• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Issue: Browser: Chat Bar layering bug

Troubleshooting
Yes....
For the past couple weeks the chat bar has been covering my space settlement entirely. I only have the room between the effects bar to see if the settlement is done or not - which means I have missed a bunch of settlement productions because I visually can't see if it's done or not. Another issue is the chat bar layers OVER the effects bar - so I have no clue what is going on when I try to expand it.

My monitor is 1920 pixels wide X 1080 pixels high, that is MORE THAN ENOUGH room for both the chat bar, the space settlement and the effects bar.

1701490229334.png

This is all the way to the top right of my screen. I actually can't pull my screen any higher/lower to be able to see my space settlement.

1701490445309.png

This is a magnified image of the little pixel window that I can see my settlement. The red (!) is not that easy to see through here.

Obviously there's no point in a picture of what it does to the effects tab because it goes behind the chat bar so you can't see it anyway. The effects bar should NOT layer behind the chat bar.

I like to use the chat bar and the effects bar, obviously "closing the chat bar" or "zooming in/out of your city" are not acceptable options. This is almost 2024 people, visual glitches like this should be fixed. We shouldn't need to sacrifice game functions like it's the 1990's. It didn't used to be like this, some recent change is responsible. It'd actually be really neat if we could move where these bars/icons were on our screen.

Browser or App
Browser
Browser or App version and version number
FF 120.0.1 (64-bit)
Recreation steps
Log into FOE on browser, game loads chat bar over the space settlement and the game loads the effects bar under the chat bar
Actual Behavior
Chat bar covers space settlement/effects bar
Expected Behavior
That the chat bar does NOT cover the space settlement and the effects bar layers OVER the chat bar
Frequency
Every time.
Urgency
minor but it's fuming annoying
Can this be reproduced?
Yes