• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Antiques Dealer: Warning if bidding >10-fold of latest bid (typo-prevention)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi47

Overlord
Proposal:
I want to propose a warning (popup), which appears, when I bid MUCH more than the latest bid in the Antiques Dealer (something like "10-fold", or better "9-fold")

Reason:
Yesterday I wanted to bid 40012 coins in order to outbid a bidder who's bid was 40011. Unfortunately I had I typo and accidently sent a bid of 400412 (i.e. 400k instead of 40k). A warning would prevent losing HUGE amounts of coins for such typos.

Details:
Example1:
Player 1 bids 40001 coins
Player 2 has a typo and attempts to enter 400022 instead of 40002 coins; i.e. rougnly 400k instead of 40k
--> As of now, player 2 (who probably by far doesn't want to bid that high) "loses" 400k coins; maybe without the typo player 2 would have stopped bidding somewhere at 80k or 100k.
--> PROPOSAL: for such a bid, a warning should pop up "really want to bid 400k? Y/N"

Example 2
Player 1 bids 40001 coins
Player 2 bids 41000 coins (probably NOT an accident; I have seen increasing by 1k quite often)
a second later Player 3 (who reacts to Player 1's bid) accidently types 400022 instead of 40002

--> also in this case Player 3 should get a warning popup "really want to bid 400k? Y/N" (it is not 10-fold of player 2's bid, but 10-fold of player 1's bid, who was outbid by player 2 only a second or so before player 3 sent his bid)

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
this should not affect balancing. With "usual" bids, players won't get a warning, and therefore are not slowed down during bidding, while players with accidental super-high bids (due to typos) would be warned so that they can correct (if there is still time)

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any abuse potential here.

Summary:

I propose a warning to give the player the chance to prevent accidental "super-high" bids, which can arise from "fat finger" or "bouncing key" typos (i.e. one digit too much, so roughly 10-fold of the latest bid)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I think that was proposed already at least in the feedback for the antiques dealer, but not too sure...

DeletedUser9962

Something like that would be ok, if you outbid someone else , better be careful, otherwise precious seconds can be lost with that

Sl8yer

Regent
You have 30 secs to bid, so 30 secs to see and change typo's. Any mistakes you make are your own fault by trying to up the bid with 1 in the last seconds.

DeletedUser8707

+1 for proposal.

(I had many close calls bidding with 60000 to 600000 and 49999 to 500000)

Sl8yer

Regent
A very simple change would be to add a space in the numbers example, instead of 10000 it would look like 10 000

An even easier change would be players starting to pay attention to what they do. It is ridiculous that Inno has to come up with all sorts of solutions for their stupidity.

trayk

Steward
-1 Easier just to slow down and pay attention.. we do NOT need more pop ups. Take responsibility for your own screw ups and live with them if you make one. If you do it once, learn from it ..twice ...3 times.. I would question your intellect :p

We do not need an Inno-nanny to protect us from our own stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.