• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Automatically abort recurring quests setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Reason
For those who do a reasonable amount of RQs, mainly the FPs ones, it's very tedious to abort 10+ quests (in later ages) to get the FP ones again.
Details
Similarly how there is a setting for the daily quest reset time, I would imagine a similar panel, but for the RQs. Here the game lists the quests (possibly their names?...), next to them there is a checkbox, and if it is checked, it means the game will give that quest to the player, otherwise it won't, it will abort the unticked ones automatically (and as stated above, it will still be included in the 2000 limit).
Balance
Everyone would have access to this setting, therefore it would be balanced.
Abuse Prevention
Everyone would have access to this setting, and it would only decrease the time for doing RQs, no other "side effects", and the 2000 limit is still applied.
Summary
Overall, it would be a win-win for both players and the servers. Less tedious task for doing RQs and less communication between the servers and clients.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I've looked, found some similar ones, but they are very old, created way before the 2000 limit, which is a key factor in making this feature not being abusable.
Visual Aids
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/QyM24VX.png[/IMG]
Provide a setting for players where they can select what recurring quests (RQ) they want to keep, the others are automatically aborted by the game, so they are still included in the 2000 aborting quest limit.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
after thinking a little bit longer about it I see a big problem with the abort number

let's say I am doing 3 quests (the age has a total of 15, so 12 would be skipped)
spend 150 FP, spend 200 FP, collect something quest

now I have spend 200+ FP
then I finish the first spend FP --> 12 quests skipped
finish the other spend FP --> another 12 quests skipped
the collect quest is finished with quest reward --> 12 more quests skipped
makes a total of 36 skipped quests where I would only skip 12 currently

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I have seen this and similar ideas before. Some of them might have been on the germen forums though. That was before they introduced the Quest abortion limit...

ArklurBeta

Baronet
after thinking a little bit longer about it I see a big problem with the abort number

let's say I am doing 3 quests (the age has a total of 15, so 12 would be skipped)

now I have spend 200+ FP

That's actually a great observation....I guess if a "complete all quests" button is included, it would solve the issue, but...feels a bit "workaround"-ish. I'll sleep on this one, thanks for bringing it up.

punita

Squire

now I have spend 200+ FP
If I understand correctly what you are saying, then I have a solution

If there are 10 quests named a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j but you do 3 quest named b,f,i
then when you finish quest"b", the game in the backend starts quest c but aborts it immediately and it goes on
and when quest f comes, the game will not abort it, instead, the player will complete it and the cycle continues

Arya66

Squire
So, how long before people would whine to Inno (or blame them) that they (the player) "accidently" got rid of a RC, or did not do it at all?

Rosiemarrie

Steward
I vote no. It would be a dream for a lot of players, but also a dream for those who cheat with bots. That was the reason for the 2000 abort limit on RQ and it would be great for them if you could just cycle the ones they want.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I vote no. It would be a dream for a lot of players, but also a dream for those who cheat with bots. That was the reason for the 2000 abort limit on RQ and it would be great for them if you could just cycle the ones they want.
I disagree, because in fact for a bot it doesn't matter at all how much clicks needs to be done, you just need to setup / configure the bot once, then just press "play". Only legit players benefit from it really, bor botters...not much difference. And as for the 2000 limit, as I said, the automatically aborted quests are included in the limit, so the difference between a legit and bot player who put the effort to do RQs is going to be the same.

Or, in other words, it would be 2x better for botters but 50x better for legit players.

Last edited:
But inno would be doing the bots work, you wouldn't need it anymore.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager

now I have spend 200+ FP
I personally like it, especially considering this point. This would add a disadvantage to using it. If you only do a handful of quests every day, this feature will be a major help. However, it is not the most optimal way doing it.
This is similar to when the aid button was introduced: It randomly selected a building to aid. This made aiding way easier, however it made it still worth it to manual aid, because then you could select the building you wanted to aid.
So if it would get implemented like this, you would still need to click through the quests, if you wanted to get most out of the quests.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
As polls are not compatible with this new idea software, those who wish to cast their votes may do so using the options at the right of the first post. The upper arrow adds a vote (+1), and the lower one downvotes (-1).

Status
Not open for further replies.