• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Abolish the Players Global Ranking

DeletedUser7522

Are you so stupid, or you play with us ? with the fights in the recurring quests everything in the game is ruined. if is anything that matters in this game.

EnamIccug

Farmer
I think Inno allowing the use of alt accounts to do nothing but produce champions for the main account to farm did a little more to "ruin" the integrity of the player rankings, than people making good use of the recurring quests available to them.

Grow up.

DeletedUser7522

you dont understand, the recurring quests in saab is something anybody can do all day long. its like the personal map when it first appeared in postmodern era. now the developers play it ignorant. i dont expect to give any responsible answers. or will they ?

Sl8yer

Regent
you dont understand, the recurring quests in saab is something anybody can do all day long. its like the personal map when it first appeared in postmodern era. now the developers play it ignorant. i dont expect to give any responsible answers. or will they ?

Only one not understanding is you. Fighting all day was already possible. RQ's in SAAB do not have anything to do with that

CrashBoom

Legend
players are doing more battles faster with GvG champions ping pong for years

don't you understand that ?

and btw: it is not only thing anybody can do
it is also something everybody can do ;)

Only one not understanding is you. Fighting all day was already possible.
and that is why in my main world the Top 26 players have more than 100k battles
and 7 of the Top 10 have 200k+ battles. one even more than 300k

I doubt someone can beat that with RQ battles :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5882

The problem with global player rankings is that in reality it is "fighter rankings". There is nothing that's global about player ranking!
GB rankings is concerned with your GB levels only, medal rankings is concerned with the medals you collected only. And you would expect general player rankings to include all features available in this game right? But no!

There are multiple features in this game but fighting is the biggest source for points for the global and as explained above it is pretty much an endless feature.
If you're in SAAB you can do endless battles with recurring quests if you haven't had enough with the hood, GE, GBG, GvG!!

Aiding is something you can do limited times and also tiring for many.. we get no points for being a good aider!

Investing in GBs is a crucial feature in this game, but we get no points for investing at all!!

Tending to your city and collecting is an important feature in this game but we get zero points for doing that labour!

Every click should matter for global! Especially those that you can do in restricted numbers!

Battle points should be cut down! and maybe even limited to X number of fights/day that you could get points from!

This kind of change in point calculation would also force many to help more and use more of the game features actively! And the global rankings would make more sense then!

- You're only aider and farmer and not fighter? Your loss! Because this game has fights too as part of its strategy
- You're only fighter and don't care about helping others' GBs? Your loss because this game's strategy is mainly based on GBs whether you raise them or support the raising of them!

↑↑↑ This is how General Player Rankings should be ↑↑↑

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9295

Players Global Ranking is Inno's worst achievement in at least 3 years. Reasons?
- Without manual fights disappears the pleasure of the game and the fights in the automatic system are much more expensive and are lost much easier than in the manual system.
- Players up to the Virtual Age have no chance of reaching the top 40-50 places. The opponent selection system is totally incorrect.
- The 4-hour interval is far too long, the dynamics of the game disappear.
- The prizes that are awarded after a week of boredom, are also just as boring: very few pf, bonuses and uninteresting objects.... Much better are the prizes from GBG or Expedition.
Therefore, if Inno does not remedy this total chaos, I will no longer play PvP. After all, we already have Expedition, GBG, GvG and fighting with neighbors. Why waste my time on something so bad.

Dessire

Regent
In my main world the top 1 have more than 700M of ranking points. I'm between 30 to 20. all playes above me and below me down to position 100 have 15k more battles than me (most of them more than 25k battles more than me) and every day I get more and more points without fighting a lot. in fact, with the 2 battles we have thanks to the recurring quest of SAAB, I would have more than 1.200.000.000 ranking points with the same amount of battles of the top 1 players in my world. the top one have 210 000 more battles than me. these new recurring quests are very awesome (at least for me) because in theory, there is no player in my world that could beat me if I start doing those 2 battles the whole day every day, in theory, I'm the top 1 of my world If I do the same max amount of battles of the real top 1 of my world. so, is the actual ranking something that really matters? I think "no".

But you do get points for investing in GB's....your own. I wouldn't mind getting points for aiding and collecting, but then you get people getting more points for collecting 100 blacksmiths than collecting from 5 buildings of their age? It'd be nice to get a sizeable points for completing the settlement.

Gab in Beta

Merchant
this is top10 of Greek server n. C
half million battles
second player reaches 1 billion too in some days . .
just some facts :)

Attachments

• TOPgreeceC.jpg
    TOPgreeceC.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 62

CrashBoom

Legend
I wouldn't mind getting points for aiding and collecting, but then you get people getting more points for collecting 100 blacksmiths than collecting from 5 buildings of their age?
actually collecting gave points in the beginning
300 coins or supplies was 1 ranking point

and if collecting 100 blacksmiths gives more supplies than 5 buildings of their age then they should keep the blacksmiths forever ;)

actually collecting gave points in the beginning
300 coins or supplies was 1 ranking point

and if collecting 100 blacksmiths gives more supplies than 5 buildings of their age then they should keep the blacksmiths forever ;)
I mean technically more efficient way of doing the RQ's in many cases. ;) Almost all the SAA cities I see have a little patch of blacksmiths.

Blacksmiths come and go from cities (of all ages) all the time, timing is before and after events. in some cities they even managed to stay after the event.
---
I do no favor abolishing of the ranking, but maybe change the formula to calculate it. Those not agreeing with current Ranking points formula should (in my opinion) post an alternate formula to use. Then we could discuss if proposed formula is better (or not) than current one.

Current formula considers:
  • Battle Points:
  • Buildings built at the city:
    • Age, size and type of building (regular, event, special (diamond cost), Town Hall) influence points given.
  • GBs:
    • Points: Value of a standard city building of the same age and size + Value of goods spent to initially put it into the city + Value of Forge Points needed to reach its current level
  • Goods used out of the market:
    • Like donated from Inventory/stock to Treasury, or used to build a GB, Continent Map sectors negotiations, other negotiations....
    • Goods Age and if the goods require refined goods, or re-refined goods to produce influence goods value.
Am I missing something?

Wiki Article: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Player's_Ranking
(Wiki article was last edited on 25 May 2019, at 22:06 and needs an update,
  • it does not include stats for SAAB Era, and
  • does not mention Oracle of Delphi in the same category as Temple of Relics and Observatory.
  • Curiously, the Fandom Wiki (https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Ranking_System) does includes stats for SAAB Era, but points for Promethium and Orichalcum does not match.

Last edited:
Some are proposing than coins or supplies collection should be part of the formula. I would favor Ranking Points given when reaching a milestone of Coins and Supplies for the first time.
For example:
1. Add X1 Ranking Points when reaching 50,000 Coins for the 1st time.
2. Add X2 Ranking Points when reaching 500,000 Coins for the 1st time.
3. Add X3 Ranking Points when reaching 1,000,000 Coins for the 1st time.
etc.
(Reaching 50K and then spending some, and then collecting to reach 50K again does not add more points, same for all others).

Similar table for supplies. Developers to figure it out values for X1, X2, X3, ... and milestones to reward them (50K, 500K, 1M, ...)

The problem with global player rankings is that in reality it is "fighter rankings".
Battle Points may be the easiest and/or faster way to increase rank but not the only way. If true I would not see players with thousands less fights than me with higher ranking.

Investing in GBs is a crucial feature in this game, but we get no points for investing at all!!
True, only your own GBs count. But investing in other GBs gives you BPs and FPs that can be used to directly or indirectly) level up your own GBs, also provide medals to add expansions to build new GBs at your city.

Battle points should be cut down! and maybe even limited to X number of fights/day that you could get points from!
How much the cut? Ranking Points = Battle points obtained / 75? / 100?
New formula to impact ranking points from battles after the change is implemented?

Tending to your city and collecting is an important feature in this game but we get zero points for doing that labour!
I proposed a way to reward Ranking Points for Coins / Supplies collection. Do you like it? Or have an alternative?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It is true that some SAAB quests can be repeated without limits, without losing units.
With Frontenac we can gain a lot in 1 day, the effect on the ranking is negligible compared to the effect on the goods.