• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion About event buildings and their stats

Dessire

Regent
You have noticed how powerful event buildings has starting to be, and how many of those we can get. In halloween event, there are 3 Amazing and usefull buildings you can get easly and in big quantities. It is obvious future events will bring more and more useful and powerful buildings and if things continue like this, I will not be surprised if one year an event building gives you 150% attack 300 goods and 100 FPs.

That is because there is no real a limit and if you put a limit, some players could start complain or leave the game.

Having a system of an endless increase of building bonuses will bring, eventually, a problem, more than a problem.

I think there should be a solution for that.
The other game of Innogames, named rise of cultures, have a system where an event building has like 40 levels, and you need like. 60 kits to reach that level and you can have the first year, for free, enough kits to reach level 12-13. You must wait the next year to get more kits in form of daily specials.

Obviously that would be a big NO in FoE, but also would be a type of solution to limit that endless increase of stats in event buildings.

Is there any other solution?
I like the idea of have events where you can get custom desgins of buildings to give those designs to your desired event building, like skins, and without stats, but also kits which give to any building your desired stat. For example, a kit of 1% attack boost, you can use it in any event building to permanently increase it's attack boost. But after reach, for example, 15 or 20% of attack, the next attack boost kit used on that building will only grants to it 0.5% or 0.2% of attack boost, so it will be better use it to boost other event building. The idea is allow players have like a basic limit of attack, lets say 3000%, but after that, the increasing of attack will be a slow progress, making a 3 years old player have (for example) finally have the 3000% of attack, but a player with 6 hears, have 3500% of attack, making that difference big enough to allow older players easly do/complete certain features but in terms of PvP, not making a huge difference to allow those 3000% players compete against older players.

If you do not limit the stats of buildings, eventually you will be able to level up the arc at 180 in less than 1 month, something that will require a change, to make difficult again have arc at 180, and the same for other features.

The reason why the 3 GB of titan age requires goods after level 10 is just to slow progress of players, and if you do not put a limit in the stats of event building, then the game will be easy enough to make players not spend real cash, to make them play for a few months.

(I hope have the option in a future to have "skins" for event buildings. My city looks like an old one due the design of event buildings and I like more modern, contemporary and futuristic designs for buildings.)

Kronan

Viceroy
Your point has resonance, @Dessire . I'm looking at my beta city for what could be put back into inventory storage, and what become good candidates are buildings I put out just 6 months ago. That's how rapid the game "inflation" has become.

Hero Tavern used to be a powerhouse piece, but that's a candidate for immediate replacement.
Bistro - same.
Vibrant Sunflower Oil Press, same.

Yeah wow, right?

All these new evet buildings of interest now must have "Terracotta Army GB" style dual army boosts, and what they replace doesn't. Mostrosities and Conjunction Tower, for example - are robust in all their offerings, while those I mentioned as candidates are not as game balanced for the game we're playing (nor the game FoE will be when Guild Raids gets built).

So yes - already planning forward to where the game is going and that means - recycling "older" (NOT OLD) good products, because they start to be less efficient each NEW event - so you have to stay current with playing events (getting to be a JOB playing FoE, vs a social amusement endeavor)

Is it conceivable that the huge amount of power creep so far in 2023 is INNO's way to bridge the gap that was created with the introduction of GE Level 5 and the new GBG? If so, it's quite possible that a more measured amount of creep could be our future.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The day has finally come when dessire actually asks for limits on more power!? We really have gone off the deep end!

I do agree with Pericles that it seems like they may actually finally be slowing down (Aegean Resort still holds up at the same or higher power level than the last 3 events (fall, halloween, winter)) - and that encouraging people to stack up the new blue stats could've been part of the motive.

It was always going to be an uncomfortable transition and if the only difference with the new buildings was adding blue stats, much of the community would've been panning events as a pass, not worth the effort, etc, etc. By going crazy with the buildings they ensured that even people who don't care about the blue stats (yet) have been busy acquiring some and may be somewhat ready for more features that require them.

It remains to be seen if they can create content that will hold up to this new tier of power. Or if things have simply already gone too far.

As power creep continues to rise and rise, we are faced with a future problem: GB's becoming obsolete. If you're starting out now, why would you build a Cape? The FP income of a lvl 60 Cape is not that attractive anymore. Would you not rather have an Aegaen Resort on that same space? And use Blue Galaxy on it? I know I would. Your FP income is getting so high from event buildings that the lack of red/blue stats on a Cape really starts to make it obsolete.

In the same vein is the Cathedral of Achen. I've decided to skip that GB and Castel in my new city. It would cost me too many FP to bring it to a reasonable level. Instead I'll start on a Himeji, which is much more useful in lower ages than a CoA.
A year ago this attitude would be inconceivable. The holy trinity was mandatory and everyone had to build CoA and CdM. Zeus remains amazing though.

It remains to be seen if they can create content that will hold up to this new tier of power. Or if things have simply already gone too far.
That is an interesting problem. I read that a long time ago Inno rebalanced GE1-4 because it had become too easy. Since then they haven't done any rebalance. Their way to handle the increased power of the players is to make new content much, much harder. Look at GE5, which was unbeatable in combat for 99% of the player base when it was released.
Guild Raids will be balanced with this in mind. On the dev server there were encounters that were not beatable with 4k/4k boosts. That's very good, because there must be a challenge for the players in 2024 and 2025, when everybody and his mother has 3000/3000 blue boosts.

As power creep continues to rise and rise, we are faced with a future problem: GB's becoming obsolete. If you're starting out now, why would you build a Cape? The FP income of a lvl 60 Cape is not that attractive anymore. Would you not rather have an Aegaen Resort on that same space? And use Blue Galaxy on it? I know I would. Your FP income is getting so high from event buildings that the lack of red/blue stats on a Cape really starts to make it obsolete.

In the same vein is the Cathedral of Achen. I've decided to skip that GB and Castel in my new city. It would cost me too many FP to bring it to a reasonable level. Instead I'll start on a Himeji, which is much more useful in lower ages than a CoA.
A year ago this attitude would be inconceivable. The holy trinity was mandatory and everyone had to build CoA and CdM. Zeus remains amazing though.
But don't you agree that GBs becoming obsolete has always been part of the game? Most players beyond the Middle Ages have deleted their Oracle and ToB. My LoA lasted until Colonial. Truce Tower not much longer. Galata Tower didn't last long. I never built the Inno or the CC. Kraken, Virgo, and Star Gazer were built to help out with GE Level 5 then scrapped as soon as my blue stats got built up. AI Core was built in AF and ripped out in VF. I'm still hanging on to ToR but I really don't know why. I'm probably forgetting some but I think you get the idea.

Yeah, I get your meaning. I just find it hard to accept an outlandish reality in Foe where the "good" GB's are not that good anymore and are up for deletion. I always thought that I would never delete my Cape and I still find it hard to say yes to it. But maybe I should reconsider. One of the reasons for my hesitation is the so-called sunk cost fallacy. The other is emotional attachment because these buildings have been with me for so long and I was proud when I built them.
Several GB's would not make the cut anymore: Cape, Himeji, ToR, Chateau (because I don't do RQ's).

Praeceptor

Marquis
Power creep used to be fine for active players doing all the events, but most of my guild aren't doing them. Very few are doing the Halloween event, so eventually cities based on GBs are going to fall way behind. For power creep to be sustainable, events have to attract more players, not fewer.

GeniePower

Merchant
All that talk about GBs but what about the settlement buildings? All that effort to finish them and the buildings are not even worth building anymore

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That is an interesting problem. I read that a long time ago Inno rebalanced GE1-4 because it had become too easy. Since then they haven't done any rebalance. Their way to handle the increased power of the players is to make new content much, much harder. Look at GE5, which was unbeatable in combat for 99% of the player base when it was released.
Guild Raids will be balanced with this in mind. On the dev server there were encounters that were not beatable with 4k/4k boosts. That's very good, because there must be a challenge for the players in 2024 and 2025, when everybody and his mother has 3000/3000 blue boosts.
Mostly here I'm thinking about the FP and goods economies. Fights sure, they can just make the defending bonuses even more ridiculous.

When they released SAT they created new sinks for goods - and they're expensive GBs to level. But the new event buildings are more than up to the task of making them manageable, or possibly in extreme cases even trivial.

Furthermore while I don't mind old GBs getting dated and up for deletion, it does reduce the range of things you might choose to spend that excess FP on. I could see where people consider "high level" GBs now being 100+ it maybe shifting to 150+ between more FP and less targets for that FP. And the extreme costs to make progress in that range being normal devaluing what people think of the value of a FP and thus making it harder to motivate people to do whatever comes next (you're only handing out 1000 FP for all that work? I make over 10 times that just from collection! (not yet, but I will)) In-game inflation mirroring real-life inflation ;) How do you stop it?

Arch1e

Marquis
But don't you agree that GBs becoming obsolete has always been part of the game? Most players beyond the Middle Ages have deleted their Oracle and ToB. My LoA lasted until Colonial. Truce Tower not much longer. Galata Tower didn't last long. I never built the Inno or the CC. Kraken, Virgo, and Star Gazer were built to help out with GE Level 5 then scrapped as soon as my blue stats got built up. AI Core was built in AF and ripped out in VF. I'm still hanging on to ToR but I really don't know why. I'm probably forgetting some but I think you get the idea.
I built Babel back in space ages for the goods, I still have TT, LoA, GT for same reason, and I’m hanging on to my Inno, Hagia and Basil (I know, I had it before GE5 and hey, it came in handy too…). All for goods. You can never have too many goods. Would I advise them now? No. But we stopped advising people to build anything much beyond fight GBs when Gbg was new, so obsolete and for the chopping block has, as was said above, always been around. Just a question of perspective. The two GBs I did delete were Virgo (useless except I was fighting SAM map at the time with lower era units so helped a bit), SG (no point at any time) and later St Mark’s just for the size.

Kronan

Viceroy

Absolutely right. I've ONLY lifted my CoA, Zeus to 11 in beta so as to get a quick 30% for doing GE ... and as there is now so much power in event buildings - I"m not considering taking them higher, because event buildings are now designed to spawn other event buildings of equal power. AS well, with black flasks giving huge boosts - you can consider a paradigm shift and fight using on demand help vs having power unused but available in a GB 24/7/365.

What I am building are things that are "timeless" and have continuous value:
1) BG, ARC
2) AO when I get some room.

Arch1e

Marquis
GBs to level. But the new event buildings are more than up to the task of making them manageable, or possibly in extreme cases even trivial.
There is absolutely a question as to how high you should take those, compared to what you can do with event buildings, what the additional stats actually give you, and what you could do with the fps someone is willing to pay for the goods.