• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Cancel division of server between countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
More active playaers in one place, more "regular" players in one place, easier to balance everything.
Details
As above
Balance
As above
Abuse Prevention
n/a
Summary
as above
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
no idea.
Well, lack of players, espacially of active players is present. Less and less players are online on each server. Probably 50% of players in server are cities from players from other worlds.
So
Why not do, what every big game does? Every big game has server for continent. EU, US, AUS, Asia etc.

Why not connect servers? Why not do big europe server. It would encourage new players a lot. Fights between nations would be legendary. The player base would increase enormously.
When we have max 5-8 "sick" guild in server it is hard to balance GB. But what if we have 100-200 such guilds? It would be totally easy

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well it can be in way:
all worlds A - in one
all world B in one etc.

So there would be no problem with it.

<In fact multiply worlds are problem which i would love IG to take care and ban playing in multiple wordls cuz we dont see number of active players and number of "farming" players.>

it would heal a lot.

Or maybe let them choose which city is "main" and the buildings from farm, FP, goods would go do inventory of main world.

That's already the way the game is set up?
no. i would like to connect server from Europe into one. (and in other continents too)
Much bigger playerbase, much more guilds, healtier economy,
much easier to control balance.

One big server A, one big server B etc.

CrashBoom

Legend
Well it can be in way:
all worlds A - in one

That's already the way the game is set up?
he means:
german A, us A, en A, spain A, portugal A, Brasil A, Thailand A, ... all together

but the reason why there is not one big server for all: each language has a different server (and there are also different time zones in a few)

What would happen with players, that have multiple worlds?
So there would be no problem with it.

that still would be a problem:
I also have a city on Thai server --> earlier timezone. I can check the daily special of the next day 5 hours earlier

so I have 2 cities on the "same" worlds on different servers (de & th)

that still would be a problem:
I also have a city on Thai server --> earlier timezone. I can check the daily special of the next day 5 hours earlier

so I have 2 cities on the "same" worlds on different servers (de & th)
After what i propose, players would have ONE account for Continent.
If you play on many servers in one continenet (a bit surprised) (should be restricted in Rules thats you can play only in your country - because of advantage of time zone - USA players in my - polish time zone) nvm) you would have to choose your main account.

So you would have account on EU server (german) and another account on Asian server - thailand.

(btw daily specials are on fandom wiki - no need to have acc in thailand) Someone from there put up this info regulalary.
but the reason why there is not one big server for all: each language has a different server (and there are also different time zones in a few)
And you know games as diablo, PoE, WoW - every MMO
You can choose your own game language.
You choose guilds - if you are multilingual - no problem, if not - you choose your language guild.

Chat
There would be one (or few) global - multilingual, and chats for every language where you can speak only in "native" language.

CrashBoom

Legend
btw daily specials are on fandom wiki - no need to have acc in thailand
daily specials are on fandom wiki before the next day started BECAUSE of the thailand servers :rolleyes:

so if nobody would have a thailand account the fandom wiki wouldn't get that information earlier o_O
(I have my account there to check when I want and don't want to check the fandom wiki if they have already checked it)

Emberguard

Emperor
daily specials are on fandom wiki before the next day started BECAUSE of the thailand servers :rolleyes:

And now even earlier because of Japan starting 3 months ago ;)

After what i propose, players would have ONE account for Continent.
If you play on many servers in one continenet (a bit surprised) (should be restricted in Rules thats you can play only in your country - because of advantage of time zone - USA players in my - polish time zone) nvm) you would have to choose your main account.

So how exactly are you intending this to work?

There's twenty-something servers, think it's 26. Let's say hypothetically I were to make an account on all 26 servers..... now what? You want me to pick one as a main..... what happens to the other 25 in your proposal? Is my entire Guild disqualified or just me? Am I expected to lose the other 25 accounts or what?

What exactly is the system doing with the information of the server I pick to have my main account? Would I still have access to all worlds within that server? Or would I have to pick a single world, within a single server?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Most of my thoughts on why this won't happen are technical:

- servers already apparently lag at GBG opening due to too much activity - their attempt at staggering the start apparently didn't fix it much. How would much more packed servers fare? Is the backend written in a way that it can be scaled up in any reasonable manner to handle the increased load?
- the already mentioned complication of not just people with cities on multiple servers, but the fact that the account database is 100% separate between servers (i.e. someone could already have your handle on a different language server). Some sort of manual migration process would likely need to be involved. How many players will be lost to the nuisance of migration?

I do agree it would help with the potential for competitive balance of GBG to have more guilds in one place. But should the significant number of players who don't even play GBG be put through stress of server mergers because of it?

so if nobody would have a thailand account the fandom wiki wouldn't get that information earlier o_O
(I have my account there to check when I want and don't want to check the fandom wiki if they have already checked it)
let the thailand do their job.
I do agree it would help with the potential for competitive balance of GBG to have more guilds in one place. But should the significant number of players who don't even play GBG be put through stress of server mergers because of it?
the technical issues is not for us to discuss. Its matter of IG

What stress, It would make game for everyone much easier.
But well, with every change in games some sor of players have "problems and stress"
- servers already apparently lag at GBG opening due to too much activity - their attempt at staggering the start apparently didn't fix it much. How would much more packed servers fare? Is the backend written in a way that it can be scaled up in any reasonable manner to handle the increased load?
but, there is online version of heroes. It died because of money paywall etc, but in was fully working global mmo as browser game

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
let the thailand do their job.

the technical issues is not for us to discuss. Its matter of IG

But well, with every change in games some sor of players have "problems and stress"

but, there is online version of heroes. It died because of money paywall etc, but in was fully working global mmo as browser game
I agree, the technical issues aren't really for us to weigh in on. Just thought it merited mention that even if your suggestion passed, the likelihood of it happening is probably close to nil because of them.

And yes, every change will cause stress for someone. But if there's a lot of those someones and the change is only nuisance for no benefit to them (i.e. lone player happily playing their game unaware GBG even exists now has to go through a manual account migration process to continue doing what they're doing so that the GBG players can have more people to play with), it becomes a reason not to do it.

----

Given the scarcity of "serious" GBGers perhaps an alternative might be to round up the people clamoring for a more competitive experience, recruit them to one of the already-biggest-worlds (generally the oldest one) on one of the biggest existing servers, and start new cities(and accounts if need be) and guilds there to create a community-driven super-world.

Emberguard

Emperor
I don't see how this makes anything easier. Of course you won't find it stressful.... you're not the one that would be negatively effected by the proposal

You started off saying cross-server, then changed to wanting the rules altered on which accounts are even allowed. What happens to the accounts that are currently 100% within the rules but you're proposing to make against the rules?

I don't see how this makes anything easier. Of course you won't find it stressful.... you're not the one that would be negatively effected by the proposal
more players on server - more goods, more plans, faster 1,9

What happens to the accounts that are currently 100% within the rules but you're proposing to make against the rules?
i am not proposing it be when "connecting" off the rules. I woul like the rules would be change now xd
Nothing, life is brutal, they would lost them. But it is not the point of idea.

One big server would heal a lot of present problems of FOE

CrashBoom

Legend
more players on server - more goods, more plans, faster 1,9
but you are still limited to 80 neighbors, 80 guild members and 140 friends
:rolleyes:

and imagine more players wanting the Titan GB leveling high --> more goods needed

so do we need more goods ? no. if you need more goods produce more on your own
do we need more plans? no. if you need more help more in 1,9
faster 1.9 ? get a better group (1.9 mustn't be done in the guild) if yours isn't fast enough

One big server would heal a lot of present problems of FOE
sounds more like you have problems not FoE

and I doubt one big server can handle a million or more players on one world

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Hypothetically if the servers were merged into continents, where would the EN server go? North America, Europe, Oceania or somewhere else? There is a reason it is known as the international server, after all.

Hypothetically if the servers were merged into continents, where would the EN server go? North America, Europe, Oceania or somewhere else? There is a reason it is known as the international server, after all.
Well, didnt know such server exists, no advertising of it at all.

Well, players should choose, where thay would like to go
but you are still limited to 80 neighbors, 80 guild members and 140 friends
:rolleyes:
come on, ofc it would be changed.
sounds more like you have problems not FoE
Problem with balance in GB happends becasue of lack of player on certain level.
and imagine more players wanting the Titan GB leveling high --> more goods needed

so do we need more goods ? no. if you need more goods produce more on your own
do we need more plans? no. if you need more help more in 1,9
faster 1.9 ? get a better group (1.9 mustn't be done in the guild) if yours isn't fast enough
More people want - more ppl sell...
and for example rare builing like notre dam. On m yserver it is hard to find 5 players doing it (just for fun) when we would have 10000x players? Easy to do.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Logically I think it'll be Europe, as it's kinda UK and although they left Europe they're still physically in the continent Europe. Also their time zone is UTC +/-0 which practically leaves it international. I think that's the most likely outcome. If I'm not mistaken there's a US server which would merge with N-America, I think.
From language barrier point of view AI is making leaps now. So, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that a year from now AI could run in the background translating foreign languages to native languages of the players. Although this is partly speculative I think it's not unrealistic.

Logically I think it'll be Europe, as it's kinda UK and although they left Europe they're still physically in the continent Europe. Also their time zone is UTC +/-0 which practically leaves it international. I think that's the most likely outcome. If I'm not mistaken there's a US server which would merge with N-America, I think.
From language barrier point of view AI is making leaps now. So, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that a year from now AI could run in the background translating foreign languages to native languages of the players. Although this is partly speculative I think it's not unrealistic.

EN server - thei were saying about international server. there is something like this. Not UK server.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
come on, ofc it would be changed.
If they wanted to change it, they could do so without server merges. Neighborhood/Friendlist sizes have *nothing* to do with the size of a world - rather it's a balance decision they made as to how many people we should be able to have contact with. More or less they exist to "shrink" our exposure to a world to a manageable size - there's no reason they'd increase in a larger world (worlds already vary wildly in size of active player population).

Status
Not open for further replies.