• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Cancel division of server between countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
More active playaers in one place, more "regular" players in one place, easier to balance everything.
Details
As above
Balance
As above
Abuse Prevention
n/a
Summary
as above
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
no idea.
Well, lack of players, espacially of active players is present. Less and less players are online on each server. Probably 50% of players in server are cities from players from other worlds.
So
Why not do, what every big game does? Every big game has server for continent. EU, US, AUS, Asia etc.

Why not connect servers? Why not do big europe server. It would encourage new players a lot. Fights between nations would be legendary. The player base would increase enormously.
When we have max 5-8 "sick" guild in server it is hard to balance GB. But what if we have 100-200 such guilds? It would be totally easy

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And yet there’s a US server, makes “sense” to have a US sever but no “UK” server
what? US server would be Continental US server
UK would be in europe. Have no idea what are you talking about.\

Logically I think it'll be Europe, as it's kinda UK and although they left Europe they're still physically in the continent Europe. Also their time zone is UTC +/-0 which practically leaves it international. I think that's the most likely outcome. If I'm not mistaken there's a US server which would merge with N-America, I think.
From language barrier point of view AI is making leaps now. So, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that a year from now AI could run in the background translating foreign languages to native languages of the players. Although this is partly speculative I think it's not unrealistic.
This was your answer to somone who talked about NOT England server - but about Internatinal server whis is already running but very few players know about it.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Another way of blocking easy diamond collection from different world in same server and strictly this merge won't happen. Reason, it affects the big list of stuffs in the game.

Different world in same server doesn't keep same age, same event buildings, continent map progress, goods boosted from continent map, profile battle points, profile points, army units count, coins, supplies. There are lot logical mistakes on doing this merge. Simply it doesn't fit for any logic. Just to make active players crowd, losing many things are unfair.

joyfulrider

Squire
This idea doesn't work out.

Instead of merging,

If the game allows the players to start a fresh game using continent level server selection while logging would be best option.

So in that case, every existing and new players can join and start the progress in same continent server which might have worked out without any trouble. Only issue is, start from zero level again which is acceptable.

CrashBoom

Legend
This idea doesn't work out.

Instead of merging,

If the game allows the players to start a fresh game using continent level server selection while logging would be best option.

So in that case, every existing and new players can join and start the progress in same continent server which might have worked out without any trouble. Only issue is, start from zero level again which is acceptable.
just wondering

when a player can choose between
a) (almost) all speak his language on national server
b) over 80% don't speak his language on continent server

which new player would choose b ?
(and long time players wouldn't leave their main city and go to a different server)

so at the end the continent servers would be more empty than the national servers :D

------------

And now even earlier because of Japan starting 3 months ago

and just wondering:
how empty is the japanese server a few month after the start

and how many of the players there aren't really playing and don't even understand japanese
just be there because of the earlier time zone o_O

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
how empty is the japanese server a few month after the start
Well, I’m #14 on the server as a free to play account. There’s only 1 player in Future or above (I think). I’m just about to move into Progressive Era

and how many of the players there aren't really playing and don't even understand japanese
That would be most of the Guild I’m in (don't speak japanese), myself included. Not sure what percentage of players actually understand Japanese, but looks pretty low. There is enough activity for making a proper go at a city there and be successful at it, just not the kind of activity the OP of this thread would most likely be looking for. We are requiring 16 GE encounters, so anyone in the Guild still has to be logging in and actively playing

Most players who don’t speak Japanese are either there for the fresh start as a side world, or for looking at the daily special.

and long time players wouldn't leave their main city and go to a different server)

so at the end the continent servers would be more empty than the national servers
Certainly not if it’s forced. Voluntarily you’ll get some if they were already looking to start again for the fun of it, but anytime there’s a forced reset (that the game didn’t make clear from the start, and wasn’t designed around) it’s almost guaranteed to make a player just quit

Even just taking a already existing city over to another server isn’t guaranteed to be too much of a hassle (on the players side). From what I’ve come across in the past, when the Korean servers were merged years back barely anyone opted to migrate over to the server they were being merged with. So I’m assuming most either quit rather than move, or never read their messages

The only way I could really see a server merge idea working (without reducing overall player activity in the process) is if it requires zero action on the players side, and it just automatically transfers over. Which isn't going to happen as a lot of names would be duplicated and have to be manually transferred over. Not to mention you'd have conflicting lists on Guilds and Friends

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This was your answer to somone who talked about NOT England server - but about Internatinal server whis is already running but very few players know about it.
I thought the EN server was UK server. From a time zone perspective it makes sense to have a separate US server but both are generally English speaking countries. Although some differences exist. As even UK's time zone is UTC +/-0h, it being physically part of Europe I would say an international server presumable using UTC for server time to become part of either continental Europe server or be its own global server like it's now.
Thought EN was the UK server, that part confused me a bit.

just wondering

when a player can choose between
a) (almost) all speak his language on national server
b) over 80% don't speak his language on continent server

which new player would choose b ?
(and long time players wouldn't leave their main city and go to a different server)

so at the end the continent servers would be more empty than the national servers :D
With recent advancements of AI it could be that languages are automatically translated to the native language of the user. For example the server's source language is English and I've selected Spanish for my language. Then the AI could translate it to Spanish. Let's say someone who's writing me in German sends a message. The AI could automatically translate it to Spanish for me. I could react in Spanish and the person receiving it with German as selected language could read my message in German. It may seems like a stretch now but AI has mad leaps ahead where this could be potentially technically be achievable.

innistria

Farmer
I play on 2 worlds on the international servers, starting on the newest world, I now also play on the oldest world and now the beta world. I enjoy the contrasts between the worlds, this is part of my enjoyment of the game. I also think that it would not be fair to pit the players of the newest world against the oldest world, they would be at a distinct disadvantage. There is an alternative that no one has so far brought up. One game I played many years ago had a special server for their version of the battlefield entered through the game where they had 3 or 4 servers closest in age battling against each other. This however would still affect people if they had more than one city in similar aged servers. I think it would not be fair to limit people to one city after putting their time and investment into multiple cities.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately since this idea did not get the required amount of support, I cannot forward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.