• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Bring new forum instead of discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyfulrider

Squire
Discord for FOE size of community members are very vague. I actually thought of "move to trash" option in discord for many threads. It is going to be overloaded for sure.

Bring some new forum if moving out of this current forum concept.

Myself came across below link, in which Top level FOE people / CMs / other FOE fans can have a deep look,

Elestio > Flarum

joyfulrider

Squire
There is nothing wrong with the Forum software we use now for FoE, in beta or live. The current Forum software isn't a (or the) problem. It's capable and worthy of continuing to use.
We will continue running the forum as usual for the time being. While we don't exclude the possibility of transitioning to Discord in the future, it's not a step we would take without extensive analysis and preparation.
here "time being"...giving me worries.

Kronan

Viceroy
yes, it does, because it sounds like they're giving us a little time to grieve, and then they will discontinue it. But all I wanted to share is that it's not about the software used here as insufficient or incapable of doing the job. It works fine. I think Inno has made a decision to move away from this to a concept that can deliver a more modern vision of corporate communications to it's players.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes, it does, because it sounds like they're giving us a little time to grieve, and then they will discontinue it. But all I wanted to share is that it's not about the software used here as insufficient or incapable of doing the job. It works fine. I think Inno has made a decision to move away from this to a concept that can deliver a more modern vision of corporate communications to it's players.
You mean cheaper outsourced way, with "modern vision"? It wouldn't be bad if an account to read and acces the information was required. Like the case with discord at the moment. While with this platform such a requirement isn't present.

Kronan

Viceroy
@drakenridder - I don't personally use Discord now for any work or personal communications. I use Skype.

So I don't know the costs or know the reason why Inno chose that platform. Maybe people inside the company use it and it was a natural extension to create a corporate identity from that familiarity.

I do think however, that to play beta effectively to the goals of why I chose to be a beta player, I need to participate in discussions and feedback opportunities. If this forum goes away, then I will have to decide to play beta "in the dark" or decide to go to Discord to participate to the spirit of my initial goals for joining beta.

Yes, I could just continue my beta city and not participate in any feedback to, or from the company. That's kind of hollow - especially to being a software engineering professional. SO....

That doesn't sound very appealing to play beta that way, especially if the company is hinting or actually showing themselves as more interactive with their community on Discord.

@drakenridder - I don't personally use Discord now for any work or personal communications. I use Skype.

So I don't know the costs or know the reason why Inno chose that platform. Maybe people inside the company use it and it was a natural extension to create a corporate identity from that familiarity.

I do think however, that to play beta effectively to the goals of why I chose to be a beta player, I need to participate in discussions and feedback opportunities. If this forum goes away, then I will have to decide to play beta "in the dark" or decide to go to Discord to participate to the spirit of my initial goals for joining beta.

Yes, I could just continue my beta city and not participate in any feedback to, or from the company. That's kind of hollow - especially to being a software engineering professional. SO....

That doesn't sound very appealing to play beta that way, especially if the company is hinting or actually showing themselves as more interactive with their community on Discord.
You have an alternative.
If forum is shut down you can stop providing feedback while using a different channel to keep contact with the player comunity.

Personally I use discord, not the official Inno server on discord that is mostly garbage.

It would cause me to stop giving any feedback to the company. But I would prefer that that trying to give feedback on a tool that is not designed for the use Inno claims it will be used. Discord work well for chats.

I heard there was a lot of toilet talk about the QI feature when it hit live, yet did anything change...? I think they're just trying to limit player feedback down the line. Although I did see Juber did forward my suggestion just recently and it got implemented so that's great - for now !

Traveler64

Squire
The handful number of people that frequently post in this forum I know by name. Once this is gone it's just talking with thousands of people from various FoE servers on Discord that can have some quite wild suggestions for the game (like removing Trailside Smithy and now to remove Jesters). Reading through the plethora of channels on Discord and replying to some of them has already proven to be a major time drain, I have already uninstalled the app. Only keeping the account alive to access crucial information from PC such as rival quest lists when they go live.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The handful number of people that frequently post in these forums I know by name. Once these are gone it's just talking with thousands of people from various FoE servers on Discord that can have some quite wild suggestions for the game (like removing Trailside Smithy and now to remove Jesters). Reading through the plethora of channels on Discord and replying to some of them has already proven to be a major time drain, I have already uninstalled the app. Only keeping the account alive to access crucial information from PC such as rival quest lists when they go live.
I don't remember anyone saying to remove the trailside smithy, just removing it from being available as a daily special.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't remember anyone saying to remove the trailside smithy, just removing it from being available as a daily special.
Being available in a daily special, one year old building, why it was considered for removing. I know, keeping it in a daily special multiple times players can get those. That's the purpose of daily special. Let them have the multiple if they attempted for it. Why they raise a concern if players attempted to get multiple times. It is a players choice.

If anyone having problem of receiving any daily special reward multiple times, they should make the daily special concept itself to obtain only once. So that any daily special can be received only once. For all other daily special no one said anything, suddenly trailside smithey they asked to remove means, it is not to be accepted.

Because of this suggestion, daily special won't be seeing viceroy villa kit, sweet ginger bread house, skull cave etc. After one year later, chances to obtain is getting rejected for many players. Though, added it in silver league, still it won't reach the maximum crowd. Daily special is the right place.

Team did it in good intention and discord members screwed it up for many players in the game and calling it as balanced by removing it. Decision completely needs to be revoked and their intention will be praised all over the world. It is one of the interesting move in the game and some players ego or emotion spoiled it. This should not be happening like this.

joyfulrider

Squire
It's my big assumption that, 1% gold league players mostly has big diamond farms in live servers and they don't worry much to reach the gold league every event. With this, some building can be a available for event gold league players only.

Now this year beta they made adjustment after big discussion, kept in silver league after one year time passed. They initially put it in daily special. People here think that, daily special may be obtained very easily. No, it's under random reward obtaining logic. Lots of event currency need to be spend. It is well balanced already but some player claimed in discord and it got removed. The reason for removal is not making any sense.

No one asked anyone to reach gold league, it is player choice rite. Like wise, having the building present in daily special and players wish to obtain is also player choice which 100% of players can give their attempt. I don't understand why they remove it. It is like insulting other players you are not considered worthy to use that building even after one year. Is that so? That much villainous thoughts encouraged in the game. FOE team shouldn't do this.

If diamond collected from other worlds in same server gets blocked, everyone might have agreed to see that item in daily special. They are making themselves proud by keeping those farms in which they put lot of hardwork to collect massive diamonds. Even now, having it in DS, diamond farmers can still achieve it many times. They are only asking to remove it to reject the choice not to be available for other players and that decision got considered. This decision is really worst.

Kind request to FOE team to make their original intention to be stand open in live servers. It is good for all players in the game and it is not having any imbalance by keeping it in daily special.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Can you discuss the history event changes in the event thread, please.
I thought y'all dislike discord so much, because of missing structure..?!

As for the initial topic: This is not really up to discussion, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.