• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: City zoom changes after visit to settlement

Magenta

Farmer
Troubleshooting
Yes
In my case it is the Egyptian settlement so don't know if it happens on all settlements or only Egyptian!

City has 3 zoom levels;
Big/close zoom
Medium zoom
Small/far zoom

After returning from the settlement only medium and close zoom is possible.

Browser or App version and version number
1.220.17a70785587 (09.12.2021 20:36), Magenta (256482), zz1, en_US, Windows 10, Chrome/96.0.4664.93, 1920x937, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium)
Recreation steps
Set zoom to any level
Visit Settlement
Check zoom there
Observe that only two levels possible
return to city
observe that city zoom has changed if last zoom was far
it is medium now
If it was close or medium you will not notice a change
You will return to same zoom level you left
Also you should notice a flickering in the image right after you return to city
Try to change the zoom
Observe that you can only switch between big and medium zoom, far zoom not possible
Visit GvG, GBG, GE, observe nothing happens, only visit to settlement triggers this bug
Frequency
Always
Can this be reproduced?
Yes

Owl II

Emperor
Where the hell did they get into again? Someone teach them how to make backups and rollbacks if they don't know how to fix their bugs? Is this now going to stay for the weekend, in the best traditions of FOE development? Oк. I'll take a break from beta. It ys impossible to play

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
With Windows 10 and the Microsoft Edge Browser, there is no zoom problem for me. I even have all 3 zoom options.
When I tried Edge with Ubuntu, all the issues are there. Only 2 zoom options, instead of 3. And the zoom error, when you return from a sub window.

podkap1970

Emperor
With Windows 10 and the Microsoft Edge Browser, there is no zoom problem for me. I even have all 3 zoom options.
When I tried Edge with Ubuntu, all the issues are there. Only 2 zoom options, instead of 3. And the zoom error, when you return from a sub window.
i use also Win 10 and MS Edge (with FF i can't fight anymore, sadly)
but anyway i have with both browers the same problem
after leaving colony or a settlement i have big zoom, can't change it at all, i have to relog