• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Aiding with no buildings to polivate

RedRed

Viceroy
- When someone is full, lets you give the button and win 20 coins, but really have not done anything in the city for this player. I experimented entering the city from a friend in which buttons mot / pol were gray because it was full, but instead if I could give aid to the button without problem.
Confirmed

1.40.27659 (25.11.2014 17:11), RedRed (58287), zz1, en_US, WIN 15,0,0,223, Windows 7, Chrome/39.0.2171.71, 1280x939, DirectX9 (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser

- When someone is full, lets you give the button and win 20 coins, but really have not done anything in the city for this player. I experimented entering the city from a friend in which buttons mot / pol were gray because it was full, but instead if I could give aid to the button without problem.

This right there is an actual bug, and it can cause situations where you can't help a friend or guildie when they need your help.
I have 2-3 ppl in my main world in my guild/friends lists that have large cities with large buildings - meaning they have maybe 40-50 buildings total that can be polished/motivated - with 24h productions their cities are almost always fully polished and fully motivated, usually when people come through for a quick pass, ie. mornings and nights.
But when the time comes that they are actually asking for a polish in need to reach their 120% happiness in order to do battle, I cannot help them, what chagrins me is that I may have wasted a pol/mot on them earlier in the day without actually giving them any help at all -- the 24h counter applies for me as if I did indeed polish/motivate them, when I did not.
That's not good :(

DeletedUser2752

Hey guys, I separated the posts concerning this separate bug. Was considered not a bug up until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1264

Hey guys, I separated the posts concerning this separate bug. Was considered not a bug up until now.

I have tried and failed to understand which bug is the separate bug that was considered not a bug until now. Can someone please clarify? Thank you.

DeletedUser2752

Okay, guess it's still not a bug. My apologies for before then.

DeletedUser

Ahhm, I think you meant to put the "Not a Bug" tag on the other thread and put "Investigating" into this thread...
Unless you mean to say that polivating already fully-polivated buildings is a feature? :p

DeletedUser1264

I'm confused. I gather I'm not the only one, though, so that's a comfort.

DeletedUser2752

Unless you mean to say that polivating already fully-polivated buildings is a feature? :p
This is the issue that is being discussed in this thread (using the aid function when there is no buildings to polivate). Not the other.
Personally, this can go both ways to me. If this was considered a bug, then there will probably have to be a pop-up message that claims there's no building left to polivate and that just waste time since you would have to close that message each time you encounter it (which could get very annoying with players with few buildings in their city). If this is not considered a bug, then I believe there's no chance of a BP (as no building is being polivated) plus a waste of an aid for pressing it (at least that'll get some people to visit others' cities :p), and it won't be recorded on the event history as far as I've seen on discussions on world chats and the forums.

DeletedUser2752

Okay, this is not a bug. It is an intended feature. (and has already been marked before I could do it).

DeletedUser1264

Words of one syllable are all that come to mind.

DeletedUser

FYI byeordie, this works properly via the Event viewer, ie. a message pops up telling you that there are no available buildings to polivate.
But it does not work properly using the aid button at the bottom of the hood/guild/friends avatar lists.

So, once again, i do have to point out that this is indeed a bug, and it has even been partially fixed, just not fully. Whoever marked this as not a bug might wish to reconsider, for sanity's sake ;)

DeletedUser2752

FYI byeordie, this works properly via the Event viewer, ie. a message pops up telling you that there are no available buildings to polivate.
I was stating that if you use the aid button and when it polivates nothing, the receiving player would have no clue that the supporter was aiding (as nothing is mentioned in the Event History) and thus could get kicked off their friends list if this continues for over a week or so.

But does that work now if you try to aid back from the Event History? I thought it didn't as that was a different issue that triggered the notification.

DeletedUser1264

I am once again struggling to understand you, ByeorDie. Why should it work one way through the event history and another way through the social bar??

If this isn't a bug it should be. It's insane to have an unsuccessful aid attempt count for the aider (20 coins + no further opportunity for 24 hours) when it doesn't count for the aidee and isn't even reported to him/her. If they refuse to accept this as a bug report please label it as a "necessary adjustment". Please.

DeletedUser2752

I am once again struggling to understand you, ByeorDie. Why should it work one way through the event history and another way through the social bar??
I'm not saying that it should work like that. Chain.reader's FYI was referring to a previous bug here: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...ion-1-40-Mission&p=19840&viewfull=1#post19840
I am pretty sure that issue was fixed, and should not be occurring since Tuesday. That's why I stated this:
But does that work now if you try to aid back from the Event History? I thought it didn't as that was a different issue that triggered the notification.

What I was stating concerning this issue was different:
Pretend we have Player A and Player B. Player A's city is fully polivated, so when Player B uses the aid function, Player B gets 20 coins, polivates nothing, and when Player A checks his Event History, there is no mention that Player B aided his city.

DeletedUser

What I was stating concerning this issue was different:
Pretend we have Player A and Player B. Player A's city is fully polivated, so when Player B uses the aid function, Player B gets 20 coins, polivates nothing, and when Player A checks his Event History, there is no mention that Player B aided his city.

yes, that indeed is the bug.
And it is a bug.
so a "Not a bug" tag makes no sense.
This IS a bug.

P.S. I was NOT referring to the issue in the link you gave, that is entirely a different issue. That issue was fixed.
This thread is about an entirely different issue ;)

DeletedUser1264

... Please can we stick to the bug (or feature in dire need of adjustment) that's the topic of the thread?
It's way too confusing when you start referring to some other issue.

If that isn't a bug it should be. It's insane to have an unsuccessful aid attempt count for the aider (20 coins + no further opportunity for 24 hours) when it doesn't count for the aidee and isn't reported to him/her. If the "higher ups" refuse to accept this as a bug report please label it as a "necessary adjustment".

RedRed

Viceroy
Agreed, this should be considered as a bug
- you gain coins by doing nothing (why?)
- aid button should be disabled (preferred) or at least a popup should notify that no actions are available

BTW I've experienced the issue from the social bar

DeletedUser1264

... Is this kooky concept of paying people just for clicking a button that does nothing some sort of effort to increase the clicking? Is a "high click rate" worth something in the online game industry? That might partially explain the inane "treasure hunt" as well.

DeletedUser

Can we expect this issue to be resolved?
The Aid button has my full support and I don't have any issues with the algorithms used to control the random selection of buildings or decos but
To be able to aid someone who has nothing available to Aid is at Best ............... Ridiculous!
It means that I have to visit each city individually as before to check if there is something to do WHICH Kind of defeats the object of having the Aid Button.
Come on please........Fix the broken coding and let me use the AID Button. PLEASEeeeee!!!!!