• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Attacking 8 Long range units.

DeletedUser1526

I am in an pretty bad war with a couple of peers in my neighborhood.
I have the last days had great success with nuking them by using 8 Trebuchet against random defense stuff, without loosing any units.
However today they had upgraded their defense to 8 Trebuchet too, making it a battle I forfeited from.

Anyone has a good tips how to break through 8 Trebuchet with out loosing to much?

DeletedUser

of course berserker or knights ;)

but if u don't have enough space , u can also use 8 trebuchets. with good strategy u loose 2,5 trebuchtets.

DeletedUser

of course berserker or knights ;)

but if u don't have enough space , u can also use 8 trebuchets. with good strategy u loose 2,5 trebuchtets.

Never ever build knights, with the current combat system they are a waste of space and a trap. There's is a trick though when fighting 8 trebuchets and it has to do with how the AI priorities your units. When you get longbows trebuchets becomes manageable to kill without sustaining too heavy losses.

If you don't have longbows. 8 Greatswords will fight off 8 Trebuchets reliably without heavy losses but they are LMA units (not too far from Trebs though). If you don't have access to Greatswords yet and are forced to use HMA units you need to be a tad more tricky but don't ever use knights. I haven't had enough experience with HMA units fighting trebuchets but I think the archer (crossbowmen for HMA) trick with catapult support could work here at least it does in the LMA, Regardless you will have casualties.

Ultimately long range units unfortunately reigns supreme until more balancing is done to the current combat system and they really don't have an cost effective counter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

of course knights are bad in normal fights ;) But only to fight against 8 trebuchets, it would be okay, but not worth to build them.

So I would use 8 trebuchtes, because I only built one berserker barrack and no stables. Don't use crossbows or Longbows, because u will loose more than 2,5 units.

(one thing about knights: I used heavy knights to defeat field guns, that's the only good use for them ;) )

DeletedUser2752

Have you never tried the follow-the-pretty-pony-technique? Of course knights are useful!

DeletedUser

Have you never tried the follow-the-pretty-pony-technique? Of course knights are useful!

Uhh we are talking about long range here, stay on topic please. Do the trebuchets follow your knights across the battlefield? No they don't. They just kill them with 3-4 shots.

1st round: Cavs advance
2nd round: Trebs fire 2 knights die
3rd round: Cavs kill 3 trebs if you are lucky with terrain
4th round: Trebs fire 2 knights die

conclusion: Attack with 8 long range yourself instead or use greatswords or trebs/longbows so you can trick the AI.

DeletedUser2752

Sorry, my bad, but still (8) knights (aginst 8 trebs) can be useful:
1st turn: move forward
Part two: lose 2 knights +damage to another knight
2nd turn: hit 6 trebs
Part two: lost the damaged knight, and maybe another knight
the rest: winning!
Yes you are right about the great sword warriors, (but it's further down the tech tree