• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Beta questions

DeletedUser8489

The Boss told me this is where to inquire so I shall. :)
I'm bran'-spankin' new to the Beta area but have been playing for 6 months on one of the US servers. So, I have a few questions I would like to toss out as I come up to speed here:

1. Are there any major differences between the Beta and Live play? If so what are they?
  2. I read in one of the posts here on the forum that some/all of the testing is only available on the Desktop/PC format and not for mobile. How true is this and to what extent? I have both a PC and a mobile tablet and a friend of mine, that I want to come here also, has just a mobile. That is why I need to know the testing formats.
  3. Why don't I see the new "daily quest" feature? I assume it is out of testing here? Is there some sort of thresholds on it? Will I ever see it?
  4. What is the time zone for the Beta world? GMT +1?
  5. Anybody have a suggestion for a good guild? Medium sized, organized, into GE not GvG, fair trade, etc?? I joined one guild ... but they are all nuts and nobody seems to be running the 'funny farm'.
Thanks for any help you can give me! If I have any more 'newbie' questions I will post them here in this thread. (I know everybody hates 'newbie' questions! LOL)

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Marquis
  • Are there any major differences between the Beta and Live play? If so what are they?
  • I read in one of the posts here on the forum that some/all of the testing is only available on the Desktop/PC format and not for mobile. How true is this and to what extent? I have both a PC and a mobile tablet and a friend of mine, that I want to come here also, has just a mobile. That is why I need to know the testing formats.
  • Why don't I see the new "daily quest" feature? I assume it is out of testing here? Is there some sort of thresholds on it? Will I ever see it?
  • What is the time zone for the Beta world? GMT +1?
  • Anybody have a suggestion for a good guild? Medium sized, organized, into GE not GvG, fair trade, etc?? I joined one guild ... but they are all nuts and nobody seems to be running the 'funny farm'.
You obviously get to see new releases here on Beta before they hit the live servers, but game play is basically the same; just more bugs!
Many of the Events are only rolled out on the browser version of the game. However, more and more frequently, Events are also released on the app version albeit slightly later than the browser.
Daily Challenges have to be unlocked on the tech tree first; Iron Age - Militia.
London time zone
Try posting in the World Forum section. The Beta server tends to be significantly smaller than most live servers; so your ideal guild may be in short supply!