• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Championship Update: Battle for the Wyverntide Spire of Victory!

InnoGames

Your friendly forum bot
newlogo1.png

Dear Battleground Champions!

We have added new rewards to the third Championship round on beta, including the new Wyverntide Spire of Victory!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "To battle or not to battle, that's the question." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Based on the article I thought that only the guild that places first would get fragments for the tower but in-game I see it's still 1,000 fragments for second place and 500 fragments for third place.
The tower is quite strong.
For the rest the smithy is a nice little addition.

CDmark

Baronet
L1 requires road but L2 does not. Just wanted to point it out in case people missed it. Inno, when you post the stats, something like that, can you put in red so it stands out better.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So we have 3 different towers now? No problem for the top guilds but you're making it quite difficult for the littler guilds to complete a particular tower.
And they will sit in my inventory if we are still matched with guilds that easily can make #1 or #2 when they should have been in their own little pond while the rest of us try and duke it out for top places.

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
It feels unbalanced that only the first 3 guilds in a session get any fragments. When facing top guilds in the diamond league, many don't even compete anymore, to drop back to the lower tier and face weaker opponents the next session, to have a better chance of getting in the 1st place, which makes the game very unfun actually.

So if a championship lasts for 3 monts/6 sessions, the chance for a guild to get 1st place 3 or 5 times, is very very low, for most of us!

The rewards should be more similar to the new QI system, where the top 10 guilds get a decent amount of Neo Colossus SK, so in GBG, out of 100 guilds in the diamond league, the top 20 guilds each season should get 1st place rewards, next... 30 guilds should get 2nd place rewards, last 50 should get 3rd place rewards, this way everybody would compete to get into the diamond league and aim for the best place possible each season.

Edit:
Personally I would be even more generous, and give fist 50 guilds in the diamond league 1st place rewards, next 50 2nd place rewards, and to first 20 guilds in the Platinum League 3rd place rewards, to have a taste and a motivation to aim for better as well ;) :p

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
It feels unbalanced that only the first 3 guilds in a session get any fragments. When facing top guilds in the diamond league, many don't even compete anymore, to drop back to the lower tier and face weaker opponents the next session, to have a better chance of getting in the 1st place, which makes the game very unfun actually.

So if a championship lasts for 3 monts/6 sessions, the chance for a guild to get 1st place 3 or 5 times, is very very low, for most of us!

The rewards should be more similar to the new QI system, where the top 10 guilds get a decent amount of Neo Colossus SK, so in GBG, out of 100 guilds in the diamond league, the top 20 guilds each season should get 1st place rewards, next... 30 guilds should get 2nd place rewards, last 50 should get 3rd place rewards, this way everybody would compete to get into the diamond league and aim for the best place possible each season.

Edit:
Personally I would be even more generous, and give fist 50 guilds in the diamond league 1st place rewards, next 50 2nd place rewards, and to first 20 guilds in the Platinum League 3rd place rewards, to have a taste and a motivation to aim for better as well ;) :p
Not all worlds even have 50 guilds in diamond, but equally, in my live world, out of the 30ish who are regularly 1000 lps, there are seriously several who don’t belong there. So why would the handful who can win any or most 1000 lp battles keep battling it out if the same prize they get for winning is given to guild who can’t compete at all?

Fdm1407

Merchant
Not all worlds even have 50 guilds in diamond, but equally, in my live world, out of the 30ish who are regularly 1000 lps, there are seriously several who don’t belong there. So why would the handful who can win any or most 1000 lp battles keep battling it out if the same prize they get for winning is given to guild who can’t compete at all?
I would be happy with the old system where all 8 guilds get some fragments, the top guilds would still get the most but the guilds from 4 to 8 also get rewards for battling, i think that was a fair system

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Now you are thinking like a marketing agent!

Yes, why would they battle harder if everyone received the same rewards. They wouldn’t! So, to get users to spend, pit them against each other for a “valuable” reward. One which only the best of the best will receive! And.. It is now different every season! :0!! 3 seasons, 3 different top championship rewards. This makes it even more important to win not only more seasons during the Championship, but the Championship itself to get that FULL building. This is your only shot at it!!!!!!

If you have been paying attention, you will note who is doing the spending on GbG. How many guilds on those top islands are building and rushing buildings every sector? How many just kick back and perhaps not even build on their home base? How many just build on their home base? And, who are the ones spending and rushing buildings ALL season? Many guilds will just wait and build bases on a friendly island next season, no need to waste resources now.

IT is not cheap to build and rush to be top dog on a WAR island now. Rationalize all you like about how many hits per diamond it works out to. Truth is, what was once 150 Diamonds to rush a sector, is now.. what… like 575 Diamonds to rush that same sector? Screw how many hits per diamond, that is a cop out to how much it is actually costing now. The users spending those diamonds are just trying to rationalize the new, higher cost. Face reality folks, you ARE spending way more now.

If they go back to the old rewards, or give too many a chance to get that special, shiny, new, limited edition reward, the wild spending stops or at least slows down. As with the F2P rationalizing that the Gold Reward building that costs $25 today, will be given out free as a daily reward in a year. They only have to kick back and wait.

Hey, I am not saying if this is good or bad. I am simply pointing out the painfully obvious. It is not going to change as long as it keeps working.

Fdm1407

Merchant
Now you are thinking like a marketing agent!

Yes, why would they battle harder if everyone received the same rewards. They wouldn’t! So, to get users to spend, pit them against each other for a “valuable” reward. One which only the best of the best will receive! And.. It is now different every season! :0!! 3 seasons, 3 different top championship rewards. This makes it even more important to win not only more seasons during the Championship, but the Championship itself to get that FULL building. This is your only shot at it!!!!!!

If you have been paying attention, you will note who is doing the spending on GbG. How many guilds on those top islands are building and rushing buildings every sector? How many just kick back and perhaps not even build on their home base? How many just build on their home base? And, who are the ones spending and rushing buildings ALL season? Many guilds will just wait and build bases on a friendly island next season, no need to waste resources now.

IT is not cheap to build and rush to be top dog on a WAR island now. Rationalize all you like about how many hits per diamond it works out to. Truth is, what was once 150 Diamonds to rush a sector, is now.. what… like 575 Diamonds to rush that same sector? Screw how many hits per diamond, that is a cop out to how much it is actually costing now. The users spending those diamonds are just trying to rationalize the new, higher cost. Face reality folks, you ARE spending way more now.

If they go back to the old rewards, or give too many a chance to get that special, shiny, new, limited edition reward, the wild spending stops or at least slows down. As with the F2P rationalizing that the Gold Reward building that costs $25 today, will be given out free as a daily reward in a year. They only have to kick back and wait.

Hey, I am not saying if this is good or bad. I am simply pointing out the painfully obvious. It is not going to change as long as it keeps working.
And the fact it keeps working has got nothing to do with you right?

Traveler64

Squire
So we have 3 different towers now? No problem for the top guilds but you're making it quite difficult for the littler guilds to complete a particular tower.
If you check the spoilers section, this tower is the first one of 3 lined up to come next. It's a new tower for every championship. As for the fragments in your inventory, it's just paper (unless they make a way to get those buildings again).

Last edited:

Fdm1407

Merchant
If you check the spoilers section, this tower is the first one of 3 lined up to come next. It's a new tower for every championship. As for the fragments in your inventory, it's just paper (unless they make a way to get those buildings again).
That spoiler is old from april 2023 so those are the three towers we have now

Traveler64

Squire
That spoiler is old from april 2023 so those are the three towers we have now
No, it was recently updated on Wednesday last week. If it is unreleased, it is what you see when you open the post. If it has been released, it gets moved to the Released section (there's a button at the bottom of the post). On that note we still have 2 new towers that look way different (and better) than the ones already released which will come up next along with additional buildings.

Last edited:
So.. the guilds who won the first two championships (which is probably the same guild on most production servers since it takes a while for a guild to rise up and take 1st from another consistently) are going to have 500 goods per day per player from having both level 2 towers, and the reward isn't even consistent? I was hoping my guild would be able to take a victory in the 3rd championship.. But this reward is so underwhelming I wouldn't even build it.. Give it at least 100fp/day, or some city goods or guild goods. This building isn't even as good as event buildings.

So.. the guilds who won the first two championships (which is probably the same guild on most production servers since it takes a while for a guild to rise up and take 1st from another consistently) are going to have 500 goods per day per player from having both level 2 towers, and the reward isn't even consistent? I was hoping my guild would be able to take a victory in the 3rd championship.. But this reward is so underwhelming I wouldn't even build it.. Give it at least 100fp/day, or some city goods or guild goods. This building isn't even as good as event buildings.
somehow I misread and missed the fp and guild goods. It looks like a stellar building!

Traveler64

Squire
Well then that sucks big time, so only the top guilds get a chance to towers, if this comes to live servers i think it's time for a new game, i don't wanna be part of a game that favorites the top guilds (cuz they spent more diamonds which means money)
I'm concerned about the goods output of those buildings. 400 goods at level 2 for 80 members equates to the goods produced by 40 x Level 39 Arcs. And this happens every 3 months. Soon the top guilds are going to become unbeatable in placing siege camps (I know that's not the latest name but..)

Last edited: