• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion any plans to make plundering relevant again?

Dursland

Merchant
Seems ever since the influx of players crying about their Mahraja's palace sets getting plundered, Inno has made nearly every single event building since then unplunderable.

Is this trend going to continue or are there plans to make this mechanic relevant again, like was done with city defense?

It seems to make sense to bring it back - people will actually have defense now to deal with the plunderers, thanks to GE5.

But I think inno's had too many players quit over getting plundered and they'll never change it back. Am I right, probably?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Seems ever since the influx of players crying about their Mahraja's palace sets getting plundered, Inno has made nearly every single event building since then unplunderable.

Is this trend going to continue or are there plans to make this mechanic relevant again, like was done with city defense?

It seems to make sense to bring it back - people will actually have defense now to deal with the plunderers, thanks to GE5.

But I think inno's had too many players quit over getting plundered and they'll never change it back. Am I right, probably?
There's plenty of plunderables since then.

Almost every super-chain-building for instance is plunderable if not motivated - and they usually don't have special bonuses to gain motivation priority. Combine that with the recent influx of tiny 1x1s and 2x2s that want motivation and there's pretty good chance to catch them unmotivated (most people will not manually motivate them either).

The real downfall of plundering is not a lack of targets but that it takes too much time to get them. Raiding every neighbor, checking back regularly throughout the day. It only really is a significant benefit to a very new city. Not one making 1000+ FP and Goods a day anyways.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I doubt that it will change.

If they want to make it part of the game, I think they should rework it a bit. Maybe something like if you plunder me, I have 72 hours to attack your city and get back what you took. Make it more interesting that way.

CrashBoom

Legend
for me as endgame player: plundering the things we can plunder is not worth the time to search all neighbors for it many times a day
(FP --> sniping = huge profit, goods = enough from quests, coins / supplies ... why would I need those ??)

they should make the interesting things also plunderable
wouldn't it be nice to plunder the fragments:
- a Key Master's Workshop level 4 to get Tower fragments :cool:
- in the Cartographer's House for the Trading Post fragments
- the Ketebo Candy to get more Nutcracker Guardhouse fragments

yes I know fragments need motiviation and for that reason they are unplunderable.
but they could remove the plunder protection from motivations and make it possible to plunder motivated buildings o_O

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
They can just as easily making non-motivatable buildings plunderable. Like WW/FoY, craw's nest, etc. Introducing couple of likewise buildings. Wouldn't it be worthwhile to raid some WW/FoY towns to farm some additional diamonds?
Also as mentioned before, tons of buildings don't get motivated before their production finishes anyways. Leaving them vulnerable to raids. Particularly the chain buildings. Seems already fair to me. Only making non-motivational buildings plunderable too would make raiding much more potentially worthwhile.