• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Any point to defending your city?

DeletedUser9826

With the introduction of Virgo Project, when I read some of the forum posts, I find I am asking the question that many others are asking: Is there any point or benefit to defending your city?

I thought I was alone in even wondering this, but talking with others it appears the unthinkable may be a good idea, which is to say the hell with it when it comes to defending your city. Use timely collection to prevent plundering, work toward relying more on buildings that can not be plundered and delete buildings that only provided defense. Have one lone unit in your defending army.

What is the benefit of building a strong defense for your city? I am finding that I’m asking that question more often. Even if you build a strong enough defense I can defeat 90% of your neighborhood, it only takes a few plunders to wipe out a days production. Even when you successfully defend your city, you don’t get anything. No battle points, no Prestige points, just a worthless achievement.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Some players will attack their entire hood because they are confident they will probably win the battles but others will have a look at the cities and check the Defensive GB and buildings. If they feel, the defense is too strong, they won't try.
So, yes, for me it is worth defending your city, although I rely more on collecting on time ;).
I also accept this is part of the game, and that being plundered only means losing a bit of time.
And to keep looking at the half full glass, I would not say that defending successfully my city is a worthless achievement, because I really like seeing a green thumb in my event history :D (although I did little besides choosing the units)

Emberguard

Emperor
I thought I was alone in even wondering this, but talking with others it appears the unthinkable may be a good idea, which is to say the hell with it when it comes to defending your city
Right now without the Virgo existing everything I've seen indicates you lose more from focusing on defence then if you just use the same space to give plunderers stuff as anytime they don't plunder you get to collect from that space

I switched to an all rogue army since halfway through the carnival event on one of my cities to see what would happen and only been plundered once or twice since then

Reason I tried it is I realised even when my stuff are out for 48 hrs it's rare for my stuff to be touched on any of my worlds. The greatest defence [at the moment] is in either being at the top of the hood or befriending/amusing the plunderer in a message (kindness goes a long way. You don't even have to ask them to stop plundering for it to stop them from plundering). Beyond that you can change production times to smaller amounts (so less is taken), put more stuff out then the hood could possibly take (custom or multiple sets are great for this), use buildings that can't be plundered (motivated, GBs, All Ages) or time the collections closest to when you'll be online to collect.

DeletedUser9410

I understand the latest feelings of "is it worth having these big defense Gb;s etc now that Virgo is around" I have wondered the same myself.
But after a bit of a think and reading the forums iv realized that a lot of players don't like it as it is and many possibly wont build it.
Also if you remove your defense you lay yourself open to attack and plunder from many more players who normally would not be much of a threat.
So my thought is to keep playing as i have been and of course the best defense against plunder, is an empty city.

DeletedUser10039

I like to defend (not to prevent plundering) but to get one over on the hood bullies who got their attack GB's pushed to extreme high levels (which INNO are not able to see the obvious ones that have done this). The only way we can beat these bullies is by having a strong defence. This has now gone out the window if the Virgo remains as it is.

I might as well have a welcome mat with: " cheaters help yourself to walk into my city at your leisure".

Praeceptor

Marquis
I like to defend (not to prevent plundering) but to get one over on the hood bullies who got their attack GB's pushed to extreme high levels (which INNO are not able to see the obvious ones that have done this). The only way we can beat these bullies is by having a strong defence. This has now gone out the window if the Virgo remains as it is.

I might as well have a welcome mat with: " cheaters help yourself to walk into my city at your leisure".

For goodness sake!!!!

These players aren't bullies or cheats - they're just strong. Fighting and plundering are part of the game and if you don't like it, make sure you don't leave stuff lying around.

If losing a few fps or goods hurts you so much you've either...

1. Levelled up you age too quickly or...
2. You're far too sensitive a soul to be playing a game like this.

I am one of those who invested in their city defense.. I have basil and terra (not deal, cause it's just way too big), WF and RF.. I am not concerned by Virgo at all. Why? Because first of all it's so expensive to level up and the bonus is so small (66.14% x5 at level 50). It only gives you so few chances and it's not even guaranteed. I actually do not think a lot of people in my world are going to build this...

I am more concerned about the fact that player have boosted their attack GBs so much that my current defense just don't matter... I try swap around my defense units and sometimes I get lucky... But honestly, if a player has CdM, Zeus, Aachen and now Terra too (plus all event buildings that boost your attack) at level 50+, my defense is just irrelevant. I think that hurts more than this Virgo GB...

Also I think that those players who have these kind of attack stats, will probably also not go for Virgo cause they probably will win with their current GBs anyway.. So then whats the point in wasting FP on Virgo..? Therefore, my concern and belief remains that those players with high level attack GB will continue to be a bigger threat than people who build Virgo...

DeletedUser10039

These players aren't bullies or cheats - they're just strong.

They use push accounts/alts/scripts/Slagging messages in private and global. If i say they are cheats or bullies then they are FACT (I say bully because of the constant personal messages and global daily chats using horrible words and slanderous lies, i.e Cyber Bullying). I said I don't care about plundering (as you said it's part of the game) PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE CONTRADICTING ME! They plunder at the exact millisecond its due collecting so saying don't leave stuff around is irrelevant in my case. They are not strong as they can not beat my defences. But with Virgo they will easily get through.

If you are not called names and receive harassing mails all day and night from players then well done to you, but in the world I play on it is a constant occurrence from a handful of players who are intent on making your life a total misery.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRed

Viceroy
I am one of those who invested in their city defense.. I have basil and terra (not deal, cause it's just way too big), WF and RF.. I am not concerned by Virgo at all. Why? Because first of all it's so expensive to level up and the bonus is so small (66.14% x5 at level 50). It only gives you so few chances and it's not even guaranteed. I actually do not think a lot of people in my world are going to build this...

I am more concerned about the fact that player have boosted their attack GBs so much that my current defense just don't matter... I try swap around my defense units and sometimes I get lucky... But honestly, if a player has CdM, Zeus, Aachen and now Terra too (plus all event buildings that boost your attack) at level 50+, my defense is just irrelevant. I think that hurts more than this Virgo GB...

Also I think that those players who have these kind of attack stats, will probably also not go for Virgo cause they probably will win with their current GBs anyway.. So then whats the point in wasting FP on Virgo..? Therefore, my concern and belief remains that those players with high level attack GB will continue to be a bigger threat than people who build Virgo...
Who rise all the defensive GBs is much harder to defeat than those who miss one and fill the gap using watchfires and related; active and passive defense have a different weight, like active and passive attack. If you choose to go for a defensive city then deal castle must be built, otherwise better you save fp and go for other playing styles. Also any balance between attack and defence GBs takes into account all of them... However in the end in high ages usually plunders are really rare hence the city defense is almost useless, any loss is risible if you have arc, chateau and other main gbs high enough.

DeletedUser8707

Defence is uneffective way use city space because they allways get through or some one do...

Virgo Project changes nothing on that BUT it may hurt those who build MEGA defences over long time period.

, I allready moved over line where my city plunders have no effect to my game play because I can feed any trash to plunderers I want eg. I set 20 Terracefarms making coins just because I want see attackers plunder them VOW, I got x times 500 coins, lol

, still I may build my city defense if inno brings GBs what really stop TOP attack boost players but currently THAT not happen...

I

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Virgo will not be used to attack ALL in your hood. It will be used to hit the same 5 players every single day. Why can people not see what will happen?

Do you have always the same neighborhood ? Are you always one of the 5 chosen players to be attacked ? It seems strange to me. Especially since you say you have a strong defence. From my experience, players who are always plundered are the one with little defense and who don't collect on time.

Praeceptor

Marquis
They use push accounts/alts/scripts/Slagging messages in private and global. If i say they are cheats or bullies then they are FACT (I say bully because of the constant personal messages and global daily chats using horrible words and slanderous lies, i.e Cyber Bullying). I said I don't care about plundering (as you said it's part of the game) PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE CONTRADICTING ME! They plunder at the exact millisecond its due collecting so saying don't leave stuff around is irrelevant in my case. They are not strong as they can not beat my defences. But with Virgo they will easily get through.

If you are not called names and receive harassing mails all day and night from players then well done to you, but in the world I play on it is a constant occurrence from a handful of players who are intent on making your life a total misery.

I have very high level buildings, but I strongly resent the implication that I have cheated - I am just a member of a dynamic well organised guild, and have put years of effort into developing a strong city.

If you are being abused by other players then they are breaking the rules. Report them to Inno and they will be dealt with.

Logain Sedai

Baronet

Have you reported to the support the insults that you received ? If scripts are more difficult to prove, at least it is easy to show to the support the insults that you have received. I would be surprised that support does not take action in these cases.
I have been playing for a long time and I met some stupid players who do insult other players because they take the game too seriously, but they have been suspended or banished by the support. And the ones who were "only" annoying (just staying in the boundaries of what is allowed) they were not persistent enough to keep being unpleasant very long.

What I am trying to say is that they should not make you not enjoy the game. Report them to the support and ignore them. If you don't care about plundering, just don't let a defeat upset you because it is not really yours, it is the IA's defeat.

Emberguard

Emperor
I said GB's PUSHED. Pushing is cheating in accordance with INNO rules.
You said:
who got their attack GB's pushed to extreme high levels
That doesn't hold the same meaning

"pushed to extreme high levels" carries a completely different contextual meaning to "push account". It doesn't tell me they cheated it tells me they put the work in

It's common in the English language to say you've pushed the limits to mean someone has improved their personal best or gone further then has been done before.

Here's the thing about high lvl GBs. The higher your Arc and your general FP income the faster you can scale things up. A swap group can go through 30 lvls in a day per player if they've all got high Arcs. However if they haven't put in the work to get their Arc up there then there's no way they'd be able to get their other GBs up there either.

It's not cheating to snipe positions in your hood. It's not cheating to put unsolicited contributions in a GB. It's not cheating to reciprocate contribution amounts to each others GBs. What is cheating it working to improve another player with that being your sole reason for signing up to the game because if you're not playing then you shouldn't be effecting the game.