• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Antique dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Reason
It is a pity to have an interesting activity that falls into oblivion due to its lack of attractiveness.
Details
reduce the duration of the offers so that the auctions and the renewal time of the articles no longer exceed 1 hour
Balance
Precisely, to make more balanced the usefulness of the antique dealer which we are all overflowing with, at some point, in change.
Abuse Prevention
None.
When the richest players have emptied their stock, the other players will be able to enjoy a little more of an activity that is currently inaccessible to them.
Summary
Make the antique shop attractive
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Report :
- the offers are renewed every 2h30 (2h of offers and 30 minutes of beat with the following offer). but an average player only sees 3 or 4 offers per day, which limits his spending possibilities.
- offers are often drowned out by uninteresting prizes, sometimes it takes a week to have the chance to participate at a decent price.
- occasional players or beginners cannot compete for truly interesting offers since regular players have a substantial sum generated by the mass of products sold and the scarcity of desired offers.
- the acquisition of an item is generally only done in the last minutes (or even last seconds) or any integration into a current offer is always between 1h50 and 2h00, which creates at least 1h30 useless.

General :
- in a strategy/management game, it is abnormal to overflow a resource, every player should be in perpetual search to increase his stock of currency.
- the lack of antique coins coupled with desired offers can generate additional sales of diamonds, therefore a return of money for Innogames.

Proposal :
- in the absence of being able to pre-select a type of wanted or useless articles, reduce the duration of the offers so that the auctions and the renewal time of the articles no longer exceed 1 hour, which would offer a maximum of 24 articles per day.
- the majority of players with whom I have exchanged admit that only 5 to 6 articles interest them according to the evolution of their city, out of the hundreds that Innogames offers us.
- the chance of seeing (and not even winning) a desired item must be less than 1% of the offers and we only see at best 9 per day.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Report :
- the offers are renewed every 2h30 (2h of offers and 30 minutes of beat with the following offer). but an average player only sees 3 or 4 offers per day, which limits his spending possibilities
- offers are often drowned out by uninteresting prizes, sometimes it takes a week to have the chance to participate at a decent price
- occasional players or beginners cannot compete for truly interesting offers since regular players have a substantial sum generated by the mass of products sold and the scarcity of desired offers
- the acquisition of an item is generally only done in the last minutes (or even last seconds) or any integration into a current offer is always between 1h50 and 2h00, which creates at least 1h30 useless

General:
- in a strategy/management game, it is abnormal to overflow a resource, every player should be in perpetual search to increase his stock of currency.
- the lack of antique coins coupled with desired offers can generate additional sales of diamonds, therefore a return of money for Innogames.

Proposal :
- in the absence of being able to pre-select a type of wanted or useless articles, reduce the duration of the offers so that the auctions and the renewal time of the articles no longer exceed 1 hour, which would offer a maximum of 24 articles per day.
- the majority of players with whom I have exchanged admit that only 5 to 6 articles interest them according to the evolution of their city, out of the hundreds that Innogames offers us.
- the chance of seeing (and not even winning) a desired item must be less than 1% of the offers and we only see at best 9 per day.
- the offers are renewed every 2h30 (2h of offers and 30 minutes of beat with the following offer). but an average player only sees 3 or 4 offers per day, which limits his spending possibilities
sad, maybe use timer to log after auction start?
offers are often drowned out by uninteresting prizes, sometimes it takes a week to have the chance to participate at a decent price
Well its not like this. Interesting offers are for good players - maybe 10, the rest is junk - true. But, this junk is being bought by low players who dont know the games. 200 Research points are being bought for 100-200k sometimes xD For me its junk, for others - not. (should be, but they are buying it - their lost)

- occasional players or beginners cannot compete for truly interesting offers since regular players have a substantial sum generated by the mass of products sold and the scarcity of desired offers
oh no, fun players cant compete with big boys? how unfair xD
- the acquisition of an item is generally only done in the last minutes (or even last seconds) or any integration into a current offer is always between 1h50 and 2h00, which creates at least 1h30 useless
Thats true, but every auction house works this way, maybe jsut add more auctins for a player. I mean it is a gesture for a player with lack of time, that thay have 2 hr to think about it.
For me 5 minutes would be enough, cuz all bids are anyway in last seconds extending the bid time.

just givemore auctions at once for a player.

In my opinion its stupid thats the same auction have only a few players grouped randomly.
It should be one big auction hall for all the server. It would be much more fair

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Also: change the auction to vickrey style (sealed bid auction, 2nd highest bid is the prize to be paid) - that would allow participation of players that can not be there at the end of auction (without the need to place an outrageous bid)

Demeter7

Squire
I like the 1 hour duration suggestion. On the rare occasions when there is something worth bidding on, I would usually be able to make the time for 1 hour to keep an eye on bidding. With the 2.5 hour duration, I almost always get distracted and forget about it, or just don't have time to sit around and watch an auction that long.

I agree, it's rare that I'm actually there at the end of auction so I always get outbid. Can make battling more competitive. I'd even go for 30 min quick auctions. It'll even people out by having them spend their auction coins quicker. Right now I'm sitting on 1k of the premium auction coins which is pretty bad.

Whose on the computer for 2.5 hours at a time???

i doubt that Inno would make it even easier to get kits for event buildings. How about they largely increase the frequency of Forge Points popping up instead, then everybody could happily spend their antiques currencies and doesnt have to sit on them forever

Unless INNO examines the offering in the AD I think that going from 2H to 1H simply means that we get an opportunity to bid on 2X more junk. I agree with the OP that there are, maybe, 4-5 items that I am interested in. When one of these appears I bid on it, at the maximum amount that I am willing to pay, then walk away. Later, when I return to the AD, I've either won, or not. If I won, great. I got what I wanted for an amount that I was happy with. If not, I have no idea what the item sold for but that doesn't matter. No regrets. IMO, players that feel the need to babysit their bids are just trying to get items "on the cheap". Nothing wrong with this but hardly a reason for INNO to change the mechanic.

i doubt that Inno would make it even easier to get kits for event buildings. How about they largely increase the frequency of Forge Points popping up instead, then everybody could happily spend their antiques currencies and doesnt have to sit on them forever
Forge points is the biggest waste in auction hall....

Kronan

Viceroy
I've accepted my (our) fate here. When the AD first came out, it was really really needed. Our inventories were stuff with pages and pages of junk. They're now all thinned out, over the years it's been active, and positively, yes, it's has been slowly productive to the buy side, too. I've accumulated multiple Art Dealers (painstakingly...) and other final upgrade kits of value, too.

I do hear what you're saying though, about it being more productive. But I get it that Inno wants it right where it is. It's a SLOW BURN...

I once sent a note to support asking them why my selling 5 potions of 5% attack for 24 hours generated a few hundred auction coins, but to accelerate it to completion cost over 1000 diamonds for 24 hours. I told them that was beyond anyone's view of balanced. It went nowhere.

It's really difficult to balance these things. I view getting something I can use 1 or 2 times a month a good fit. Yes, some people want there to be something to grab everyday, or something to bid on everyday. I just don't think that's aligned with Inno's value proposition for the AD.

I also want to add 1 more thing. Buried in Juber's post about what Inno did for/to FoE and the player community in 2022, was a closing paragraph telling us what they're working on. If the post was TL;DR (too long; didn't read) I'll give you an important clue buried in there.

We also want to have a look at our early game and make it easier for new players.

If we want action on things, our suggestion need to link to and become better aligned with Inno's own goals to get more people into the game as newbies - because THEY SPEND the most MONEY.

Last edited:

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
If the time limit is reduced, then there will be more items so their value will decrease, and they will not remain as rare and desirable to get. An example of "abundance of plenty". Hence the decision to show only a few offers to the player every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.