• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: changing Tabs make my city inaccessible

podkap1970

Emperor
since i have the new Firefox 55.0 (32 bit) or the new Adobe Flashplayer (26,0,0,151) installed, i have a new bug
not sure which of both made this, but i think its the new FF, with this new Tab feature maybe?

when i change from my city-(tab), to another tab to do something else, and go back to my city-tab, i have no access to my city anymore, i have to do a relog

Andi47

Overlord
same is known with Chrome - there it helps to resize the browser window. Maybe this also helps with FF?

podkap1970

Emperor
same is known with Chrome - there it helps to resize the browser window. Maybe this also helps with FF?
yes this helps, but resizing window or reloading is not really a good solution
there must be some sort of settings in the about:config, i hope atleast

and my city moves slowly (not that slow we had many months ago), when i hold mousebutton and move my city

podkap1970

Emperor
hmm maybe it is the Flashplayer update, my FlashPlayerPlugin_26_0_0_151.exe using more and more memory, when i have my city as active Tab

podkap1970

Emperor
ok first i did downgrade Flash Player to 26.0.0.137, but this did not help
than i did downgrade Firefox to 54.0.1, now its working fine again,
i also did upgrade Flashplayer to newst version again (26,0,0,151) and still working

so its the new Firefox 55.0 which makes trouble here

podkap1970

Emperor
ok i read in another forum, Chrome have this problem since few weeks (as Andy47 wrote above), and now seems like the new Firefox have this problem too ?
and you are working on a fix, but no success yet ?

hmm well, i'm wondering why noone else wrote here, that he have this problem too
means not everyone is getting this bug, or they don't use Chrome or FF, or they do not upgrade their Browsers :)

for me is this a very annoying bug/problem

piohh

Baronet
I task this problem as a FF Problem. With Update 55 some add-ons are market as "old add-on" amd status4ever don't work cerrectly anymore. Thats why i downgrade to 54.0.1 and all works fine like "never change a running sytem". I deactivate FF Updates and wait for some fixes before I update it again.

RedRed

Viceroy
I confirm that it is a FF 55 problem. Not all people upgrades the browser at the same time, so probably why you don't have much feedback (mine updated yesterday evening), plus the summer vacations etc... Better to wait a fix from browser devs, previous attempt by inno devs wasn't good enough (f.e. Puffin was almost unplayable, with neverending game reloading)

Last edited: