• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Add guild size as a league qualifier in GBG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
It is currently too easy for small guilds to end up in diamond league with minimal effort and find themselves overmatched. Using guild size as an additional function would help mitigate that. Additionally, it would prevent single-man guilds from spamming diamond league rewards.
Details
Recommended league thresholds for LP and guild size.

Copper: 0-100 LP OR LP >100 AND guild size <3
Silver: 101-350 LP AND guild size equal to or greater than 3 OR LP >350 AND guild size <10
Gold: 351-650 LP AND guild size equal to or greater than 10 OR LP >650 AND guild size <20
Platinum: 651-900 LP AND guild size equal to or greater than 20 OR LP >650 AND guild size <40
Diamond: 901-1000 LP AND guild size equal to or greater than 40
Balance
This idea would improve the balance of league sorting in GBG and ensure more equal matching
Abuse Prevention
This idea addresses abuse of GBG by single players who spam diamond league fights
Summary
Adding a guild size function to GBG league sorting would address many of the current problems in GBG matchmaking without significantly changing how GBG operates. The programming should be fairly straightforward.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, searched forums and looked at DSNL
Add AND and OR functions related to guild size to GBG league sorting so instead of League Points being the only factor in league, both League Points and guild size affect league placement.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

angelgail

Baronet
i have 40 members in my guild only bout 10 of us do gbg ,we do good most the time ,stay beached a lot but do good i think considering who we play against

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
1) This proposal is as old as GBG and it was a bad suggestion already at that time

2) I guess this proposal is based on your live server GBG experience - with he current changes on beta and the limited attrition reduction, guilds with low active member count (no matter how many members the guild has) should already be sorted down, as they are harshly limited by the attrition now and can no longer do "endless" fighting just because they have enough guild goods

3) Independently thereof, matchmaking could be improved vastly by reducing the amount of LP that guilds gain/lose per battleground (or make it dependent n the guild performance (dominance) - Main problem with this is that guilds starting out at 0 will need lots of time to reach diamond even when they are super good.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Guild size, what about the age/era of each guild member.

60 Future era guild members of Guild A and 60 SAJM guild members of Guild B have any constraint to handle anything.

Active participation is the top most criteria for GBG and no other logic can solve any miseries of GBG.

I can think of one choice, but it will be a pointless suggestion which is like, "siege camp or traps etc can be placed with every guild member contribution of new GbG coins (an idea which I had in mind long back)". Instead of every guild member, based on guild leagues, the count of guild member contribution can be adjusted. For example, diamond 60 members contribution mandatory, sapphire (new league) 65, platinum 70 members contribution and crown (new league) all members contribution mandatory. Sorry for going little out of topic, but the logic will be reasonable with the purpose suggested here. I should create this as a separate idea to make it very clear.

Ironrooster

Baronet
it would prevent single-man guilds from spamming diamond league rewards.
I find it odd that you think solo guilds are a problem in diamond leagues.

Since the size of the rewards for individuals is based on the league their guild is in, this idea seems to be mainly about discriminating against smaller guilds.

If you want better match ups, remove the league points cap in diamond league. Using the league points as a basis for match ups would then naturally put the strongest performing guilds together regardless of size.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you want better match ups, remove the league points cap in diamond league. Using the league points as a basis for match ups would then naturally put the strongest performing guilds together regardless of size.
A note on this is that the cap is the only thing in the way of endless inflation in GBG atm - another mechanic to remove points from the system needs to be added to remove the cap. Such as a % rating loss applied each week before your gains (or further losses) for placement are added.

CrashBoom

Legend
already discussed in another topic
no cap and -10% after each season
which actually would end in a higher cap (when then -10% = the points of winning the league)

like the idea of this thread --> also already posted elsewhere

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Expedition Championships show that's a bad idea.
Groups still have 133% guilds with 5% guilds.
This is a very bad way to group guilds.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I am not able to forward it as it did not gain the requisite support from the community. Good luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.