• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Issue: City collecting when AID collect screen has a "collect" button active

Kronan

Viceroy
Troubleshooting
Try the steps I outlined and see what you get. I can't try this again until tomorrow, you can try it anytime on a engineering testbed.
This was a shock.
I was auto aiding one of the 3 groups of players (friends, hoodies, guildies) and it had finished that individual process, and presented me with a COLLECT button.

A few seconds later, I noticed my city collection was due, and all the boxes are bobbling over city buildings. So...

I did NOT hit collect on the aiding process, and it just sat there. I switched to city collection, as it's more timely.
1) I collected my BG GB first.
2) I then collected my first event building. and then my 2nd event building.
3) There is absolutely NO FP in my well from these 2 buildings being collected. My well started at 0, and remains at 0. That's impossible. They both have FP components in their collectible value. Where did my collection go? Those 2 buildings show a 24 hour countdown to the next collection, tomorrow.

4) I try one more building collection while under the "spell" of the BG - to see if I can learn anything. Again, no collection made but the building I tried to collect from shows the collection was taken and the countdown timer to tomorrow has started.

I've never seen his before, so figured it *might* be due to the aid COLLECT not being consumated.

So I hit collect on the AID button, and did not start a 2nd auto-aid.

5) All of a sudden, my clicking back in my city to collect my BG buildings started up again, as it normally does = FP going to the well, goods going to inventory and guild treasury, etc.

SO.... the auto-collect interaction in that state with city collection is clearly an error.

If an active but unconsummated aid collect button denies a city collection or BG collection to occur, we should be notified of that when we try to collect.

Please advise.

Browser or App version and version number
Beta program, on a PC.
Recreation steps
detailed above.... clearly.
Actual Behavior
Based on my step 2 to 4, and then finding it work in step 5 - I'm pretty convinced that if I try it again tomorrow, the same thing will happen.
Expected Behavior
Expected behaviors would be that regardless of the state of the AID collect screen/button, a city collection would not shunt rewards to "undefined" and not to the well, or inventory or goods storage locations. etc.
Frequency
Just happened - don't know if anyone else is seeing it - but hope they don't. Not a friendly bug. I wonder what would have happened with an entire 5-diamonds city collect - would the user get anything at all?
Can this be reproduced?
I believe so - I partially reproduced it with step 4 (after 2 and 3) above, then figured it would continue to do that until there was nothing to collect. I then realized it *may* be due to the collect screen. It's not modal, but certainly didn't let me collect my city properly.
Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Thanks for your thoughts, I can study and test that, but I was pretty sure that had already been done. For a while now, I've been in the "MASS self-aid" each day before I collect category, so I think that my city is (and was) fully aided.

I've studied the first few buildings that I tried to collect on based on your suggestion and yes - what you suggest COULD be the problem.

The first few I BG collect do absolutely require an aid for all the good collectibles like FP and goods (Thundering Monstrosities , Winter Majestic Pyramid...etc) so I can re-test this tomorrow under controlled conditions and report back if it's the AID collect hangs things up or my own error for possibly not doing my Mass self aid this morning before I collected.

Easy enough to study that tomorrow - thank you for the great suggestion @Daniel der Vollstrecker . Inno also has logs of that - maybe I didn't do the MASS aid before my collection. That makes the most sense, though.

Kronan

Viceroy
RE-tested just now - NOT a BUG.. It was exactly as @Daniel der Vollstrecker indicated. I either did not click the mass aid item correctly to execute it's function, clicked the SINGLE building aid (not the mass aid) by mistake, or missed doing it all together. Critical buildings didn't get aided before other buildings. Yes Daniel, aside from my mistake, you adding your thoughts on the aid priority to a growing chorus of players, is timely too.

I have to hand aid (or use mass aid) my robust event buildings, 100-200 people aiding me a day can't seem to get that done automatically. Go figure.

Last edited: