• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected continent for events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
the idea:
-for long events like the actual one (winter event), put available a continent divided in parts and each part in sectors (like a normal continent) .

-depending on the duration of the event, the continent can be divided in 2 to 4 or 5 parts. and each part in 3 to 5 sectors?

-you can negotiate or use your military units to aquire one sector but depending on your desision of attack or negotiate, you'll get one prize or another when you aquire all sectors of that part.

-each sector require 12 hours to be explored (?)

-as a final reward (after acquire all parts) you can get special reward? like 1 event expansion. (1 extra expansion for your city but that means devs must add x number of extra expansions acquirable via events, or special building or an item that let you reduce all your building productions (and GB too!) by 24 hours, or a pack of 5 shrink it items to shrink terrace farms (?)..

so in simple words, add a special continent for events as a new feature to get the your reward and depending on if you attack to acquire sectors or not, your mini reward for that part will be X or Y.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acquirable

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser9410

-1 Bad idea. Not simply because it's a expansion, but because fundamentally the game is built so that any player can catch up to the top player with time as far as building a city goes. Once you start tossing in expansions for events that's no longer true without preventing those that already got a prize from being able to get a prize later down the track for a future event. It becomes messy.

I agree 100 %, besides there should be no extra reward for doing any part of this "Event Map" as you will get the event quest reward anyway. The sole purpose of this map is to help you do the event quest without having to mess up your normal map.

A similar issue was brought up with research quests and the tech tree, players mentioned that they were being forced to move up the tree when they didn't want to. This is the same thing but with the continent map. The other alternative is that ALL map quests in events should have an OR in them. a choice between doing the map or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9410

No. If a player doesn't want to go ahead with the map, skip an event. It's not like it used to be, 4 events per year. There's plenty of them now, strategize or die trying. Campers has to struggle and weight between options.

Sorry, although your point is valid, i disagree, because, as i stated earlier:
A similar issue was brought up with research quests and the tech tree, players mentioned that they were being forced to move up the tree when they didn't want to. This is the same thing but with the continent map.
If one follows your point then the same could have been said about research tech quests. ( do them or skip the event )
However,
This has now been changed... eg the research a tech quest we did in beta was replaced in the live version of the event.

DeletedUser

This is the same thing but with the continent map. The other alternative is that ALL map quests in events should have an OR in them. a choice between doing the map or something else.
that makes sense
but a event continent map not

why?
if InnoGames want that we progress on the regular map then they won't give the players a event continent map
and if InnoGames don't want a progress on the regular map it is 100 times easier to give an alternative quest option

as I wrote above
if it is only about fighting or negotiation that already exists for events and don't need a new map for it

A similar issue was brought up with research quests and the tech tree
how about an event tech tree

just kidding ;)

DeletedUser9410

if InnoGames want that we progress on the regular map then they won't give the players a event continent map
and if InnoGames don't want a progress on the regular map it is 100 times easier to give an alternative quest option

I agree and that is what they did for the research quests so perhaps they would consider the same for map quests as well.
Will have to wait and see. :cool:

DeletedUser8547

You are sometimes left with the feeling that Browsergame Platforms work out how long will the normale user play here?
For sure you will find disapointments if you are a Fan.
I have always stated: "Take the push out of the Game"
FoE is a Nr.1 Game with a super community.
Inno: Don't do it like the most goverments in this time & age & lose contact to the players.

Yes we will wait and see. :cool:

MagicMiam

Steward
I don't like the idea of event expansions at all.
Expansions should not be available during a limited amount of time, because then new players that start a server after the others would not be able to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.