• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion copy & paste option

shad2389

Viceroy
when you already have something writen like in a 1.9 thread and you want to copy and paste last msg after your 1.9 GB you just wrote the option copy and paste erases what you just wrote and only leaves what the option pasted in my opinion it should paste it on line under the text you just wrote

Kronan

Viceroy
If I understand what you're asking -
You have to use the INNO copy and paste function ONLY on the first item (of many), then use the INNO COPY for next one, and then a PASTE for the next one (as a pair of functions) - for each subsequent one you want. I use Ctrl-C to copy, and Ctrl-V to paste. It's faster than right click menu choices.

For example, if you want to copy a conversation of 6 lines (3 from you, and 3 from a friend you're messaging...) you had with someone, and each post made in the back-and-forth of a topic, do this:
1) Use Inno's - Copy and paste function choice, first and ONLY 1 time on conversation point 1.
2) for each additional section of conversation (in our example, 2 thru 5 more), COPY # 2 (not copy/paste), then paste #2 only. Do the same for 3, 4, 5, 6 the same way - copy it, then paste it - one at a time.
The COPY reconstruction takes time, but will be a complete chain of items those 6 items (3 each from you and your friend...) in 1 buffer.

Unfortunately, you can't copy the entire thing as a full "screen grab" of all the back and forth discussion posts in 1 topic. The design of posted message "blocks" does not allow you to cross over and get 2 different ones, from different posters. You have to get them 1 at a time, and assemble them into the same stream you took them from - as a copy of that.

Yes - it's kinda UGH.

I'm confused, are you trying to put together a bunch of posts from different emails to one reply?? The way the c+p works now is the entire message you select is pasted into the reply, which may delete what you already put sure, but you just gotta do the c+p first and then alter the message. Most 1.9's work that the newest GB should be last anyway, although it wouldn't be that hard to put it where you want. If you're struggling then maybe the way the 1.9 owner does the thread isn't very efficient.

shad2389

Viceroy
Capture d’écran du 2024-01-14 13-11-56.pngtalking about this
if you use this Capture d’écran du 2024-01-14 13-22-06.png or write something then you use this Capture d’écran du 2024-01-14 13-11-56.pngthis Capture d’écran du 2024-01-14 13-11-56.pngerases what you wrote or what was pasted befor with this Capture d’écran du 2024-01-14 13-22-06.png

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
Did you try to use the Copy & Paste before you write your own text?
that would probobly work but i just felt anoyed when it happened did it twice befor understanding it was cause of the copy and paste thing so i thaught i'd talk about it here INNO should have designed this beter as both options
( copy & Paste ) and just ( copy ) are both INNO options

I was asking because there is a benefit to the way INNO has implemented it. When you are adding/editing to the text you might mess it up, especially on mobile. The way it is implemented it allow me to restore the original text without having to delete first the messed text, which on mobile is a pain to do.

It happen to me on mobile when I need to take some of the position posted in a 1.9x thread and I delete more than I intended.
In this cae having the option to use the button before and after the edit is beneficial... to me.

shad2389

Viceroy
I was asking because there is a benefit to the way INNO has implemented it. When you are adding/editing to the text you might mess it up, especially on mobile. The way it is implemented it allow me to restore the original text without having to delete first the messed text, which on mobile is a pain to do.

It happen to me on mobile when I need to take some of the position posted in a 1.9x thread and I delete more than I intended.
In this cae having the option to use the button before and after the edit is beneficial... to me.
to erase you can use cut option , they did'nt have to include cut option in copy & paste option for that

to erase you can use cut option , they did'nt have to include cut option in copy & paste option for that
Not really. The issue is that selecting the text is one of the most difficult things to do on mobile. At least on my device the writing box is very small once the keyboard appears.
You can move the cursor to the end and delete backward, but again not the easiest thing to do on mobile.

shad2389

Viceroy
Not really. The issue is that selecting the text is one of the most difficult things to do on mobile. At least on my device the writing box is very small once the keyboard appears.
You can move the cursor to the end and delete backward, but again not the easiest thing to do on mobile.
they could have decided to do the deleat thing on mobile only when you use copy&paste thing there's a lot of things that differ from mobile to PC your problem ain't an issue on PC mine is