• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

coins and supplies

maxbergheim

Squire
I believe that the quantity of the two resources produced is too unbalanced in favor of the coins. I think it needs to be balanced, for example special buildings only produce coins etc

DeletedUser8859

True, coins are easier to get than supplies, but coins are at the same time used more than supplies as you progress in the game. Over the time supplies tend to accumulate higher than coins. Just consider the continuous rise in the cost of FPs when using coins. In my main world I got like 175 M Coins, 285 M Supplies, and my next FP will cost 434,050 coins.

Since coins are so easy to get, a special building producing only coins would not be very much attractive. Specially since we got several options for special buildings that produce Coins + Other resources, for a few examples:
  • Coins + FPs + Population: Shrines of Knowledge, Sacred Sky Watch, Lord's Manor
  • Coins + Medals + Population: Shrines of Awe::
  • Coins + BPs + Population: Shrine of Inspiration
  • Coins + Goods: Athlete Living Quarters
  • Coins + Goods + FPs, Medals + Population: Black Tower
For supplies you have: Regular production buildings, Premium Production Buildings (higher efficiency at the cost of diamonds), and special buildings that provide supplies OR other resources depending on the time period selected for production (Bazars, Beautiful Cider Mil, Mad Scientist Lab, Rosarium, Gondola Dock Market, etc..)

Again, similar to coins, a special building producing only supplies wont be much attractive unless its output rivals the Premium Supplies Buildings. However, why would Inno provide a high efficiency supply production building to compete with their diamond source Premium Buildings?

If the problem is not enough supplies I suggest to build /raise up Lighthouse of Alexandria and/or Royal Albert Hall.

maxbergheim

Squire
I grow at level 70 Lighthouse of Alexandria and Royal Albert Hall and I do not grow san marco, and I have no houses, but because of the shrines the coins are always too many. I produce many supplies, but I can not even draw. I try to have the two types of supplies balanced so I can do the repetitive mission that asks to pay coins and materials. furthermore, there is the repetitive reward mission that gives more coins than materials. therefore there is a significant imbalance. I think it should be normal to be able to match supplies

DeletedUser8859

. I think it should be normal to be able to match supplies
Yes, there ways to achieve that, some has been already implemented by you.
  • Level up LOA and/or RAH to boost the supplies production.
  • Purchase additional supply boosts at Tavern.
  • Hold St Marks leveling to stop boost to coins at current rate.
  • Build more efficient supply production buildings, consider premium and special buildings too.
  • Reduce houses / population buildings to the minimum required to meet population required by the city.
  • Burn coins (and supplies) with the Un-birthday recurring quest. (Unless your Chatteau Frontenac is high enough to return more coins as a reward than the coins paid).
  • Use surplus coins for purchasing FPs. Since the cost of FPs keeps increasing sooner or later this will represent more coins spent than gained daily. There are always GB where to invest these extra FPs. Or burn the FPs at the market helping your friends with trades they post.

seashepherd

Farmer
I don't see the problem. There will always be resource constraints. There is no reason why all resources (or any resources) should be equally abundant (or scarce). I have 58.3M medals and not nearly that many diamonds. Should I be complaining about that "imbalance"? Why are coins and supplies more in need of "balance" than medals and diamonds? Why is having a greater abundance of some resources than others a problem?

Fairy Lily

Steward
Honestly, I have exactly the opposite issue both here and on live, so I could make exactly the opposite argument that it is in favor of supplies. It just depends on how you have your city set up and luck at times.

DeletedUser8859

I don't see the problem. There will always be resource constraints. There is no reason why all resources (or any resources) should be equally abundant (or scarce). I have 58.3M medals and not nearly that many diamonds. Should I be complaining about that "imbalance"? Why are coins and supplies more in need of "balance" than medals and diamonds? Why is having a greater abundance of some resources than others a problem?

I would like to balance my diamonds not only to the medal level, but to my supplies level.

DeletedUser8071

Diamonds have nothing to do with any of this. If you are doing unbirthday quest, you supply will drop lower than coin. Its that simple. Supply is meant to be harder to obtain. It would be nice if they would balance it but if not ill just work harder.

DeletedUser8859

There are multiple ways to balance them. If too many coins buy FPs until coins reach desired level.

seashepherd

Farmer
If you are doing unbirthday quest, you supply will drop lower than coin. Its that simple. Supply is meant to be harder to obtain.
It's not that simple. Like Ipre6242, the number of unbirthday quests I can do is limited by coins, not by supplies. I have about 300M more supplies than coins -- and I use coin boosts every day, never supply boosts. It's been about six months since I used coins to buy forge points. Whether coins or supplies are more abundant depends on which buildings are in one's city.

DeletedUser8859

Whether coins or supplies are more abundant depends on which buildings are in one's city.

Solution: Redesign the city. If the goal is increase coins and reduce supplies:
  • Calculate how much Supplies your city needs daily (goods production?, military units retraining?, quests?, others?)
    • A = Daily Supply Needs
  • Calculate the current daily supply production (Supply buildings, GBs, Plundering?, others?)
    • B = Current Daily Supply Production
  • Sell a few supply buildings to reduce daily supply production to be less than the supplies used by the city by day
    • A greater than B.
  • Use space and population gained by selling supplies buildings to add more goods or military buildings, as needed to increase use of supplies.
    • To increase A more than previous calculation, to burn faster actual supplies.
  • If still is space available, add more shrines or other special buildings that provide coins + other resources...
    • To increase coins.
Evaluate from time to time progress of the coins and supplies levels.
  • Decide when a new change is needed.
  • Redesign city according to new change desired.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Whether coins or supplies are more abundant depends on which buildings are in one's city

Solution: Redesign the city. If the goal is reduce coins and increase supplies:
  • Calculate how many coins your city needs daily (goods production, military retraining, quests, others?)
    • C = Daily Coins Needs
  • Calculate how many coins your city produces (houses, GBs, Shrines / other special buildings, Aid, Plundering? quests?)
    • D = Daily Coins Produced
  • Calculate the actual population needs of your city. how much extra population do you have?
    • Actual Population Needs = Total Population - Extra Population
  • Sell houses to reduce total population, free space, and reduce coins produced.
    • To make D less than C
  • Add more/better efficient supply building to improve supply production
    • As the Extra population allows.
  • If population reduction allows it, consider selling of Cultural buildings for more space for supply production.
Evaluate from time to time progress of the coins and supplies levels.
  • Decide when a new change is needed.
  • Redesign city according to new change desired.