• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Any point to defending your city?

DeletedUser10039

Do you have always the same neighborhood ? Are you always one of the 5 chosen players to be attacked ? It seems strange to me. Especially since you say you have a strong defence. From my experience, players who are always plundered are the one with little defense and who don't collect on time.

In my world VF only has 2 hoods. The enemy guild has about 8 players in VF so i get an average of 4 enemy in my hood each week. They are determined to destroy our guild so they make it a goal in life to hit us at every opportunity physically in battles and verbally in chat. 1 will scout the other 3 then attack all at same time. ( I can defend against anyone, unless they use the perfect combination. Even then they still need luck with Kraken and AO crits)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10039

If you are being abused by other players then they are breaking the rules. Report them to Inno and they will be dealt with.

Most players from the top guilds have regular for years to no avail (we did get one a 24 hour ban for verbal language on their profile ) but the rest of it INNO have not taken action on.

We get the " we will investigate and take action" reply each time. I am aware that they might not catch the push account as he uses a mobile for one account and a PC for his main account. But the fact a low level players adds 10000's of FP's to his GB's should ring alarm bells. And if they looked at the owner of the original account they will see it used to belong to his brother (who we know in real life stopped playing the game years ago). I thought there was a thing called a mobile phone tracker thingy that lets you see the location of where the mobile phone is being used from (but maybe i just read false news on that).

Inno's response it to place them on ignore. I must remember that one the next time someone is in court for cyber bullying (a criminal offence) and the defence lawyers just says well they didn't need to read the messages. Case closed.

They also create more alts and keep at it, so it never ever stops. Defending my city was my last stand against these horrible players and Virgo will remove that option now. (I've just been in more mails and global trash talk as I was typing this just to prove it is constantly happening) :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardena

Squire
In my world VF only has 2 hoods. The enemy guild has about 8 players in VF so i get an average of 4 enemy in my hood each week. They are determined to destroy our guild so they make it a goal in life to hit us at every opportunity physically in battles and verbally in chat. 1 will scout the other 3 then attack all at same time. ( I can defend against anyone, unless they use the perfect combination.)

So they can plunder on average 3 buildings.

But what can they plunder that really would be a problem in VF? Yes, it is not nice to have one's palace or so plundered, but does that really change anything significally?

And what would be changed with the new GB? I do not see any real change because of that.

Tear down your defence and build something that give you a benefit to your play. You can probably put up more that 4 buildings in that place.

And put those players on ignore

DeletedUser10039

But what can they plunder that really would be a problem in VF? Yes, it is not nice to have one's palace or so plundered, but does that really change anything significally?

It was for a moral victory in the only aspect of the game I still had some control over.

Who rise all the defensive GBs is much harder to defeat than those who miss one and fill the gap using watchfires and related; active and passive defense have a different weight, like active and passive attack. If you choose to go for a defensive city then deal castle must be built, otherwise better you save fp and go for other playing styles. Also any balance between attack and defence GBs takes into account all of them... However in the end in high ages usually plunders are really rare hence the city defense is almost useless, any loss is risible if you have arc, chateau and other main gbs high enough.
Well, I was hoping to boost my Basil and Terra with 1.9 boost eventually and get them really high as a way to compensate for not having Deal.. However.......
Then it comes back to your second point and it is something that I've been thinking about much lately. The fact is, I am very rarely attacked.. And not everyone are plundering even then... So it does make the defense kind of useless.... I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but since I've already invested much in my city defense, it feels like a shame to make it go to waste, so I've just continued building on it... But at this point I've kinda stopped now, cause I don't know if it's worth it anymore. Also, it is not so much about being afraid of getting plundered as it is to receive the satisfaction that those players didn't get through your defense.. Either way, at this point I am at a crossroad..deliberating what to do.

Emberguard

Emperor
If it's not doing anything then not much point in investing more in the defence GBs even if you keep them other then as a trophy. If you have Observatories in the guild chances are you'd be maxed out in the guild pool without the defence GBs.

Now if Defence GBs (outside observatory) had a greater effect on GvG or aspects in general outside the city....

SirSmithy

Squire
I like to defend (not to prevent plundering) but to get one over on the hood bullies who got their attack GB's pushed to extreme high levels (which INNO are not able to see the obvious ones that have done this). The only way we can beat these bullies is by having a strong defence. This has now gone out the window if the Virgo remains as it is.

I might as well have a welcome mat with: " cheaters help yourself to walk into my city at your leisure".
Do you recognize, that you are bullying now people, who are using an in-game mechanism?
Try to make them friends and be kind with them, so they will soon stop plundering.
Another side note, if you take every single event in the game personal, you’ll lose the fun from the game.

Centurion02

Farmer
Anyone who protects this Virgo Project doesn't understand what it is all about.
This building, which we intended to protect our city, is ruined by our many years of work.
That's why we bother us. Do not use it against neighbors and then solve the problem. With this building, the strategy of many defensive players was destroyed.
It is not that you can collect production in time. Because 100 fp is the max that you can take at the same time to spend a lot of time, and it will be time for the neighbor to loot the city.
The Shield is not a solution either, because there is often a mission that asks you to activate 3 bonuses or spend 3,000 silver. And in this case, you need to activate the bonus 2 for 50 diamonds to complete the adventure. And not everyone has a lot of silver to always be able to finance the 27,000 silver protection.

DeletedUser8707

Oh I understand and totally with you on that, I'm just pointing out the 100 FP limit can be bypassed on desktop.
WHAT, I never used "mass collection" on LIVE if that collect all and dump 600 FPs to FP bar.... COOL, I must try it, still I lose some recurrings but if busy then its dream option to have!!!!

DeletedUser9410

WHAT, I never used "mass collection" on LIVE if that collect all and dump 600 FPs to FP bar.... COOL, I must try it, still I lose some recurrings but if busy then its dream option to have!!!!

If you are in a hurry it is a dream option, it also gives you a little pop up, asking what new production timer you wish to select.
But take note, if you already have 100fp in your bar it will Only collect non fp producing buildings.
So if you have 600 you will need to spend 501 ( leaving 99, as Emberguard pointed out ) Before auto collecting

DeletedUser9801

I hope Virgo will not apply for attacking other players cities. Otherwise I will delete my Saint Basilica and Deal castle together with all ritual flames. They can't do this to us. This is not fair, we will be continuous plunder by the same players.

Thunderdome

Emperor
For me, I usually watch them "limp" back as their units are taken out (either those that were produced or unattached ones that they have to spend diamonds to get back, play an event or GE to replenish, or just have a 'Traz in their city). For them to get reinforcements, it's a win in my book (since defenders do not lose any units or HP).

I've had watched a few battles where they just retreat on the first move; retreat on when their units sustain heavy damage; and take it all the way in a "Last Unit Standing" match where either they win with a slither of life left on their last unit or just outright lose their entire sending army.

However, majority of my city I collect on a daily basis (when I can). When I am at work, I pretty much don't really care as it's always part of the game if someone plunders a building.

DeletedUser10044

hello, I still thank the staff very much, because it's nice to feel considered and I appreciate a lot, I like all the ideas proposed by the players above me, all intelligent and balanced, I like everything they propose, I thought also, having 3 GB of defense and 4 of offense to create the virgo as a fourth defensive GB to equalize and strengthen the defense of the city, since it is more difficult to defend than to attack, (if possible) Virgo in defense, having the chance, but unlimited, to steal half an army from those who attack you, similar to kraken but for defense multiplied by 4, and leave the current bonus, but 100% chance to increase only offensive, but ONLY for shipments and for gvg and NOT for neighbors, NOT PVP short as kraken, but for defense, since your city passively defended not use kraken, best regards

Cardena

Squire
hello, I still thank the staff very much, because it's nice to feel considered and I appreciate a lot, I like all the ideas proposed by the players above me, all intelligent and balanced, I like everything they propose, I thought also, having 3 GB of defense and 4 of offense to create the virgo as a fourth defensive GB to equalize and strengthen the defense of the city, since it is more difficult to defend than to attack, (if possible) Virgo in defense, having the chance, but unlimited, to steal half an army from those who attack you, similar to kraken but for defense multiplied by 4, and leave the current bonus, but 100% chance to increase only offensive, but ONLY for shipments and for gvg and NOT for neighbors, NOT PVP short as kraken, but for defense, since your city passively defended not use kraken, best regards

There would be almost no PvP anymore if your proposal would go live. Loose half the army by attack? Unlimited chances? A bit too good, would it not be?