• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Best age for Campers

Best age to camp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emberguard

Emperor
One thing with camping is you're going to restrict your ability to get new Expansions by the Age you stop in.

So even if the "best" Age to camp were a lower Age, you may not want to camp there due to the lack of space crippling your growth potential

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Any age can be best to camp. Just build the city with non plunderable special buildings and game play style preferred great buildings are enough for it.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
One thing with camping is you're going to restrict your ability to get new Expansions by the Age you stop in.

So even if the "best" Age to camp were a lower Age, you may not want to camp there due to the lack of space crippling your growth potential
Honestly, I’ve been camping in OF since somewhere 2019/2020. Due to powercreep I hardly have any reason to desire expending. Yet in relative terms my %:att_def_attacker: has seen an huge YoY increase. Over the course of 2023 a relative increase 70%:att_attacker: and 40%:def_attacker:. With the %:att_def_defender: it’s even steeper. It has increased 10x w/o expending. Just swapping old and inefficient event buildings. Expending has little to no significant impact at the stage I’ve found myself.
That been said. For certain it may change with enough spawner, if efficient event buildings. With my IA city it’s a different story. As I’m still preparing it to age rush towards CA. Taking advantage of cider gardens (whenever I get enough of them).

For a trader I would say SA:T is the best. As it’s offering most expansions. Also excess to SA:T goods. Which are probable the most desirable goods. Since SA:T GB’s are desirable due to their efficiency and requiring SA:T additional goods for each lvl past lvl10. Same goes with fps as the play style can be compliment each other well. Further reinforced with an high lvl CF. For heavy combat situations I’d say SA:T is the worse. FE and SA:AB are probably the superior fighting ages. Alternatively VF and SAJM offer potential. SAJM comes with the perk of occasionally gaining early excess to SA:T goods in an limited way through events.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The only low ages I'd still consider camping are Indy/PE because of higher-age units.

Maybe VF for a semi-high age to camp.

Otherwise I may want to pause at points - but not to the extent of camping. You should continue to plan to advance.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well HMA is fun with Trebuchets and no flying units.

VF is fun for GBG with Rocket Troops and no VF flying units.

Future is okay with Hover Tanks.

But I prefer to keep up to the latest age. Plus my A/D is high enough to fight GBG up to Attrition 100+ although I usually quit before then because it's so boring. Everything else I fight through no problem.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I’m personally camping for years in OF. As it’s the highest age w/o keen eye and a viable flying unit. VF I find rather rough. Due to the lack of any flying units and annoying ninjas. SA:AB is more like IA: just 1-2 viable units. One S-tier unit and one A-tier unit. Switching ranks depending on buffs. SA:JM was quite some fun for a space age. SA:T is just plain bad for combat. With the only redeemable part being the GB’s which have SA:T goods a lot of value.
Considering QI’s developments, the need to push forward for additional expansions gets lessend more. With extremely efficient event buildings as a catalyst. In the end we can replace so often and quickly less efficient event buildings of past events, that expanding to make room for more event buildings is not as advantageous as it used to be.
If there’s any space age I would camp at. It would be SA:AB or it would be SA:JM. SA:AB is the most simplistic in regards of combat. SA:JM most comparable to OF, which I liked the most. Having viable flying units, a useable artillery and strong ranged units.
Stone age is for Giga Chads, the others are just plebs or peasants.
Lol, how would you be able to?

If my goal would be to be successful in auto fight and I would want to get to AF at least, which one AF or higher would be the first age to camp for six months or so?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If my goal would be to be successful in auto fight and I would want to get to AF at least, which one AF or higher would be the first age to camp for six months or so?
Arctic future is a decent option. Using battle fortresses reactive armour. Making it possible to completely neglect any %:def_attacker::def_defender: and focusing mainly on %:att_attacker::att_defender: and levelling AO as far as possible. Preferably lvl201 for 50% critical hit chance. The only real threat however are plasma art. but might be possible to work around with dragon drones. Although more %:def_attacker::def_defender: would come in handy to deal with such armies.
Personally I'm camping out for years in OF. Using mainly turturrets and gliders. Rarely eels for higher attrition battles where I don't have any really good combinations. At lower attrition sub cruisers + rouges. Issue however is the need for such variety in your army.
So, might be better to press on to VF. Where rocket troopers and ronins are great. Beyond that I would go to SA:AB for long-term camping. As the only unit you really are nail storms and rouges. Making it the easiest age to stay in and being successful in auto-combat.

Personally I would opt for SA:AB + AO at lvl201. To optimise combat capabilities. Using mainly nail storms + rouges. Later ages require an more diverse army to answer various enemy combinations.

When I was building cities I camped in Iron Age (To get the basic fight and support GBs plus Arc when it came along to level 10. Then PE to take them to the start of the sweet spot and added the other fight GBs plus CF build up forward age goods to let me get from PE to FE fast. As the ages in between seemed pretty poor to me. I then parked long term in FE (between 6 months to a year) until I had enough of everything to complete the tech tree in the next 2 Eras. Added the other GBs I wanted and got them all up to at lease 60 and Arc to 80. Once SC came along I added it and took it to the start of the sweet spot ready for levelling it to get a start onthe Special goods. But The game has changed so much that camping in Iron Age is no longer needed. I did recently start an Iron Age city to see how it would go and the game hands you so much to help through events and all the other stuff it is way to easy in the early ages now. I ended up in PE in a month with no diffuculty and with out spending diamonds. I will camp in PE until I am ready to get to FE pretty quickly.

I see people still hold a strong view about camping in FE years later. Looks like the best age FoE has made!
The reason is that in FE you get Hovers to fight with. 2 Hovers and 6 rogues will take you through anything you face even before your stats are very high. Once you have your A/D on up there they are lethal. So it makes good sense to sit and build up to be really strong. If you do that you can fight with Hover all the way to SAM.

Traveler64

Squire
The reason is that in FE you get Hovers to fight with. 2 Hovers and 6 rogues will take you through anything you face even before your stats are very high. Once you have your A/D on up there they are lethal. So it makes good sense to sit and build up to be really strong. If you do that you can fight with Hover all the way to SAM.
Now imagine the impact of having these in InA!