• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion anyone else just sticking around to see if INNO will create someting that feels like gvg ?

I didnt play GvG and I will not play the QI. I have a life besides FoE and will not dedecate it to someone but my family and friends... This is just to time consuming. I dont like GG where you are almost forced to get in every 4 hrs in order to change locked sectors. Game should be fun and not profession

It is impossible for MTG to develop a real time war element remotely similar to GvG in this or any other game. They would need to try to attract a real experienced Game designe/develomment team. And that would COST money. Even their idea for Guild Raids had to be dumped in favor of IQ. Which is a reskinned version of a bolt on that is used in other games. Their aim is to turn this into a cash cow that entails little to no expenditure on their part.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Your best hope is for future GBG changes to bring it closer to what you want. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you ;)

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
personaly i'm just sticking around to see if gvg will get a real replacement
anyone else doing like me ?
I do miss the real-time head to head battling for a sector. Yes, you sometimes get it in battlegrounds, but not like it was in GvG. For guilds that did participate in GvG, it brought a lot of us together every evening, often in discord, TeamSpeak, or Skype. We would battle, but then we would also linger to chat, raise buildings, and teach newer players how to do new things in the game. It's not the same anymore. I do miss it.

forwandert

Farmer
It is impossible for MTG to develop a real time war element remotely similar to GvG in this or any other game. They would need to try to attract a real experienced Game designe/develomment team. And that would COST money. Even their idea for Guild Raids had to be dumped in favor of IQ. Which is a reskinned version of a bolt on that is used in other games. Their aim is to turn this into a cash cow that entails little to no expenditure on their part.

Inno have had real-time Attack/def war elements in games for longer than FOE has been out and on much larger scales than gvg, with a lot more strategies involved in the head to head battles.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Check out Uber's April 1st video about changes in GBG. It's an April Fools joke, but he really did present some interesting changes. I hope Inno considers some of them.
Unironically I felt if it were to be implemented, it would feel like GvG2.0. Combining the best of GvG and GbG together. If anything when they're gonna use the %:att_def_defender_gbg: that they'll use it highly similarly to this. Implementing the %:att_def_defender_gbg: like GE is imo lazy and would constrain guilds much more. Although the hard minimum of 2.000%:att_def_defender_gbg: default would be bad. Letting it depend on guild level like GvG's support pool would be probably the best.

Inno have had real-time Attack/def war elements in games for longer than FOE has been out and on much larger scales than gvg, with a lot more strategies involved in the head to head battles.
Yes, But it is no longer INNOgames. Could you tell us which of these games in any of the companies MTG now own which are actively being developed and promoted, with real time A/D and a strategy to match?

I never played GVG, but this looks like something I would really like. I have enough troops from all ages (IA up to CA) to do it if this allow different provinces for different era troops like the GVG did.

personaly i'm just sticking around to see if gvg will get a real replacement
anyone else doing like me ?
If you read the announcement of Matt, the Product Head of Inno, you will read nothing about any GvG replacement. QI is the last major addition to the game and it still needs polishing. Add in their ambition to create GE6-10, make new events, new incursions and they have their hands full.

QI / Guild Raids was a loooong time in development. Even if the boss of Inno would say today "Let's make a good replacement of GvG" it would still take at least a year before everything from conceptualising, coding, artwork, etc. is done. Especially something like a GvG replacement, which looks harder to pull off than QI.

So you might have to stick around for years.

Personally I don't think it will come back. Inno doesn't seem interested in it anymore.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think it will come back. Inno doesn't seem interested in it anymore.
It seems to me that the actual game called Forge of Empires has been scrapped and the bones turned into a platform for quick buck mini games. None of which has any bearing at all to the original game. Neither are they designed to be games able to stand on their own. But they are able to draw in cash.