• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Better overview of buildings in reconstruction mode

XIA*

Marquis
Reason
The current menu is cumbersome and with large cities it takes forever to sift through the buildings.
Details
* group buildings by size. 1x1, 2x2, 2x3 etc. Currently it is unclear based on what criteria the buidlings are ordered by in the reconstruction window.
* don't make the window jump back to page 1 when I selected a building in the middle. I can decide whether I want to go back and forth.
* instead of a vertical menu, a parallel menu on the bottom would fit more buildings and would be easier to pull them to the city map.
Balance
There is no impact on gameplay whatsoever.
Abuse Prevention
I don't see how this would open up space for abuse.
Summary
It would be beneficial for devs to rethink the construction menu, make it more user friendly for larger cities, allowing for grouping by size rather than randomness, allow for easier access through a parallel menu instead of a vertical one.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes
We need a better solution for the reconstruction window. It's tiny and it takes forever to browse through buildings. If I want to reorganize my city now, I have to sift through 29 pages and it also a problem that when you select a building to move back to the city, the window goes back to page 1 even if you were on page 17. A size overview of buildings would help.

reconstruction.jpg

my problem with the search is that I have way too many buildings and I don't remember the name of half of them. especially these small things we have been getting every event know. I don't think a search bar would be useful, but a filtering system would definitely be (filter by size, for example).
I also don't remember the names.
But while using the reconstruction mode search can be used to fix a building or group of building with similar name (or same name different era) to avoid the reset to first page.
And if you do remember the name of the building it save time from needing to scroll tens of page trying to guess which page has the building you need.

maybe: include storage as well, and when current buildings are replaced by stored buildings, use as many "store building" kits as needed to put current buildings in storage

also: allow adding as many new roads as you need/want, without requiring them to be already present in your city. ofc afterwards, you still have to pay for them :)