• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Ability to play the game more for newer players

Lightning34

Farmer
Reason
To spend more time in the game for new players/ player retention.
Details
A feature that is always available with minimal waiting times. E.g. A watered-down event. It rewards for activity rather than setting up productions and checking back later.
Balance
It can be something you do when your city is busy with its productions.
Abuse Prevention
Cap on repetitions or rewards earned after doing a significant amount per day. I understand that this might be extremely similar to doing recurring quests, but to get a level 75+ CF will take months of earning FP by other means, and it does nothing to solve the waiting times in the beginning stages of the game.
Summary
A feature for new players to spend more time in the game and not log out after spending just 30 mins - 1 hour in the first few months.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Over the years the game has been exceptional in bringing up plenty of features to keep players' time occupied, such as GE, GbG, PvP Arena, etc. However, for players that are new to the game there are plenty of waiting times, such as waiting for the next event to come up, waiting for productions to finish, etc. For the first couple of months, players must logout of the game after spending a maximum of 1 hour per day as there is nothing at all to do.

To overcome this I wanted to suggest a new feature that will help players with some activity whenever they want, that there is always something to do and they do not just have to logout because an event is not running. Not to mention they cannot contribute much to GvG or GbG without going through several months of events to build up attack and defence. I do not have an exact idea on what can be implemented, but something like a watered down event that can be played on non-event days. Maybe the event that ended previously but with nerfed rewards and all the daily specials removed. As all these events are independent mini-games, they can be interesting for new players having nothing else to do to play on a loop like the settlements.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Someone will just come by and probably say "that's what the daily challenges are for". While I think there should be more in the game to help the players that are just starting out to keep them playing in the game, however, I think that Inno is running out of "gas" or throwing a few monkey wrenches that would steer players from doing so.

Lightning34

Farmer
A second idea would be to have an FP producing building that will benefit the new players and not much the older ones. Looks like the developers initially had such a plan – the 5 minutes supply production option. But that is never required apart from doing quests. They could have such a feature for Forge Points instead (now maybe this has been suggested before). Some kind of a permanent building like the PvP Arena but for producing FPs. In 5 mins it could produce 1 forge point, 2 in 15 mins, 3 in 1 hour, 4 in 4 hours, and so on upto 6 in 1 day. Does not even beat many event buildings but newer players are going to benefit with it by having upto 12 additional FPs per hour which at 5 hours of average play-time translates to 60 FPs/ day. If not a permanent building it could be given out as a one-time quest gift like the Monastery. FPs are very dry in a starting city but later on they come in mass amounts. This could help bridge the gap.

Last edited: