• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Better building collection approach for both devices

All Free Now

Marquis
Reason
Players collecting a building and there are multiple times they are collecting a building which they don't want to collect. It happens in both PC and Mobile. To avoid such thing, bringing a better overview of buildings to satisfy every players in the game. Also, many actions like self aid kits and mass aid kits usage also added for player to get benefits easily by using this one window as a better improvement.
Details
On Mobile App, clicking on player icon it displays three things like Profile, Ranking and Great Buildings. Here, adding a new option called buildings which is to display the player city buildings list.

On Browser, clicking on player icon, news tab, new building option is introduced to display the player city buildings windows.

By clicking on the building button or icon, new building window gets opened which lists the player city buildings one by one.
Please refer screenshots for better understanding.

In this buildings window, it displays building name, timer, aiding status, collect all button and individual collect option for each building.

It includes three filters, one for displaying motivated buildings and second one is for displaying great buildings to collect and third one to display ready to collect buildings.

It has one search bar to select a specific building by name.

It has two trigger buttons in the bottom for using self aid kits or mass self aid kits in this window which also displays the total available count of those items too.

In this window every buildings will be listed. Except roads, all buildings should be in listed in it.

Players can plan nicely how they want to collect from their desired building. No more trouble on miss clicked or miss touch other buildings.
Even if they do the same mistake in this approach, they will learn slowly to use it wisely and definitely repeating the same mistake will be stopped.

Why all the buildings to be listed here, it is because, it shows the timer of the building too which is essential for every buildings.
Cultural or Decoration buildings also gets timer when polished.
Goods, Residential and Military buildings are also have timer and few of it possibly get motivated and produce something to collect.

If players wants to collect only the great buildings, great building filter will be used and no other buildings will be displayed to collect.
If players wish to collect only from motivated buildings, they should click motivate filter only. With this filter selection, motivated and polished buildings appear in the list.
If players selecting the filter "collection ready", they get a chance to see all the buildings which are ready to collect (GBs and all other buildings available to collect). Only at this scenario in this new building window, collect all button in the bottom will be enabled or appear in this window to use by the player.
If no filters selected, it shows every building in it.
If any case using some filters doesn't have any buildings or nothing to collect,
"Buildings are not available to collect!!" message can be displayed.

Selecting two filters motivation and great buildings looks similar to the third filter, but it is not. Third filter can show any building which is available to collect in the player city, it doesn't bother about motivate or polished or aided or plundered. Each filter has it's own use-case.

Once the player clicks collect on any building, collect button gets disappeared and timer will be initiated for next collection period.
Similarly, once the timer gets completed, collect button appears to that respective buildings.
If some building has nothing to collect after timer ends, it can display three dashes like ' --- '. This might applicable to cultural / decoration and few great buildings too.

See, there are scenarios, where we have same buildings added in the city multiple times. In this window, everything will be listed one by one.
I know stacking can be thought but player should know each building timer, age, level and aiding status. If all are same, then stacking is completely possible.

Now two bottom trigger button actions are like, if a player wished to turn any building from unmotivated to motivated buildings, they can enable the trigger button to use it wisely which takes care of self aid kits and mass self aid kits action. In the case of mass aid kit trigger selection, all respective buildings will be aided automatically and until that action completes, this window can show some progress bar running below the window for QoL effect. If any one trigger is enabled, other trigger should be disabled until the active trigger button gets off. For self aid kits, player has to select non-golden star icon of the building row in this window to perform the self aid action. This has to be done one by one.

Clicking or touching the building icon displays the building tool-tip overview. Once this suggested window got opened and any player aided some buildings, change will be reflected automatically to that building even while window was opened. Real time updating is classic feature to bring it on.

There may be scenario like, unmotivated building is displayed in the window which ready to be collect and some player plunders it, now the player using this window should see the plundering icon instead of grey star icon and collect button is available to start the timer again on that building.

Let the development team can decide how to group same buildings type, right now one by one displaying in this window is very much clear to list all the sufficient information for the buildings.

Getting this implemented, Buildings collection won't be having any discomfort for any player.
Balance
It keeps balance
Abuse Prevention
No Abuse
Summary
Better design approach to collect from buildings has been planned. Using self aid kit or mass aid kits and collect all also available. Players can easily adapted to this single window on their daily routine and easily got rid of collecting wrong building without their intention.

I tried so much for stacking, but kept as one by one for now, since cannot dig too much without knowing how the stacking or grouping to perform. As long as with scroll bar or pagination design, listing one by one is also a good approach only. Some development team expert can take a look and plan something nicely for grouping the same buildings in the city. Till that getting this window will surely be good improvement for all players in every device.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not Suggested
Buildings option for Mobile and PC

profile_view_building_option_mobile_app.png profile_view_building_option_PC.png

Buildings details Window/Dialog

building_collection_view.png

This concept brings ease of access to what players mostly perform daily in the game and get rid of long time problems of miss collecting a building and other regular actions. Spending time to develop this is surely worthy because all the players get much benefits from it. Hope, someone from development takes this to deliver as part of improvement in the game.

joyfulrider

Marquis
After reading the lines, felt many questions in my mind but after seeing the screenshots, all questions gone.

I like this approach very much.

Una Queen

Squire
why would a player in the first place keep a building in their city that they dont want collected anyway?

Sl8yer

Emperor
All that just to prevent you from accidently collecting one building???

You got to love this: "Even if they do the same mistake in this approach, they will learn slowly to use it wisely and definitely repeating the same mistake will be stopped." In other words, this is so complicated that it might cost you more than making the one simple mistake. So what if you use it wrong, or forget to make changes? Contact Support to correct your mistakes?

The lenghth of your post just to explain is guarantee for this to go wrong.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
why would a player in the first place keep a building in their city that they dont want collected anyway?
It is not about don't want. Let say, you want to click only 5 buildings, but somehow you clicked 6 buildings. There is no prevention mechanism available in Mobile or PC. For PC players, they have tooltip overview before clicking and if they want to do it cautiously they can do it. But for them still, the same issue is applicable. For the mobile app players, even if they do cautiously also, no solution available. Building collection is the most important thing in the city for any player, so having better collection approach is always good.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
All that just to prevent you from accidently collecting one building???

You got to love this: "Even if they do the same mistake in this approach, they will learn slowly to use it wisely and definitely repeating the same mistake will be stopped." In other words, this is so complicated that it might cost you more than making the one simple mistake. So what if you use it wrong, or forget to make changes? Contact Support to correct your mistakes?

The lenghth of your post just to explain is guarantee for this to go wrong.
Mistakes can happen anywhere. Let say on Great buildings you want to contribute 100 forge points but you did 1000 forge points by mistake on neighbourhood player gb. What you do, contact support or try to become friend with that player or try to not repeat the same mistake.

Idea is too long doesn't make it bad, OP given every corner case well in this. Lot of big changes done by development team got removed including GvG, Event Hub, GbG attrition update and few interesting event mini-game designs too. There may be many like that. IMO, this idea is good for players.

By fixing the problem of accidentally collecting from a building, OP gave a cleaner approach for every player to collect and perform aid actions on the buildings. I loved the way, single window has everything a building needs for it's collection.

My bet is development team will also like this approach.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Clicking or touching the building icon displays the building tool-tip overview. Once this suggested window got opened and any player aided some buildings, change will be reflected automatically to that building even while window was opened. Real time updating is classic feature to bring it on.
This is the crucial part for the development team to address it, without getting lag and slowness if they delivering it means big achievement.

Rest of the changes are like a piece of cake for them.

Sl8yer

Emperor
Mistakes can happen anywhere. Let say on Great buildings you want to contribute 100 forge points but you did 1000 forge points by mistake on neighbourhood player gb. What you do, contact support or try to become friend with that player or try to not repeat the same mistake.

So you import mistakes to prevent mistakes. That might make sense to you, not to me.

My bet is development team will also like this approach.

My bet is they will not even read it.

It's an interesting idea but it has at least one problem. I have over 350 collectible buildings in my city. I don't know about other players but I'm not going to scroll (or page) through 350+ buildings every day looking for the 15 that I want to collect to use up Blue Galaxy charges before using the five diamond collect all. I also don't have a problem collecting unmotivated buildings. Mass Self Aid Kits prevent that.

I don't collect the stormspires I have in my cities. I have them for the attack bonus, not for their production.
Non collecting them reduce the number of aid I need... by a lot. And I'm not very interested in from stormspire's production. In beta I just removed them.

All Free Now

Marquis
It's an interesting idea but it has at least one problem. I have over 350 collectible buildings in my city. I don't know about other players but I'm not going to scroll (or page) through 350+ buildings every day looking for the 15 that I want to collect to use up Blue Galaxy charges before using the five diamond collect all. I also don't have a problem collecting unmotivated buildings. Mass Self Aid Kits prevent that.
Search bar can be used if not willing to do scroll or pagination. It's the same scenario like inventory with more items.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
With 15 different buildings you need to search 15 times. If he does not want to scroll what makes you think he wants to search 15 times?
Okay, like OP mentioned, from inventory what you will suggest to use 15 different items. Give your opinion to make improvement. Let see how good you are bringing the suggestion for it.

Actually, if this idea gets implemented, adding "mark favorite buildings" option makes the entire window suggested in the idea super useful in those kind of blue galaxy or other scenarios.

This idea has much flexibility and extensibility than what we have currently.

All Free Now

Marquis
Actually, if this idea gets implemented, adding "mark favorite buildings" option makes the entire window suggested in the idea super useful in those kind of blue galaxy or other scenarios.
To be honest I thought about it and not sure how to address the multiple same building player wants to select as favorites hence mentioned in the summary about stacking logic which development team discussion might help to improve this idea to next level.

Emberguard

Emperor

There could always be a "favorite" option added so those you want to collect are put at the top so then you're not scrolling through countless pages

I want a way to be able to designate buildings I want the BG effect on, that's pretty much the only use on this idea because my fat fingers keep clicking on **** thats not what I wanted to double collect on. I have to specifically design my city with NOTHING around the BG buildings just to prevent a misclick on some stupid tree or other bs.

I'm a fan of endless scrolling rather than pagination. Then I can see everything all at once and not have to remember that this building is on that page like I already have to do with my inventory on PC (yet not on mobile???)

Thunderdome

Emperor
Now, why on earth would I use a Mass Self Aid kit for just one building that I could have used a Self Aid kit on instead? That would be a waste of MSAs in my opinion.

On the serious side, there is nothing wrong with this idea other than the belly-aching I had been reading from the nay-sayers and Inno-minions (I could add a third part, but I will be clean on this one). I would like this idea because I got quite a collection going about in buildings that some of them I had to put away because they are no longer useful as a single producing building to me any more. It's much easier than trying to move around my city to find the building I wanted to collect from with my BG. Also, it can prevent me from mis clicking on a building that the mouse hover moves onto instead of the building I wanted and waste my BG charges on.

Now, why on earth would I use a Mass Self Aid kit for just one building that I could have used a Self Aid kit on instead? That would be a waste of MSAs in my opinion.

On the serious side, there is nothing wrong with this idea other than the belly-aching I had been reading from the nay-sayers and Inno-minions (I could add a third part, but I will be clean on this one). I would like this idea because I got quite a collection going about in buildings that some of them I had to put away because they are no longer useful as a single producing building to me any more. It's much easier than trying to move around my city to find the building I wanted to collect from with my BG. Also, it can prevent me from mis clicking on a building that the mouse hover moves onto instead of the building I wanted and waste my BG charges on.
I feel like this idea would be a great way to get rid of all of my single aid kits that I have in the thousands.