• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion A new Era due please

Nessie

Baronet
What is the point of a game?

SAAB mainly consists of clicking recurring quests. 12 (TWELVE) clicks... SAM is lucky to have only 8 clicks.

Venus can only get worse, I expect 16 or even 20 recurring quests.

I stay in the game because its a longstanding habit and because I have friends on different servers. I know it's a waste of time.
Until about Virtual Future I had fun ...

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashBoom

Legend
Venus can only get worse, I expect 16 or even 20 recurring quests.
I think all eras have 15 recurring quests

but most eras "eliminate" a few of them under some conditions
- have 4 of unit x and 4 of unit y: if you have more than 2 of one of them you don't get it until both are 2 or less available
- have more than x or less than y population. also don't get triggered if you are too close to that
- research 2 techs in later eras after you have finished the era (or part 1). best example in AF. there the quest is: research 2 techs or have mobile houses researched

SAM is lucky to have only 8 clicks.
in SAM you probably don't
- have less than 42 population or more than 20k
- have 4 ninjas & 4 ronins
- have 4 sentinals & 4 sniperbots

Rakshas

Farmer
TBH it's been nice not having to worry about RQs in SAAB. Even if they do reduce the number of quests I'm not sure I'll loop again.

Umbrathor

Baronet
"It is now time to do some work"? Really now? That is about as rude as can you can get.
They've been churning out new eras for a while now. The current pace seems to have served them well in that regard. They'll get to a new era when they are ready for itWhich I hardly deem it necessary: GBG, GvG, GE, events, settlements - there is plenty to keep the players busy. It's only the die-hard ones that have played it for a long time that need new content. Or the ones that don't bother with all the aspects the game already offers.

t s c h u s s

Merchant
They're probably busy not designing the age, but introducing new mechanics / changing old ones. At least that's what I'm assuming, if we consider that not that long ago Dudettas asked us for feedback on the age colonies. Maybe we'll start seeing some spoilers on January/February.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
At this point all we can say is that the new age is still in development.
The developing team also worked on other quality of life improvements to the game (some not visible for the player) and new content like for example the Aztec Settlement.

thelegend88

Squire
At this point all we can say is that the new age is still in development.
The developing team also worked on other quality of life improvements to the game (some not visible for the player) and new content like for example the Aztec Settlement.
What I sincerely hope is that they won't release new era on beta server for testing and then after only 2 weeks or a month push it to live servers. Test it and take players feedback please! SAAB feels like inferior version of SAM, so I hope devs can see their mistakes (from troops to recurring e) and make sure Venus will be a proper era with some useful GBs!

Fire Lord

Squire

PVP Tower Venus
Campaign Map

spaceage_venus_1_bg_0.jpg

spaceage_venus_2_bg_0.jpg

venus_world_bg_0.jpg
these were added to the SAAB spoiler thread. I've been telling people for months that SAV spoilers will start popping up in between Forge Bowl and St. Patricks day. Because FB and SPD is a little early this year, it almost overlaps SPD, but it's still showing up on schedule. Furthermore, they are (as far as I know,) working on a redo of the pvp tower, since the last one failed. They are constantly working on new ideas, even if you don't see it.