• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion A new way to unlock new eras technology?

Dessire

Regent
What you are going to read could be a suggestion, but no . . I want first know your opinions and based on your opinions, decide if make a suggestion in the corresponding forum section.

Imagine 3 corporations competing/fighting to acquire the "privilege" to build and develop their technology in the next era (venus or the next one after venus).

Imagine that, instead of spend FP, gold, supplies and goods to unlock a technoloy of a new era you must complete missions from one of those corporations and as rewards, you earn the same things as always (diamonds, medals, goods, gold, units, etc) but also a technology related to that corporation.

The tech tree of the new era is empty and you must complete it by earning technologies. like an album of stickers.

in the first mission of the new era, all corporations offers you a technology which unlocks, for example, a house. the design of the house should be different, depending on the corporation. the amount of population, gold, time production, etc should depend on the choosen corporation.

for the second mision something similar, you can choose which corporation you want to help and at the end you unlock the second technology to investigate (?) or maybe for the first mission, you can choose one between the 3 corporation, for the second you can choose between the first you picked or corporation 3 (?) or what about "if you choose A then for the next mision you can pick A and C but not B and then for the third mission you can choose between A,B and C again but for the 4th mission you can choose between 2 (?).

one corporation could be one dedicated to war, the second one to production and the third one a balance between the two previous ones (?)

At the end, you can build 2 great buildings. One great building should be related to the corporation you helped the most, and the second great building for the second corporation you helped more times (?) the second great building should have it's bonused divided by two because you didn't pick that corporations more times than the first one (?)

To give each member of a guild more importance, great buildings of that new era could give to all other members of the guild for gvg and/or GBG bonuses like "all your guild members military units have an extra attack/defense bonus of X%" or "once per day, your guild partners can get X amount of goods by completing negotiations in GBG successfully" something that could make say to guild leaders "oh my . . . I really can't allow this player go , his GB is a good addition to my guild" even when there are another 20 members with the same great building. (another example of skill: killed military units of your guild partners can resurrect after each battle X amount of battles).

If FoE wants to add "alien civilization" this idea could be also used for that, you meet 3 different civilizations and the buildings you can have in your city depends on your desision of "which civilization should I help now?".

Emberguard

Emperor
This would probably be great for a new game where you can really play around with the mechanics to anything you want.

So what kinds of missions would we have to do? Is it something in your main city or elsewhere? What if that city is already well developed and not flexible to major changes based on the mission?

Or B, a random next level building is in the challengers chest for doing 7 daily quests. But after a while, you're going to start seeing cities filled with buildings out of that age. I've been in LMA a while then I'd have a bunch of CA goods buildings and barracks. Why bother leveling up in tech at all?

Players sometimes are interested to build more than one type of military barrack of the era for their Alcatraz to use them to generate unattached troops. In current Research Tree with multiple branches Players select which path follow first based on the techs available in that path.
  • How would the techs for military be divided between the corporations? " one corporation could be one dedicated to war, the second one to production and the third one a balance between the two previous ones (?) "
    • If the Player want the Artillery Camp? Can he/she get it from the Balanced Corporation or must go to the War Corporation because only the War Corporation would have the tech for it?
  • If the tech tree is empty... how will the player know which corporation to choose to eventually unlock the military techs he/she is interested?
Currently, most of the time the player know what rewards a quest will grant when completed. Only in a small group of quests the reward is unknown/hidden. How would be with the missions from the corporations? Will the player know which tech will be unlocked if selecting to work for that corporation in a particular mission?

Your Idea ist good,but If you ask me,it would be hard to put it in the game.I'm very happy with the function to see what is needed for the technologies of new eras.(sorry for my bad english!:confused:)

cost the same in terms of Goods
At the end, you can build 2 great buildings. One great building should be related to the corporation you helped the most, and the second great building for the second corporation you helped more times (?) the second great building should have it's bonused divided by two because you didn't pick that corporations more times than the first one (?)
Just to explore the topic...
To include a restriction to build a GB, based on which corporation you worked for most on missions, would be something new and not sure if favored by the players. It includes a new strategy element but may become a conflicting one. It may be possible that for strategic reasons a player with an attacking style will work most for the War Corporation based on the technologies and rewards expected from the missions, but what if if same player is attracted to have the GBs offered by the other corporations and not so interested in the GB that the War Corporation is associated to? It would depend on the rewards of each GB.

Edit: Also, if benefits of the 2nd GB will be reduced by 50% it may end in not being constructing it in the first place. The GB giving just 50% rewards compared vs the same GB at a city giving the full rewards will:
  • require the same space,
  • cost the same in terms of goods to build,
  • require the same FPs to level up, level by level.
  • But giving just the half of the rewards.
Who would build it? 50% rewards will likely be not worthy of the space and FPs to level up. It would be like comparing an Observatory vs the Atomium... Atomium too big and costly to build and level up. Better to build an Observatory with less goods costs/space required and cheaper in FPs to level up.

Last edited:
So what kinds of missions would we have to do? Is it something in your main city or elsewhere? What if that city is already well developed and not flexible to major changes based on the mission?
I imagine (OP to confirm) missions would be similar to what we are asked to do in storyline quests, events, or Daily Challenges (Oh no!!!, 90 productions of 5 minutes again?); plus some of the costs we pay now to unlock techs. So, keep your Blacksmiths working.