifted a little to the right. Then you have a view of it right away.
So I push it out of sight anyway, because it looks totally stupid. :)

DeletedUser9570

Maybe you could explain the reason for moving both the tavern and the antiques dealer.... are you going to set up a new building? Otherways it would not have made any sense at all.

DeletedUser9570

Is there also a new graphic for the cultural settlement?
The Japanese ship looks different now...

The settlement itself is still the same. Only the ship was changed (for nor apparent reason).

Korvinusz

Merchant
The friends tavern was one of the most lovable things in town. it was built organically, evolving from that ruined bridge. It had a past, a present and a future. The levels were built on top of each other. It was an Excellent Concept.

I don't understand how you can mess it up like this? and why? The river finally made sense, it wasn’t just a short stretch. This also made the bridge useful. It was great for a few months. And now it's over.

Last edited:
Yes, I like the Tavern buildings too, specially with all the different visualizations through the ages.

Therefore, I like to propose the following to the devs: Why not change only the place for the AD and leave the Tavern where it is?

Now on Beta:
FoeBeta.png

Proposal:
FoeLive.jpg

housemouse

Squire
Maybe you could explain the reason for moving both the tavern and the antiques dealer.... are you going to set up a new building? Otherways it would not have made any sense at all.
I think it has to do with the new PVP-Arena. It is just a guess.

why not just put the Antiques Dealer and the Tavern back where they were? they were fine as they were. i also don't like the new look of the tavern. i agree with Korvinusz. it grew organically from the ruined bridge and made sense. put the new PvP arena where the tavern is now if you want to put it somewhere. i, for one, am not at all interested in the arena and most certainly don't want it occupying the river space the tavern once had.

Devilsangel

Baronet
Is the global chat being transferred to mobile? Just had this appear on the app after downloading the latest version. The button is inactive but there) appears both in beta and on my live worlds
Screenshot_20200710-162327_Forge of Empires.jpg

LordVaderIII

Marquis
"The Industrial era Tavern is now the highest era Tavern to be displayed. "

Why?!? This is an awful change. Why REMOVE graphics from the game? I'm sure the people in higher ages don't want an IA tavern. That looks terrible.