• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest building for negotiating in GBG, or buy extra turn in tavern for negotiating in GBG

kaluha

Merchant
Reason
I find the difference in difficulty between negotiating and fighting too great. I also need to pay a lot of the times diamonds just to be able to finish the gegotiation..
There is no possibility to win/buy a building that makes negotiation in the GBG easier, or buy an extra turn in the tavern.
Details
Army can be healed in time, I loose all the goods I need to negotiate. It takes much more time to negotiate than to fight.

I have to pay so many goods just to get 2 fightingpoints.

The ratio is too much. At one time I lost 150 goods just to win 2 points.
I also need to pay a lot of the times diamonds, because there is no option to buy another turn in the friends tavern.

And that is my greatest problem.
Balance
- a building to make it easier especially for members who want to play GBG by negotiation, or

- an option to buy an extra turn in the friends tavern.
Abuse Prevention
no
Summary
see text above
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes, did not see any
I recently started playing in the GBG by negotiation. I like that, but I find the difference in difficulty between negotiating and fighting too great.
Army can be healed in time, I loose all the goods I need to negotiate. It takes much more time to negotiate than to fight.
I have to pay so many goods just to get 2 fightingpoints.
The ratio is too much. At one time I lost 150 goods just to win 2 points.
I also need to pay a lot of the times diamonds, because there is no option to buy another turn in the friends tavern.
And that is my greatest problem.

The only prize I can win here, are prizes to increase fighting strengh.
My suggestion:
- a building to make it easier especially for members who want to play GBG by negotiation, or
- an option to buy an extra turn in the friends tavern.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Pretty sure that this is DNS because it makes the game easier. Regardless, when negotiating in GBG, the most difficult negotiations are 6-good negos. In GE, where tavern boosts are useful, the most difficult ones are 10-good negos. I've rarely negotiated in GBG and, except for ta few months following the release of GE Level 5, haven't negotiated GE since being in the Iron Age. But, based on my early experience, I think that success with a 10-good nego (using a tavern boost) is more difficult than success with a 6-good negotiation (without a tavern boost). Anyway, if INNO were to grant this request they would most likely increase the level of difficulty in GBG to compensate. My advice is to tackle GBG by fighting.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I could go for an extra turn when I can negotiate (when starting out and building my attack based percentages so I can fight) in GBg, but I tend to negotiate up to a point I am comfortable in losing goods (the way I see of it) for just 2 points each round; typically up to 3 goods each (as a beginner). By the time I built up some attack and have a good supply of rogues, I would be fighting up to what I can be allowed for my development alone. I would never negotiate for anything afterwards unless it's by settlement (Japan so far) or by event.

But, that's just me.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
A few options are possible. Like X% chance with Y attempts to reduce options by 1, accumulative. With an hard sealing for efficiency of the X% chance/tile. The Y attempts equal to the number of event buildings with that buff. While only affecting negotiations with 6 or more options. For example: 5 buildings with a chance of 3% to succeed. There will be 5 individual attempts with each an 3% chance to succeed. The probability 1 succeeds is a little over 14%. Rounded down to 14% for the effective chance the options getting reduced by 1 option, after the 1st turn during an negotiation of 6+ options.
The easiest way to see it is like having a number of dice. Each dice having their own % chance to reduce the negotiation’s options by 1. Each event building with the buff represents 1 dice with an X% chance to do so. Imagine rolling each dice individually after one another. Until either a dice succeeds or you’ve ran out of dice. When a dice succeeds 1 option gets removed. If you ran out of dice, the negotiation continues like normal.
Another option could be exactly like this but with an additional turn upon success, with neg. 5 options or more for example. Personally I think a minimum X number of options for the affected negotiations, alongside accumulative chances and a sealing for maximum % chance/tile efficiency, maintains balance. Much like the existing %:att_def_attacker_defender: for fighters. A case can be made that %:att_def_attacker_defender: makes the game easier and thus a negotiating buff to be necessary to maintain an equal balance between the play styles.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pretty sure that this is DNS because it makes the game easier.
Yeah but it’s quite equal to how %:att_def_attacker_defender: makes the game much easier for fighters. The critical hit, 1st strike and missile launch from GB’s making it vastly more easier. To maintain fair balance between fighting and negotiating at least some counterparts to those buffs should be introduced.
Though you’ll probably right. This idea/suggestion will probs getting quietly shut down and archived this week under DNSL. While overwhelmingly supported ideas for months continue to be ignored entirely.