• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 20th November

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.

Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

-Alin-

Emperor
Hope rogues are considered aswell in front of the damaged units.

It was about time for this to happen anyway, damaged units at the end of all stacked ones.

-Alin-

Emperor
Now only the city defenders need to be displayed at the end as well and I might finally consider using the feature again

If it still is too laggy though, this change will not help too much

180k units, laggy only on my old i3 quad core cpu, on my other computers with ryzen 5600, 5800 works blazing fast, no lag while selecting units.
And defending units are useless anyway, 2 standard spears are enough.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
180k units, laggy only on my old i3 quad core cpu, on my other computers with ryzen 5600, 5800 works blazing fast, no lag while selecting units.
unfortunately my laptop only has an i5 quadcore... I will test again, when the change hits live, but from my point of view it is a major bug or at least very bad programming that it is laggy in the first place

bilboman

Merchant
I like the change in sequence for the available units display to select units. However, it feels a bit awkward when the "currently selected army" is displayed with the new sort sequence. I think that for that display it would work better if all the rogues still came at the end.

Alexiae

Farmer
Is this a deliberate hold or is it a bug, that the wounded units move to the end in the "currently selected army" - even I haven't even selected the stacking troops.

Tanmay11

Regent
its laggy on my laptop 15 7th gen, but better than before
if i change it to only fast units its much smoother, @Juber would be nice if devs could do something so the Army management remembers the settings.
also I guess an option to hide injured units would speed it up. it was already suggested.

Last edited:

Douglas 221

Farmer
I actually like having the wounded troops at the very end of ALL healthy. If one is fighting using a particular age the option to select only those troops is the way to go.
One thing I have noticed is the troops are not always in the same order. I am probably wrong about this but I thought fast units always went first in the rotation so why do higher age such as SAAB troops have a different order of the troops in the line up? Is there a reasoning for a different order of troops in each era?

Thunderdome

Emperor
For a guy that uses up to 2 regular units (dependent on attrition) in GBg along with rogues (as myself), I had originally thought the game had a bug when the healthy rogues were before the wounded units. I usually exchange the regular units once they get to about 1-3 bars of health left (losing them would not be a problem either as I have more) before I put in fresh new ones; the rogues I do change once they hit that point or are dead (again, I have a lot of those as well).

Although, I do hope on some real changes like:

• Formation Presets: A feature that you can save up to 1-3 troop formations to be called upon when the button is clicked (browser version) or tapped (mobile version). This will load 100% healthy troops. For instance, if you have a Hover Tank in slot 1 and seven rogues in slots 2-8, it will call up that Hover Tank in slot 1 and the rogues in slots 2-8, all at 100% health (and if in army troop inventory). If there is no unit that is 100%, a notice will tell the player that no unit is available to be deployed and will leave it to the player's discretion in using wounded troops instead. With this QOL in place, it will give players an edge against those that cheat by using a bot or script to swap out troops with ease, which could be helpful in GE, PVB, GBg, and a few places where battles are essential.

• Main Army Screen (Interface): It should show the list of healthy troops available to be placed in formation via manual or preset means; no injured or wounded troops. When a player clicks by type (Fast, Light, Heavy, Artillery, or Range), it would show the injured/wounded troops along with the healthy troops.

• Defensive Troops: I liked the old system where defense and attacking troops are in separate formations. Now, with the introduction of the PVB Arena, those troops designated for defense are marked with yellow or blue markings which is always placed in front of the regular ready troops for deployment (aka attacking selection). I quit the PVB for many reasons. Those defensive troops should be placed in a building (either townhall or a new building called "guard shack" or something similar) where we can access to see what defensive troops we have from city defense and PVB (for those who still participate). Or, we can have tabbed windows like the tavern for the army management screen where the default view will always be on "attack". Then again, I am still waiting on Inno to fix the bug on the tavern where it opens to the ad-based boosts when we click on it instead of the tavern room where we can collect on the seats of our friends (YES, it's a bug if it goes into the ad-based boosts instead of what players wanted in the majority which is the tavern room).

So, it's a meh from me about this that I would have to get used to until some real changes do happen.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Don't like the new ordering of units.. It might make sense to some, but if you run a mixed unit army, the units are constantly switching positions, and it takes longer to figure out if you need to change units, or want to continue with a couple of damaged ones.. Please consider either reverting this change, or giving us a sorting option box.. thks