• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Ability to make defending army hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta567

Baronet
Reason
Better and consistent UX similar to one we already have.
Details
Provided above.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
Make FoE better and comfortable to play.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes.
I'm suggesting to use the same UX what we use in the PvP arena. What I mean by this is to use this button: 1675622442692.png
similar to this: 1675622467162.png

It gives an ability to hide your defending army under one button which I think it's always on the way when you pick units during the battles.
1675622704457.png

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

-Alin-

Emperor
My neigbors really love my horsemam from bronze age, and it is hidden all the time because I keep shown only Jupiter units.

+1 for the idea, BUT make it only as an option not default only for everyone to be hidden.
I tend in GvG and even GbG to keep in front units designated as defending to use them for attack, because it will make my fights faster rather than losing every precious second to switch tabs from heavy units to light units or artilerries.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
I would like it taken one step further, so you can turn on/off displaying both the City Defense and PvP Arena Defense.

I like your idea, but a lot of new players assign units to PvP Arena and have no idea that it hides them from everywhere else.

+1 for the idea, BUT make it only as an option not default only for everyone to be hidden.
This. It needs to by default display the units

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Let's go to the end, no need to show the same troop X times, not even 8 (being the maximum that can be used in the menu) but only one that is renewed with each use. Eventually Inno can integrate the number of this troop in a corner of its thumbnail.
By selecting an age, we would no longer even need to have the type of unit (light, heavy, fast, ...)

Beta567

Baronet
Let's go to the end, no need to show the same troop X times, not even 8 (being the maximum that can be used in the menu) but only one that is renewed with each use. Eventually Inno can integrate the number of this troop in a corner of its thumbnail.
By selecting an age, we would no longer even need to have the type of unit (light, heavy, fast, ...)
Sounds great

nice2haveu

Baronet
Like GVG, army management window also Dev's forgot like gave me a feeling. For these many years, army management window has many idea which got forwarded to developers (from other forums too). Plenty got rejected also because of already suggested.

Why they didn't consider any improvement, hope someone know the answer.

As a final note, for sure I support this idea irrespective of how many times it getting posted and forwarded to developers.

+1 for improvements suggested in the comments too.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Here is what I currently have:
Sugg1.png

Here's what I'd rather have:
Sugg2.png

Only troops with full health accessible in the selected age (here FUTURE) appear with the quantities.
Wounded troops would only be visible by clicking on the type of troops at the top left (light, heavy, fast, ...)

So no big change in the coding but above all a simplification of use and appearance.

Attachments

• Sugg1.png
    Sugg1.png
    698.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Sugg2.png
    Sugg2.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 6
Here is what I currently ha

Here's what I'd rather have

Only troops with full health accessible in the selected age (here FUTURE) appear with the quantities.
Wounded troops would only be visible by clicking on the type of troops at the top left (light, heavy, fast, ...)

So no big change in the coding but above all a simplification of use and appearance.
I hope you post this as a new thread.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I hope you post this as a new thread.
No, because my last suggestion was refused by a moderator despite the votes being favorable.
I suffered, in my opinion, a real censorship from a simple moderator who left the suggestion a few weeks in vote before closing it to assert its sovereignty!

I already had a doubt that our suggestions were really studied (not simply reported but considered by the developers) but there I was purely disgusted to want to move things forward.

Beta King

Viceroy
What if I want to use same era troops for my defending army?
I would post ideas on the beta forum like the one above to make it easier to fight without the defense in the way and maybe with enough persistence they will accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.