• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Champions in the Space Ages

qaccy

Emperor
I think it's nice that Inno's more or less kept up with Champions through the ages, keeping them relevant stat-wise compared to other units from each age. However, one thing that I think is really lacking for them is their movement. Specifically, they aren't afforded many 'discounts' when crossing terrain like pretty much all other units are, including the standard heavy unit of each age. Given battlefield layouts, and combined with them having very little attack range starting in SAAB, it makes them rather ineffective in most combat situations, despite their impressive stats which at this point are even starting to surpass the other units of their age. I personally feel like Champions' movement costs should be rebalanced somehow to make it a little easier for them to move around the battlefield. I'm fine with their attack range mirroring the heavies. I'm fine with them not having Keen Eye. I'm fine with their initiative value. I'm definitely fine with their stats. I just want them to be more mobile than they currently are.

I have a feeling I'm talking about something that's completely foreign to most players who might read this (what's this about 'movement cost'?), but it's something that's been bugging me for a while!