• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: After completing or aborting quest the next quest fails to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kono

Merchant
Troubleshooting
Ctrl+F5, restart.
After collecting reward on completing the quest (RQ) or aborting, the next quest does not load unless the quest window is minimized and reopened.

Browser or App version and version number
Google Chrome Version 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
FoE 1.234.a02e1e8cd5 (27.06.2022 18:10)
Recreation steps
Collect or abort quest
Frequency
Permanent
Can this be reproduced?
Yes, appears permanently.

Attachments

• Next quest fails to load.jpg
    Next quest fails to load.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 4

Stingy

Squire
Same for me, also in Google Chrome on a mac M1
FoE version: 1.234.a02e1e8cd5 (27.06.2022 18:10)
Chrome version: Chrome is up-to-date
Version 103.0.5060.53 (Official build) (arm64)
Clearing cache doesn't help...
Note: the next quest is loading IF I close the quest window. Then, taking a lot of clicks to re-open the quest window, and upon re-opening, the new quest appears
Only in browser version, not encountered in app version
Note2: happens also when using Safari, but less often

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Thank you for your report. We have already forwarded it to the developers and they are working on a fix. Until then, we ask you to be patient and are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The Following Are Affected:
• Quest Tracker in Settlements - The next quest disappears
• Quest Tracker for Events - Upon collecting the daily login prize, you can't click on any other buttons (regular quests, daily challenge)

Fenix

Viceroy
Please, please, please, fix this. Recurring quests are already tedious to change, if I have to change 15 to get the one that I want, the rotation shouldn't stop every 1,or with luck, 2 guests.

RedV

Farmer
I've been experiencing the same issue except I've had to reload the page each time I complete a quest. Simply closing and reopening the quest window does not move the quest line forward. The quest line locks up after I've collected the quest reward, and it does not advance to the next quest until after I refresh the page. Instead, there appears to be no quest in the quest line. However, everything else about the quest itself seems to keep functioning. For instance, if I collect coins before reloading the page and the subsequent quest was "collect xx amount of coins," I do still receive credit toward that quest from the coins collected prior to reloading the page. It's just the quest line itself that remains empty until the page is refreshed.
This problem occurs both in the main game quest line, as well as the quest line for the settlements. And if it matters at all, I use the Chromium browser on an Intel Nuc running Ubuntu Studio.

Last edited:

RedV

Farmer
I may have spoke too soon. It is much better. It no longer locks up on every completed quest, and when it does hang up, I no longer have to refresh the entire page. But I am still experiencing an intermittent hang that so far appears to be random. The next quest will load after closing the quest window for a moment, and then reopening. Also, previously, this only occurred when collecting on completed quests, now it is happening when aborting quests.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
For the new issues, please create a new bug report, so we can have a deeper look, thank you!

Kronan

Viceroy
yes, agree with the "it's fixed!"... but then it gliched again (left a blank hole on a quest...) ...so it really isn't...

Will keep track of that and re-report when I can define circumstances better for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.