• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

80 neighbors are too many

maxbergheim

Squire
80 in my opinion are too many neighbors with the new system. I would prefer 60. I play for the battles, but 80 serving too much time to play, even though I am always connected 13h a day. but do not want to dedicate my life to the only game ...

DeletedUser3567

I respectfully disagree. In my personal opinion 80 neighbors are far too few. Even when I have the full 80 neighbors all too often I find myself in a mission arc I can't complete because I've run out of neighbors to finish my mission objectives. I'd be much happier if the number of neighbors we had access to was doubled.

DeletedUser

I respectfully agree with Max. I think a target of 60 is much more manageable, and allows someone to compete in PvP without spending all available time on the game. It also means that players towards the bottom of the neighborhood get attacked less, so it is easier for them to recover (and yes, this will still be a problem with the new merge style).

DeletedUser2305

sometimes the 80 neighbors are too much , but sometimes not,.....depends if the have army or not ....if they have then you spend more time and you need more military buildings , from the other side if the 40 /80 not have army then you need less ,
Only if change the whole system and when a player decide not to protect his town the system instead to have the 2 spirefighter have the combination of army of the age that the player belong.. is ok to have less neighbors ....
Do not forget that the players that paly to others worlds they care for the global ranking...and the only that gives points are the fights.....
Everybody waits the neighbors to open ..imagine what will happen if this not happen but happen excactly the opposite less neighbors...then i believe many players will stop...especially those who play long time now

DeletedUser4095

I dont mind the number but i am really unsure what effect the changes will have on the main server because i think that some people will be highly miffed by them. i was in a mid range n hood with around fifty at around mid point on some 30k points then after change i`m in an 80 n hood at number 80! since i`m not actually bothered by position its the imbalance of powers that bothers me. top ten are 288k to 640k then everyone above 40 is over 100k between 40 and 67 over 50k then the rest.from being able to take part in battles to not bothering is frustrating, i didn't post in the feedback thread as it seemed like i was just annoyed by being last and that doesn't provide anything worthwhile to devs. however, if this happens in main servers i do think that a lot of people will howl and perhaps be put off. while tech level is one consideration the effect of over-powerful neighbors needs to be taken into account.

DeletedUser4104

Cuantos mas vecinos mucho mejor, Se debia de poder atacar a todo el mundo

DeletedUser2752

Cuantos mas vecinos mucho mejor, Se debia de poder atacar a todo el mundo
Translation (with my bad Spanish): Having more neighbors is much better, I should be able to attack them all!

DeletedUser

Translation (with my bad Spanish): Having more neighbors is much better, I should be able to attack them all!

That is precisely the reason that 80 neighbors are too many. Even if only half of your neighbors attack, getting attacked - and probably defeated - 40 times a day is incredibly demoralizing, even if you lose very little to plunder. If you don't feel like you will ever have a chance to advance, you won't play.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
"I should be able to attack all the world" I'm guessing they want to be able to attack everyone who is on the same server.

I am kind torn here as personally the neighborhood change was awful for me here at beta but I'm hoping it works out better in the main servers. However, I would agree with the fact that if all things go well, 80 players is indeed too many. If you are in Industrial Age then with this new neighborhood system you will eventually have only members nearby your in the tech tree --- all of those 80 would eventually become Industrial (well, PE by that time). The 80 players thing seems rather easy because most players have it easy --- 3 to 5 top players, about 10 to 15 medium active, and all others in the hood barely progress and are the easiest possible target. So, it seems like even 80 just isn't enough.

But that's basically because neighbors currently aren't working as intended --- if you're in the same hood with 80 other players who are at the most one age below you, you won't be having fun with that many players. It'd be too darn stressful in my opinion, or at least for the heavy PvP folks.

maxbergheim

Squire
here is a simulation of how it will be my village: http://www.forgestats.net/map/?m=0385c1357126031e51d01d6a77421fd7. I have all GE at level 10 and I will have all the expansions. the new barracks occupy a lot of space,you can not build enough to fight 80 players at the PE level. I think you will manage to do 40 battles. who is at the maximum level does not take only 2 spearfighter, but 8 era soldiers PE-era. those who play at the highest level he realizes that it is so, the rest is chatter.

DeletedUser4129

After recent merge top two players are 1.8 and 1.4 million. The bottom two 77,000 and 310. 310! Are they kidding. I am being to wonder if the developers are listening to us. This isn't rocket science. Assign a point value to each era and a point value to each branch of the tech tree as you advance. You now have a baseline as to where a person actually is tech wise. Now you add the variable which is the GBs. For an offensive GB you get a set point and as it levels up more points are added. Defensive GBs get a point probably lower then offensive since a offensive player with a 50% bonus is stronger then a defensive player at 50% since the offensive gets bonus for both actions. The other GBs don't matter because they have no effect on plunder and PvP which is what players complain about in merges. All the current point system tells me is how long they've been playing and if they're at or over a million that every GB is probably at level 10 or close. Using this system you can now set up neighbors where top to bottom the players are closer and make PvP competitive for everyone. Why is 80 the magic number since when you get to the higher eras and fight members of higher eras you get more points per wins. So for those that are concerned about their rankings you still get a bang for your wins. Size of neighborhood for PvP isn't relevant as all are dealing with same numbers. That's my solution baseline for tech which give you a base in standings then the variable for GBs is now added and you can now do a straight line breakdown

DeletedUser2752

It's gonna take a few more merges, but everything should be running more smoothly soon. (of course, I still want less neighbors!)