• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Chance of getting Promethium and Orichalcum from (recurring) quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser5097

+1
Intressting for random rewards. May even good for including in DC
or in a very few low prizes of gamble events.

DeletedUser

the reason they introduced promethium is slow down the research progress

if you give out special goods in quests people could again do everything in shorter time

DeletedUser8859

-1 There is absolutely nothing you can do with the stuff once you finish the tech and fight through GE, so why would I want more? Can't sell it, can't trade it. So no thanks

Tech can be finished true, but GE starts every week. You can produce those rare goods at your harbor / submarine facility and then stop production and start using it at GE when needed. If your stock reach zero, then a random amount from a DC or incident as proposed here or send the ship / submarine for a new lot or two to have enough for next week GE.

If you fight all encounters up to last one at level 4, I agree this is not relevant for you; but it seems to me that not every player do battle all the way in GE up to the 48 or 64 encounters. for the players who do negotiate part of level 3 / level 4 it may have merit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

If approved, I would limit it to appear in quests or DC to OF and above players, the only ones who would need those rare goods.

the reason they introduced promethium is slow down the research progress if you give out special goods in quests people could again do everything in shorter time

Given the proposed probability of 5%, to win just 5 units of promethium or orichalcum, and the randomness to get another quest or DC giving a new 5% opportunity to win again the huge amount of 5 more units...
How much time would a player will need to complete the 100, 125 or more of these rare goods that are needed to unlock a single technology at the Research Tree?

How much short the research progress would be impacted by this proposal if implemented?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If approved, I would limit it to appear in quests or DC to OF and above players, the only ones who would need those rare goods.

Given the proposed probability of 5%, to win just 5 units of promethium or orichalcum, and the randomness to get another quest or DC giving a new 5% opportunity to win again the huge amount of 5 more units...
How much time would a player will need to complete the 100, 125 or more of these rare goods that are needed to unlock a single technology at the Research Tree?

How much short the research progress would be impacted by this proposal if implemented?

When you're sitting at the end of the tech tree for protacted periods of time, it could easily replace the harbors entirely. I have to agree with others that it goes against the presumed purpose of the harbors in the first place of slowing down the top players. You can easily make enough to negotiate GE weekly via the harbors if you're a negotiator (about 700 a week those harbors put out with one trip a day - you need no more than 200 for a week of negotiations).

DeletedUser8859

When you're sitting at the end of the tech tree for protacted periods of time,

If you are at the end of the tech tree (that currently mean at end of VF 1st Part), you not longer needs the harbors for research (until an unknown future when a new era or part is released), the purpose to slow to down was already fulfilled.

You just may need an ocassional trip to refill the orichalcum stock for negotiation. Then, if you can get 100 or 200 (or more) per trip in less than a day (depending on crew selected and their level)....
  • is an occasional 5% chance to get 5 orichalcum a mayor impact to anything? on a DC that may not repeat during this week?
even if repeated... and if you are lucky enough to hit the 5% probability reward in two (2) consecutive opportunities in same week...
  • are 10 extra orichalcum in a week (with no guarantee that you will get that again next week) an unbalance to the game for a player still researching the OF tech? or 5 or 10 promethium for a player still researching AF techs?

DeletedUser8859

lol (or damned no promethium in iron age) you would limit an OF good to OF and later ?
tell me one thing that you get in recurring quests (and DC) that is higher than the era you are in ?
or wait:
if you limit Orichalcum to OF (and above) then you are abusing the system to get goods higher than your era

Let me clarify, I intended to say:
  • To limit DC offering 5% chance of 5 Promethium to AF players who are the ones needing/using this rare good.
  • To limit DC offering 5% chance of 5 Orichalcum to OF players who are the ones who need/use this rare good.
  • Players below AF will not get these DCs since they do not need/use Promethium or Orichalcum, not yet.
OF players also need Promethium in a some initial techs, so they could also get the DC offering 5% change of 5 Promethium, probably lowering the chances of getting the 5% chance of 5 Orichalcum.

Did I understand you correctly? You mean to say that Prometeum is higher than AF Era? Orichalcum is higher than OF Era? I do not consider this:"higher than your era" definition valid for Prometeum or Orichalcum.
  • Why definition not applicable?
    • AF players are capable to research/unlock the tech required to produce Prometeum. That is an AF tech.
    • AF players are capable to build/finish construction of the harbor required produce Prometeum. That harbor is an AF building, AF special building.
    • AF Players are capable of producing Prometeum at their AF city, after building the AF harbor, built after unlocking the AF tech.
    • Therefore Prometeum is an AF good, not higher than than AF era.
    • Similar logic for OF players and Orichalcum.
  • This is not like an Iron Age player producing Gold or Granite at an EMA goods building or EMA special building their city. That would be producing "higher than your era" .
Abusing the system? [QUOTE="BetaTest03, post: 65778, member: 3622 "to get goods higher than your era[/QUOTE
  • No. See above bullets on not applicability of "hgher era goods definition".
  • No, even if my Star Wars Sith dark side logic (not Star Trek Vulcan logic I apologize) is flawed, consider this:
    • Lower era players can conquer / negotiate provinces higher than their current era, provinces that can give as reward goods of that era higher than Player era.
    • So the game has already opportunities (rare, maybe 1 or 2 provinces like that per era/era part map, but still valid available opportunities): to get goods higher than your era.
    • Then this is not abuse, is something already available at the game, like getting unattached units one or two eras above your age.

DeletedUser7951

The limitation is there to slow down and not make everything about quest shuffling (or even about boring DC). Hardly had the need the goods building in my cities since modern ? era, why make the harbour useless too ?

DeletedUser7942

the reason they introduced promethium is slow down the research progress
I don't recall them saying that but I don't recall if anything was said as to why Special Goods were added at all. I agree it does slow progress down but If anything really slows down players it's tiered releases but the stated reason for that was to get content out sooner, which is sort of true, yes things get released in quicker intervals but they're the same age lol.

Date - Age - Months Since Last Expansion

April 2012 Bronze Age to Late Middle Ages
October 15, 2012 - Colonial Age - 6
March 14, 2013 - Industrial Age - 5
July 30, 2013 - Progressive Era - 4
January 14, 2014 - Modern Era - 6
June 3, 2014 - Postmodern Era - 5
October 21, 2014 - Contemporary Era - 4
April 21, 2015 - Tomorrow Era - 6
November 4, 2015 - Future Era - 6
May 24, 2016 - Arctic Future 1 - 6
August 30, 2016 - Arctic Future 2 - 3
October 12, 2016 - Arctic Future 3 - 2
December 7, 2016 - Arctic Future 4 - 2
March 15, 2017 - Oceanic Future 1 - 3
May 17, 2017 - Oceanic Future 2 - 2
August 2, 2017 - Oceanic Future 3 - 2
Oct 11, 2017 - Oceanic Future 4 - 2
December 4, 2017 - Oceanic Future 5 - 2
March 7, 2018 - Oceanic Future 6- 3
July 18, 2018 - Virtual Future 1 - 4

DeletedUser8859

why make the harbour useless too ?
Sorry to answer a question with another but : Why to have only one choice to obtain something?

Obtain FP
  • 1 hour FP counter
  • Investing at GBs
  • FP producing GBs: Hagia Sophia, Castle Del Monte, Cape Canaveral, Innovation Tower, Artic Orangery, Kraken...
  • FP producing Special Buildings: Shrines of Knowledge, Sky Watch, Wishing Wells, Fountain of Youth, Event buildings, Set Buildings, ...
  • Rewards from Quests, DCs, Incidents, GE, Tavern Visits, Events
  • Plundering
  • Boost of GBs on other sources: Arc boost on GB Contributions rewards, Chatteau boost of Quests rewards
Obtain Coins
  • Houses production
  • Rewards from Quests, DCs, Incidents, GE, Events
  • Aiding
  • Plundering
  • Special buildings providing Coins as an alternative, or coins plus other things every x hours (ex. Oasis, Tribal Squares, many others)
  • Rewards from sectors / provinces
  • Coin producing GBs: Cathedral of Aachen, St Basils Cathedral, Chatteau Frontenac, Habitat, Lotus Temple, Space Needle...
  • Boost of GBs on other sources: St Marks boost on houses production, Chatteau boost of Quests rewards
Obtain supplies:
  • Supplies building production
  • Special buildings providing Supplies as an alternative, or supplies plus other things every x hours (ex. Witch Doctor, many others)
  • Plundering
  • Rewards from sectors / provinces
  • Supply producing GBs: Capitol, Seed Vault, Notre Dame
  • Boost of GBs on other sources: Lighthouse and Royal albert Hall boost on supply buildings production, Chatteau boost of Quests rewards
Obtain Goods:
  • See below the next quote, again multiple options.
Obtain Medals:
  • Battle and win weekly the top positions at the Towers of the different eras.
  • Medals production at special buildings giving multiple options depending on hour cycle selected
  • Plundering
  • Rewards from provinces.
  • GBs producing Medals: Deal Castle, Statue of Gaea, The Blue Galaxy and yes why not mentioning the always loved Collosseum.
Why to have one, and only one way to get promethium or orichalcum?
  • Is a 5% chance in a DC that can be set to appear rarely once a week of even later than that, too much to demote the "special good" ranking of promethium and orichalcum?
  • What are the odds to consistently winning that 5% chance every time the quest shows up?
  • Are the 5 units of promethium or orichalcum won on a DC like this, given the probabilities asked above, going to make the harbor obsolete? i don t think so.
    • If a tech requires 150 Promethium to unlock, how long it will take to accumulate them with this rare random repeating DC, giving only 5% chance to win the HUGE amount of 5 units of Promethium? How long using trips of the ship?
    • Is that a great impact to the balance of the game? Explain me how.

Hardly had the need the goods building in my cities since modern ?

There is a requirement to have goods to advance in the game. TRUE, needed for research, GB construction, for Guild Treasury donations, to solve quests, DCs, others..
However, there is no requirement to obtain them from goods buildings built at your city. There are multiple ways to get goods.
  • Using your own regular goods buildings is the first and probably one of the most used options to obtain goods.
    • Production is limited to up to 30 goods per day (using 8 hours cycles and being on time to collect them).
    • But you need to add houses for the population required for the goods buildings.
    • Houses will require space used in roads
    • Population from houses requires happiness unless you want to produce non efficiently at "angry" level. Roads alone wont produce enough happiness in most cities, therefore consider space for cultural buildings and roads to connect them. Your choice.
    • Plus consider the risk of plundering, so add space for defense measures (defense army, Monastery, other special buildings, watch fires / ritual flames). Again your choice.
  • Using Great Buildings to produce goods is another option.
    • To be used along with goods buildings or to eventually replace them completely.
    • With additional levels the goods produced per day increase and pass over the maximum per day of a regular goods building.
    • No need for house/population to get these goods.
    • No need for happiness for the goods production. The amount produced by level is not affected by current city happiness (enthusiastic to angry) status.
    • Additional advantage that goods from Great Buildings cant be plundered. Risk reduction.
    • Space reduction (specially in higher eras). Some goods producing GBs like Tower of Babel and Lighthouse of Alexandria are just 4x4, much smaller than current eras goods buildings that are much bigger and maybe with odd sizes and on top require 2x roads. Great Buildings never need 2x roads.
So why to stick to use regular goods buildings to get goods? Shall I continue?
  • Play style to get goods. If you are a plunderer build a city to support that and get goods from plundering not from producing:
    • Build Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castle Del Monte and Alcatraz. Raise them to respectable levels. Your neighborhood will dictate how high your GBs must be.
    • Add the new Terracota Army if you like.
    • Add Kraken and Voyager V1 if you like.
    • Build attack bonus giving special buildings, as needed, check stats and evaluate if good enough to be added to city.
    • Win a Rogue Hideout and a Champion Retreat (if a good choice for your Era). Multiply them with Alcatraz.
    • Win unattached units at GE and quests to mix with Rogues. This reduce or eliminate the need for regular barracks at the city too with all the additional space saving benefits of reduced need for houses, happiness, roads, etc explained above
    • Get (plunder) goods from neighbors' regular / special goods buildings after battle victory.
    • No regular goods buildings in your Plunderer City, with all the space saving benefits of reduced need for houses, happiness, roads, etc explained above.
  • There are other ways to get goods than production using regular goods buildings
    • As mentioned above: GBs and Plundering
    • Special goods buildings including but not limited to Terrace Farms, Tribal Squares, Bazaars, Marahah Palace, and plenty others. List is long, compare stats and build the most efficient.
    • FPs vs Good deals.
    • Dynamic Tower reward after aiding.
    • Miscellaneous quests, DCs, Incidents, provinces rewards, etc
Again, where is written that to play the game you need to have regular goods buildings? There are multiple options in the game to advance your city. If a way to advance your city is to:
  • replace the now obsolete regular goods buildings by another options to get the goods needed,
  • replace now obsolete houses with additional levels at GBs like Innovation Tower, Babel or Habitat
  • replace now obsolete cultural buildings with additional levels of Alcatraz and other GBs
  • replace multiple military barracks with just Alcatraz, unattached units from GE, and keep just 1 Rogue Hideout and few Champions Retreats if worthy
  • why not replacing a harbor facility if a better way of obtain its production is found?
Why if using other options available in the game some think we are not playing FOE?

DeletedUser8859

Maybe its an idea to add a change of getting promethium an orichalcum from quests for example 5 with a chance of 5% not affected by the cF

To avoid Chatteau Frontenac boost, and to simplify programming, make this not from a regular or recurring quest, but from a different source, like Daily Challenge.

Like suggested by drakenridder:
May even good for including in DC or in a very few low prizes of gamble events.

DeletedUser8406

Let me clarify, I intended to say:
    • Lower era players can conquer / negotiate provinces higher than their current era, provinces that can give as reward goods of that era higher than Player era.
    • So the game has already opportunities (rare, maybe 1 or 2 provinces like that per era/era part map, but still valid available opportunities): to get goods higher than your era.
    • Then this is not abuse, is something already available at the game, like getting unattached units one or two eras above your age.
Player can also get higher era goods from Dynamic tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.