• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Best GB lvl200+

Which GB is the best to level up past lvl200

• CF (buffing quest goods, diamonds, coins/supplies)

• Arctic orangery (X% chance 50% extra damage)

• Seed vault (X% chance random reward/aid)

• AI core / Arc / Observatory (efficient guilds goods production)

Results are only viewable after voting.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
At some point you’ll hit a point where you have to find an fp-sink. Assuming you’ve hit this point and all your GB’s have hit the level you’re satisfied with. Which GB would you level to and beyond lvl200?

CF
Offers amazing potential for rapidly mass producing goods. When aging up offers huge potential for large quantities of extra 1-time diamonds.

AO
Aimed to lvl200+ to strengthen the military. Regardless of powercreep.

Seed vault (1 of @UBERhelp1 fav GB’s for its potential)
Aimed at semi-passive diamond “farming” alongside other resources.

Observatory/AI-core/Arc
Mainly aimed at lvl200+ for efficient guilds goods production. Arc’s potential for contribution bonus is maxed out at lvl180. So, in this scenario the aim is to sinking in fps for the extra 20 levels for more efficient guild goods production

Firehunt

Farmer
Hydra. but it depends on playstyle. RQ people would say CF. Fighters would say AO. Definitely not Arc. Hydra is the best all-rounder.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hydra. but it depends on playstyle. RQ people would say CF. Fighters would say AO. Definitely not Arc. Hydra is the best all-rounder.
The issue with hydra is that it’s also a massive goods sink and may only viable as an fp-sink in SA:T. Assuming a goods supply keeping up with the fps to be sinked into it. Thus it’s in default for the majority of ages not an viable fp-sink long term towards lvl200+

I think that it depends on the player's era. I'm in SAT and use SAJM Gliders to battle which makes my L127 AO useless. I have a high level CF and am taking it higher due to the goods-sink nature of the SAT GBs. My SV is at 92 and going higher. ARC already @ 180. So, for the time being, I'm focusing on CF and taking the SAT GBs to 80. If the next era has crappy troops (like SAT) and GBs that require goods I'll keep pushing CF higher. However, if the next era is more like the eras preceding SAT I'd probably start pushing AO up more.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
At some point you’ll hit a point where you have to find an fp-sink. Assuming you’ve hit this point and all your GB’s have hit the level you’re satisfied with. Which GB would you level to and beyond lvl200?

CF
Offers amazing potential for rapidly mass producing goods. When aging up offers huge potential for large quantities of extra 1-time diamonds.

AO

Observatory/AI-core/Arc
Mainly aimed at lvl200+ for efficient guilds goods production. Arc’s potential for contribution bonus is maxed out at lvl180. So, in this scenario the aim is to sinking in fps for the extra 20 levels for more efficient guild goods production
Per the SV - eventually it will cap out at a max %, and leveling it further makes no sense to do. Same with the AO, but that cap is much further.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Per the SV - eventually it will cap out at a max %, and leveling it further makes no sense to do. Same with the AO, but that cap is much further.
The main objective is hitting lvl200 and little over it. I sadly couldn’t find information of either level cap. AO in particular I couldn’t find information of the hard cap. As far information goes is till lvl216 and still signs of going up. With SV goes till lvl147 but no information past it. With very minimal progress (0,0X% up). I thought based off that information slightly past lvl200 those would still offer ever so slightly more

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
And why not to put in this list BG or HC.
As far I know both GB’s maximum potential is reached prior to lvl200. What I’m interested in are future-prove GB’s that provide improved on their benefits at least till lvl200. With future-prove I mean taking power creep in consideration. In short an GB that could make sense pushing little past lvl200 and could serve well as an fp-sink for years. Alcatraz for example could be such an GB. However with the removal of GvG there’s no real unit sink where a very high-lvl Alcatraz could be practical.

Kempo

Merchant
Yes, BG caps at level 158 at 15 attempts and 75%. HC caps at 10 attempts and 50%, which should be somewhere around level 180.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
AO is the only one I'd really consider for level 200+ anymore. 50% crit chance and still creeping up at 201. So who knows how far you could take it. It's certainly slowing down by that point, but not showing like it's anywhere close to stopping.

All other GBs that are continuing to scale fail the "unique benefit" test (i.e. whatever it is they provide you could get from somewhere else) and thus will be "not worth the cost" at some point, probably well before 200.

-Alin-

Emperor
Arctic Orangery 201+ for heavy fighters.
Chateau Frontenac 210+ for hoarders.
Third great building is the arc on level 180.

The others are either pretty or very useless and the others are meaningless past 121 or whatever people think they are worth levelling.

Nowadays you need only several great buildings, The Arc, Château Frontenac, Arctic Orangery, Blue Galaxy, Hydra, Zeus, Observatory and probably Himeji Castle and Alcatraz, now the last 2 really deppends on how much You are fighting and how many pyramids or other buildings to produce units you have in the city.
As extras are Centaurus and Pegasus, to get the most per square If You have the goods and forge points, but you'll do just fine with a lot of event buildings which are everywhere nowadays, also AI Core+ Atomium to help your elite guild.
And if You are UberNERD :p , you'll mostly want a seed vault too for its diamonds and goods from aiding.

But the other great buildings doesn't seem to be worth placing anymore, like CDM or Aachen, if you have them 100+ you might want to keep them, but beggining from now to play the game, zeus is the best fit being the smallest and cheaper to level.

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
Sv at lvl 170 is 23,22%, at 180 should be 23,62%, at 190 24,02% and top is 25% so it must be at level 225 aprox. 25% means 73.5 rewards in average with 294 players motivated, which means 0,73 x50 diamonds per day.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
With both CF and AO I feel like it's a case of: there is no known cap, if one exist it's yet to be discovered. An CF200+ could be an strong set-up for hydra however it's falling apart with the coins and the eventual curving effectiveness of more %:att_def_attacker_defender:. Which an AO200+ could assist with.
Personally I think AO has the best long-ish term benefits. While CF is more reliant on the potential of mass producing goods at an instance or much shortened period of time. While AO also compensates directly for the effort in daily 200+ fps. To smoothing out pushing for example CF in preparation to rapidly develop hydra. On the hydra I think the ST. Marco. could be a lukewarm strategical option. Maybe not to lvl200+ but somewhere around lvl80. To ensure sufficient coins supply when CF covers the goods and Arc the bulk of the fps.

In short I think it's more dependent on what you're aiming at. A more direct reinforced firepower offers AO a great fp-sink. Aiming at a super-long term team of fp-sinks Arc180+St. marco.80+CF200> + ultimately hydra 200 could be something to consider. Although under most and "normal" conditions not viable. Resulting in a presumed 540%:att_def_attacker_defender:+540:goods_guild: at an 4x4 space. Unsure how many years it'll take. Assuming an SA:T player with an arc180, CF100 and the means to quickly power level an ST.marco. to lvl80 starting to push for CF200> and than switching gears full on hydra200. I think it would be easily legendary if ever achieved.
I'll take the 50%+ critical hit chance first before I'll try to embark on that odyssey but could be an interesting experience

joyfulrider

Squire
Why AO in this list, other GBs are meant for collection but AO is for battles.
If you play FOE for years, chronologically getting a feel to make every necessary GB to 200+ level.
TA, CDM, HC, COA, AO, Kraken, Zeus, St.basil, Deal Castle - anyone can wish for pushing them to 200+
CF, SC, BG, FI, AM, VP, OBS, ARC - can push to 200+ if you are willing to get everything massive from the game.
After space age - All hail hy--- which is long painful contest.

Emberguard

Emperor
CF

I would say this is situation dependent on how long it took to Age up (on a diamond perspective)

Level 200 Chateau Frontenac is amazing, but we've already received Space Hub announcement that makes it sound like we'll only get one more age added, and then no more Ages. So it'll be incredibly valuable in Iron Age if you then Age up and start going through the Maps triggering all the diamond quests. But if you're already in Titan it's probably a moot point on whether you get it to 200 or some other level

If it's for goods then it'll depend on how much you really need those goods. Someone regularly selling goods would make good use of it. Someone donating to treasury would have use of it. Someone only using goods when quests require it won't need a level 200 chateau just for goods.

Observatory/AI-core/Arc

For this I'd put Observatory on top for Lvl 200 Treasury Goods producer. They all increase 2 goods per level no matter what, so lvl 200 Observatory would at least be increasing Blue Stats + be the cheapest treasury building

I wonder how much longer a person with lvl 200 Seed Vault would be playing to make use of that?

AO

Probably the most futureproof building to level on a military basis.

Emberguard

Emperor
Sv at lvl 170 is 23,22%, at 180 should be 23,62%, at 190 24,02% and top is 25% so it must be at level 225 aprox. 25% means 73.5 rewards in average with 294 players motivated, which means 0,73 x50 diamonds per day.

This would put Seed Vault at a cap of 13,323 Diamonds per year, assuming it caps on 25%

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This would put Seed Vault at a cap of 13,323 Diamonds per year, assuming it caps on 25%
well i mean you could make it higher than that by guild-hop aiding on a weekly basis. add in an extra 10k aid a week visiting all the autojoin guilds while moving back and forth between guild A and B. That would over double the diamonds per year.

Emberguard

Emperor
well i mean you could make it higher than that by guild-hop aiding on a weekly basis. add in an extra 10k aid a week visiting all the autojoin guilds while moving back and forth between guild A and B. That would over double the diamonds per year.

I hadn't even considered that possibility, but you're right. I should try that some time