• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Cherry Garden Up Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Improve something that already exists
Details
Simply by improving the existing features at the moment. Example the "GONG" instead of giving two points Forge, as already happens at the first level could give something more or "move" a different bonus (attack or defense). In the same way, the pond, could raise its percentage from 3% to 10% for example and maybe .... well the idea is to improve
Balance
It will certainly take some time, but it is also a matter of correcting something that does not improve at the first or second level, therefore useless at the moment.
Abuse Prevention
No dangerous advantage, except that given by those who already have the complete set and its up grade
Summary
I launch the discussion and ask for the help of other players.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
As far as I can remember, an improvement of the same set was asked for a "third level", while my proposal only provides for "fixing" the reward that already "exists" but is not worthy of being noticed because it is really influential.
Howdy.
I borrow an idea from other Players who have proposed it before me with a different vision, I think.
At a careful look, there is a detail that escapes many and I refer to the "GONG" of wisdom. But even "Nishikigoi pond" is not exempt from this analysis.
If we observe the differences between level one and two of the "Gong" we can see that combining it with other three pieces that make up the set, the "Gong" will produce two "FP" instead of one and therefore improves production, but combining it with four pieces it seems useless to achieve the second level because the production "does not improve".
Even the "pond of Nishikigoi" is not exempt from this small "defect" that is to have it at the first level or at the second, it does not change if it will be next to three or four other pieces.
If to this analysis, it is possible to add that among the Players, few "use" the pond and instead many give it to the antique dealer, the analysis of the poor functionality, referring at least to the pond, is more complete.
In fact, the percentages of the bonus in defense remain exactly the same if at the first or second level both if they will have three other "pieces" of the same set next to them or if they will have four.
If now I could "marry" the idea launched by "Mooing Cat" but also other Players, of a third level of the "cherry set", I would say that it would be easier to correct this "small defect" or anomaly of the set itself.
(The anomaly is given by the fact, in fact, that although combining it with a different number of pieces of the same set and at different levels, it does not create any real improvement).

At this point I introduce the idea that came to me.
Certainly, having a third level of the "cherry set" would be optimal, but I imagine that along with other problems, it would be a burdensome and onerous waste of time for programmers.
But what if instead we correct the "defect" that exists?
In few words...
GONG of WISDOM level one next to three pieces gives a "Forge point". (Ok)
GONG of WISDOM level two next to three pieces gives two "Forge points" (Ok)
GONG of WISDOM level one next to three pieces gives two "Forge points" (Ok)
GONG of WISDOM level two next to four pieces gives two "Forge points" (it's a defect because it does not produce a difference)
Exactly what happens with the "pond of Nishikigoi". No difference if at the first or second level or if next to three or four pieces of the same set.
Pond level one or level two next to two pieces the percentage of defense remains at 2%.
Pond level one or level two next to three pieces the percentage of defense remains at 3%

I believe that having a third level has difficulties, but thinking of adjusting those percentages or the premium of something that already exists, is a joke for those who just have to "replace" something.

At the moment I also consider that "Inno" itself is looking at and improving "existing" buildings (for example the Governor's Villa to name one) and therefore, instead of having "too many" new buildings, improving creates a rather fast and concrete novelty.
Because, last consideration and I close, in a while, full of fragments and scattered pieces of incomplete buildings, other than inventory, we will have to have a phone book ..
ah aha hah ha ha   

I hope to have the support of other Players.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think everyone wants this spring set to have an upgrade, either on the sakura or on the set as a whole and I even agree, but after asking so much and nothing came I really prefer to accept it that the building was outdated and remove it from the city and put a Panda Shrine in its place hehehehe

Beta567

Baronet
To be honest I think there is a very narrow number of people who worship Cherry set. For most of the players it won't be relevant.

Astrid

Baronet
Honestly I hope they never add more sets to the game. While they came with the dreaded golden upgrade, it was still a plus since they stopped adding sets as main rewards to events. Improving older sets ? No thanks, there are a lot more older event buildings that should be improved, but please not sets.

Good evening Everyone.

Yes I understand Your positions.
I try to make an example a little more "practical" and maybe Your interest changes, but before trying to raise Your enthusiasm, I invite You to think that the fishing of events and buildings is what,

really is ALREADY happening.

It is not a coincidence that I took as an example the now dated and glorious "villa of the Governor", which now with its "plus"
he chases away the Governor and instead hosts the Viceroy and probably after him, there seems to be a n.........ext.

The "game" is reshuffling old buildings and even events.
The friendship event have the same mechanics as the St. Patrick's Day event.
The previous event had the same calendar as the winter event. . . . . and I could go on and on...
So we are ALREADY living this "era" of repechage in a sense, but true renewal is never a fishery I see it as an update instead, a keeping up with the times.

And what does it cost us to think that if they decided to update the "cherry garden set", this set would not also move to help the "fifth level of shipping"?
since many still do not participate.

Let's make a guess, if currently the set is:
GONG of Wisdom at level one next to three pieces gives a "Forge point".
GONG of Wisdom at level two next to three pieces gives two "Forge Points"
GONG of WISDOM at level one next to four pieces gives two "Forge Points"
GONG of WISDOM at level two next to four pieces gives two "Forge Points"

if it could become

GONG of Wisdom at level one next to three pieces gives a "Forge point",
GONG of Wisdom at level two next to three pieces gives two "Forge Points" ,
GONG of WISDOM updated to level one next to four pieces will give six "Forge Points" ,

GONG of WISDOM upgraded to level two next to four pieces will give twelve "Forge Points"

and let's try to think how interesting it could be
the "pond of Nishikigoi" which currently gives:
Nishikigoi pond at level one next to two pieces the percentage of defense gives a 2% increase.
Nishikigoi pond at level two next to two pieces the percentage of defense gives a 5% increase;
Nishikigoi pond at level one next to three pieces the defense percentage gives a 3% increase.
Nishikigoi pond at level two next to three pieces the percentage of defense gives a 7% increase;

if it could become

Nishikigoi pond at level one with another piece of the set at its side gives a defense percentage of 2%, as it is
Nishikigoi Pond upgrade at level two next to two pieces the defense percentage gives a 7% increase;
Nishikigoi Pond upgrade at level one next to three pieces the defense percentage gives a 10% increase.

Nishikigoi Pond upgrade to level two next to three pieces the defense percentage gives a 12% increase.

But this is only my hypothesis, instead of not agreeing with it, why don't you join this proposal?

It's not that the programmers of FoE don't have new ideas,
on the contrary, they have the drawers of their desks full of ready-made projects.
It is that now, finding themselves committed to "entering" other more profitable markets,
they cannot open and discover all the "news" and surprises and perhaps
remain dry when success in those countries will require new buildings and new events and new vitality.
The US market is still giving satisfaction after the first period, now it is the turn of the Asian markets
And I think that in another year, we will have the real news.
The US market is still giving satisfaction after the first period, now it is the turn of the Asian markets

And I think that in another year, we will have the real news.

Now.......... if we have to settle, at least we choose what........... choose.

Good game to All.

Honestly I hope they never add more sets to the game. While they came with the dreaded golden upgrade, it was still a plus since they stopped adding sets as main rewards to events. Improving older sets ? No thanks, there are a lot more older event buildings that should be improved, but please not sets.
Why? My archeology set gives me 116% atk and 80% defense in a 12x7

No, adding upgrades to those buildings are bad.
I mean, now i am keeping a lot of chessboards (not sure about name in engish version) just in case they will add lvl 2 - better then winning place.
Back then winning place was very bad - they gave it second level - now is the best.

If the building is usless now - it should be put to trash. Many players have dumped a lot of builigns which come to be usefull because IG gave the second lvl.

Astrid

Baronet
And the barn set gives me 120% atk on a 12x6
The barn set is / was good. Indeed the attack output is huge, but you get only this, the rest of the bonuses are negligible(fp, goods).

I had the archeology normal set(with butterfly house) for more than 1 year in my city. It had decent bonuses, but not worth keeping it anymore.

Any newer event building, starting with Panda Shrine just destroys these sets. Even the Archdruid Hut is stronger overall. High city defence boosts' buildings combined with generous amounts of goods, forge points and at least 1 attacking boost are heads and shoulders above anything else.

Before being a game, it's a business. They throw new buildings in game with stats that we couldn't even imagine a year ago so we can throw money at them yet the older buildings rarely get any rework / improvement.

Also, lots of players don't like sets, they are difficult to fit / move around like you do with a standard 4x5 building.

Also, lots of players don't like sets, they are difficult to fit / move around like you do with a standard 4x5 building
Hello,
yes I understand that.

All sets have a great difficulty, to be understood, and their application itself sometimes does not help their success.
But this is part of the Player's style and then there are many aids that can make sure that the set is "intended".
Wiki - YT - Guild etcetera
But let's dwell a little on a couple of aspects.
Even in the environment We make sure to recover and recycle what We can.
In this set, there is something that was already missing when it came out.
Some pieces, even adding next to other pieces, do not improve themselves and even if their level rises to the second.
And that is a fact. Now sending it to garbage is also a real nuisance.

It's true, we have buildings that are better than many sets and are always offered to us at every event,
buildings for which it is worth facing missions and many small sacrifices such as time and more.
But even the sets, although not "easy" to insert, with their small difficulties have a value and if they were renewed,
dusted off in the end the result could also be "NOT NEEDING" such long and annoying inventories.

One of the battles We will face shortly, will be the space not only of cities but also of inventory.

Let us reflect on this,
reflect.

At least we approve a poll please

yes or no

let the Players choose.

Thank You.

Emberguard

Emperor

Sets initially were great prior to so many things becoming immune to plunder, because your total production is spread out between 5 things. So you'd need 5 plunderers instead of 1 to lose the entire production for that Set. It essentially protected your city through overwhelming plunderers with too many micro-options

Then Sets later on were all about creating the best custom layout, and they were popular because they were more or less the best thing available for the space taken up once you customised it

Now we're at a point where existing Sets are being power-crept on, and you have so many Chain-Links available. Sets are complicated to work out what their actual output for the space taken up is. There's just so many pieces to individually calculate, and no shortcuts to do it (in the game itself)

Whereas a Chain-Link puts all that information nice and handy into a single building. You don't have to work anything out. You don't have to consult a third-party resource to do the math for you.

Basically Chain Links are just better at everything a Set does, due to everything being easy to read. I like the challenge that comes with rearranging Sets, I would have no complaints if they were to release another Set. But It would be nice if there were some sort of overview on each Sets total output like we get with Chains.

Well you are right. I just tried it in rebuild and it did not reset the clock.

After 2 1/2 years playing this game and I'm still learning it. LOL
;)
one worning.

It has to be placed exactly as it was staying (i am 50/50 sure)
i mean some sets can be build in few diffrent ways - and i am not sure if in this case - the timer would reset.

Emberguard

Emperor
well i think you can in rebuild option
Only if it’s not ready to collect. Otherwise it will collect the production for you.

i mean some sets can be build in few diffrent ways - and i am not sure if in this case - the timer would reset.
Each piece needs the same amount of neighbouring pieces, before and after the move

So technically you can move a bit, but it’ll be so limited it’s not worth fiddling with the layout unless you want it reset

Good evening.

There is another aspect that arises from this debate.
Whether the sets are important or not and whether it is right to ask for their advancement.

As I said, expressing my opinion for now (because I still can't find who really agrees with my opinion) there are different styles of Players.
From this discussion it turns out that chains are better because Emberguard writes:
a Chain-Link puts all that information nice and handy into a single building. You don't have to work anything out. You don't have to consult a third-party resource to do the math for you.
Yes correct.
But dear Emberguard,
it is true I cannot deny this, however if we had such a simplistic "dish" game, perhaps we did not have to play "FoE" or even better, it is not that All Players must have only one way of "thinking" the game.
If we talk about events, I am one of those who prefers St. Patrick to other kinds of events that rely on chance or luck alone, because if I can't I have struck something, I have not had the necessary time, but it must have been my fault.

If We only had to look for and "glue" pieces to become stronger and not stop to talk about it, to discuss, to search even through the simple discussion or exchange of opinions with other Players, I would not be able to recognize "FoE" anymore.
The Guild, the community, YouT, the "forum" itself are "dynamics" of the game.

If we only had buildings to conquer and pieces to glue, then yes We close the topic,

I was wrong to hope too.

Now You need to understand if you are a smoker or a non-smoker.
If you are a smoker you would like your own space, aware that if you smoke where there are people who do not appreciate you can create damage.
If you are a non-smoker, you just want to understand that those who want to smoke, must stay outside. Other skills are needed to understand the needs of the other party and therefore the smoker will go where he does not create problems but the non-smoker must also let there be a space that those who still want to smoke.

Let there be room for all kinds of Players, it's nice to be able to talk to other Players and share opinions.
It's nice to be able to discover that despite having "mounted the set" there is a better method than yours and therefore being able to "grow" by learning that there was a way you had NOT yet thought of.

Let it be......

I await considerations about the desire to improve not to eliminate.

Thank you for Your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.