• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Apply highlighter mark to attached units instead of unattached units

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Reason
Mostly 90% of units are displayed with highlight marker in the army window when the setting is enabled. If players using the setting, let the mark apply on attached units which will be 10% only (even 10% is huge). Looks like setting description needs to change as well by pointing it to attached units.
Details
Instead of highlight marker on unattached units, attached units to get the highlight marker. UI load will be reduced slightly too by making this change. Setting should be mentioned with attached units instead of unattached units.
Balance
It keeps balance!!
Abuse Prevention
No abuse!!
Summary
Players who opted for highlight marker, only change from current behaviour is attached unit get the marker instead of unattached units. Setting text and logic slight adjustment benefits army window look and feel very much.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not found this in search results
Currently unattached units have the indication to differentiate from attached unit. Attached units will be less for every players after playing the game for few months itself.

So making the attached units getting marker, will benefit many things,

- UI load will be reduced slightly
- Finding needle(attached unit) in the haystack(crowd of unattached unit) will be avoided
- Highlight indication directly gives a reference like units got attached
- Scrolling or Each time opening army window less load to give the indication mark.
- Player with 100 attached units also doesn't need to worry since unattached units will be crossing 10k+, it will be wise to make the highlight marker given to attached units instead of unattached units.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

nice2haveu

Baronet
On mobile, after stacked units logic, forced myself to enable the highlighter. As mentioned, if the highlighter applied only to manually recruited from city military buildings, it will be benefit for every players.

joyfulrider

Squire
Felt these after stacked units logic. Count and indicator displaying together are ugly to see in the army management window for me.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The previous idea was rejected. You need to copy this one to the feedback thread.
Why? It's not related to stacked units alone, it's a generic proposal in the army units screen. Feedback thread stated as "Unit stacking is there", if they mentioned as "Army Window Update", then I could have added to the feedback.
Proposed Idea is a very simple change,
Config to be modified as "Highlighting the attached units" - active or inactive.
So the Army screen will have highlight marker in the attached units instead of unattached unit when activated.
For players, not using stacked units feature, this proposal help on look and feel mainly (and also slightly improve performance while loading army screen).

Last edited:

Beta567

Baronet
Why? It's not related to stacked units alone, it's a generic proposal in the army units screen. Feedback thread stated as "Unit stacking is there", if they mentioned as "Army Window Update", then I could have added to the feedback.
My guess if they are going to change anything after feedback they might work on this one as well. Plus it is related to current stackable change.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
My guess if they are going to change anything after feedback they might work on this one as well. Plus it is related to current stackable change.
I was still editing my response :rolleyes:. It is not related to stacking units only. For users who didn't enable also, it suits well.

Status
Not open for further replies.