• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Bionics data tech

DeletedUser5637

not sure if it's a bug or not so posting it here just incase :)

k i find it strange and unfair that 1 of the 3 new techs for the good building use new resources

i mean to unlock

automation 290 machine parts and 120 semi conductors (both progessive and postmodern resources)

petrouleum industry 330 gasoline and 120 tin plates (both progessive resources)

and then bionics 400 genome Data and 100 plastics (post modern and Contempary age)

that's unfair to be honest i will be locked out of this tech the day it will hit the live server because new resources are Always very very hard to get at the beginning of a new Age , because people who make them are using them first them self and share them later on (i mean probally a week or 2 later on)

isn't it more fair that the plastic requirement gets changed to another type of good from a lower Age ? so people who don't make plastic are not hold back in there tech tree at the start of a new age

in all the age's before this new one it was Always a lower resource good needed to unlock them so i hope this is a misstake

schaditho

Merchant
I agree to you. In the past for all ages the research of the goods had to be done with ages of previous ages.
Please change that also for the contemporary era for the research of the bionics goods (that there are no plastic - or other goods of the contemporary era - needed to research it)!

DeletedUser2752

Considering it's been marked Not a Bug, I believe it was intended

DeletedUser5637

but why the change on only 1 tech and also it has happenend never before all the previous good techs were unlocked by using previus age goods

kinda harsh for people who need that tech to well either let them wait for a few days or let them spend diamonds

DeletedUser2752

bkinda harsh for people who need that tech to well either let them wait for a few days or let them spend diamonds
That's what I would assume what will happen as well, but I have been in times where one of my guilds would be stuck at one point on the newly released tech tree since no one knew/had an excess in a specific good.

DeletedUser

when do you need bionics ???

have you looked for that :rolleyes:
the last technology and one technology earlier

so there is no need to start producing it so early

other goods are needed much more
you need 510 gas but only 400 bionics

and without using that gas you can't even use the bionics

and you already can produce one other good if your second boosted good is bionics

but why the change on only 1 tech and also it has happenend never before all the previous good techs were unlocked by using previus age goods

kinda harsh for people who need that tech to well either let them wait for a few days or let them spend diamonds
in progressive era and earlier you where forced to wait for a few days where you must conquer the map before you even could produce any good with boost

here you can produce at least one good with boost

so previous ages before the modern era where worse than this situation :rolleyes:

and btw: "never before" is no argument against anything
because if it would there would never be a change of anything

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

when do you need bionics ???

have you looked for that :rolleyes:
the last technology and one technology earlier

so there is no need to start producing it so early
You do need to unlock the tech however in order to produce all CE military except missiles...

DeletedUser

You do need to unlock the tech however in order to produce all CE military except missiles...
in other ages you also need goods of that age to unlock military :p

but what does that have to do with the "problem/bug"
you need CE goods to unlock the production of other CE goods :confused:

or do you want to change it to
you need CE goods to unlock CE military ???

if at that place with that requirement would something else but not a good production building we wouldn't discuss here that it (and so everything after it) needs CE goods

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5637

in understand that you need CE goods to unlock militairy tech :) but it's a bit crazy that you need CE goods to unlock CE Good making buildings :S

DeletedUser2752

I understand that. Part of the problem I see is how soon it costs current goods to unlock a tech. If you're going straight for the military (and missiles seem useless to me in attack), you would need to gain those 100 goods (or about 1000 diamonds or maybe spending a lot of supplies/coins for the CE Pay quest) as soon as possible. This would put any player with a plastic boost at advantage in GvG/neighborhoods battles since I believe they will not have enough to let everyone who wants to unlock the military by the time everyone gets to that tech.
Of course, negotiating with other guild members may give you the same advantage mattering how fast you get to the tech (better start now ;)). Also, it may not be too expensive to use the CE Pay quest to get the goods, but don't know the amount I would need to spend, and how unlucky/lucky I get in getting those CE goods.

DeletedUser

so the same situation as in the postmodern era :rolleyes:
everybody with semiconductors as boosted goods had the advantage of reaching rocket artillery faster than the other
(and that is the only one you can research in a short time)

DeletedUser5637

but i don't care about the militairy :) if you wanna make it even let the miltary tech to unlock use CE goods but let the CE good building tech on a lower goof from previous ages , basicly people who aren't rushing for the miltairy are kinda screwed with this , kinda weird to be honest :S not every player plays warfare

Andi47

Overlord
I understand that. Part of the problem I see is how soon it costs current goods to unlock a tech. If you're going straight for the military (and missiles seem useless to me in attack), you would need to gain those 100 goods (or about 1000 diamonds or maybe spending a lot of supplies/coins for the CE Pay quest) as soon as possible. This would put any player with a plastic boost at advantage in GvG/neighborhoods battles since I believe they will not have enough to let everyone who wants to unlock the military by the time everyone gets to that tech.

exactly that's the points. Guilds with players having plastics available will rush to gain sectors in GvG, while small guilds (or such with little number of players, which have completely researched the PME) with bad luck (i.e. no plastics) will have to wait quite a long time (or pay 1000 diamonds) and thus might have no chance to gain a foothold in CE. Note: There will probably be no chance to trade for plastics in the neighborhood for several days, hence *everybody* who has plastics available will naturally use them for themselves first.

Of course, negotiating with other guild members may give you the same advantage mattering how fast you get to the tech (better start now ;)). Also, it may not be too expensive to use the CE Pay quest to get the goods, but don't know the amount I would need to spend, and how unlucky/lucky I get in getting those CE goods.

ermmm.... not the same advantage, as the lucky guildmates, hence they need to gather the 100 plastics for unlocking military tech themselves first before they have got enough for trading...

what do you mean with "CE pay quest"? Skipping all the quests in the optional quest line at the first day (and therefore aborting some of the nicer quests) to get this quest (and do it 100 times(!) to gather 100 plastics*))? No way. Never ever.

*) I don't know the reward for any CE quest, but as far as I know the PME pay quest (pay xx supplies and yy coins) rewards 5 random goods. So the statistical expectancy value for getting hold of 5 goods of a certain type is that on average you need to do this quest 5 times. Or in other words - to get hold of 100 goods of a certain type, on average you need to do this quest 100 times. That's *LOTS* of coins and supplies!

DeletedUser

you have forgotten the Chateau Frontenac ;)
having it on level 10 gives you 12 goods as reward instead of 5

DeletedUser2752

so the same situation as in the postmodern era :rolleyes:
everybody with semiconductors as boosted goods had the advantage of reaching rocket artillery faster than the other
(and that is the only one you can research in a short time)
It costs 80 semiconductors in a span of 88 FP to unlock the tech (I would make an argument that Rocket Artillery was useless, but it is still needed to get almost the rest of the military). Compare that to 100 plastics within 60 FP to unlock that tech.