• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

652% defense

• Thread starter DeletedUser3885
  • Start date

piohh

Baronet
I think Ino don't like thats noone can take some cities with that defence. Player need a chance to take it. You lose 3 or 4 units and the defence don't lose nothing...

DeletedUser4106

However, it is absurd that one with a defense of the genre is wrought, I have 400% attack and if I lose at most one unit of a cleat ...

piohh

Baronet
sure but if you lose each fight 1-2 units with ~60 nighbors you will stop to fight and you change your style from fight to farmerama... and thats noone need it...

First for all... the defence lose nothing all the risc is on the site of the attacker... he lose units, need to build all the time units, need some space for units, spend some time for fights and so on...

DeletedUser4106

So what are the headlights of the guard and G.B. defensive?

DeletedUser3885

My bad English, sorry.
I have a neighborhood comprised 37 of the top 40 overall.
The neighborhood has 69 players, half them was already in the progressive Era.
I attack them every day.
But do not lose two units per day.
I do not see your problem whit strong neigborhood...
I use lots of rogues and only a military unit in each attack...but in some attack i use regular troops.

DeletedUser

with 2 tanks and 6 rogues the attacker needs 6 more attacks
and he gets less points

:eek:

DeletedUser

Because you prolly have 150% or close to it offense bonus. Offense bonuses are much stronger than defense bonuses because they effect both unit attack and defense, while defense bonuses effect only defense. That's because damages done in battle depend on attack value devided with defense value numbers between the 2 units. So the 'damage given' vs 'damage taken' value of offensive bonuses grows in square function with every next GB bonus, while with defensive bonuses it is much more linear improvement. What it means is that on very high bonuses, offensive GBs have gotten a huge advantage. Assuming you had 150% offensive bonus, beating that 650% defense would be similar to beating a 20% attack+defense boosted army with having 0 boosts on your own. But about 100 more watchfires for that player and I think that defense would be pretty much unbreakeble.

DeletedUser2752

Been nice if we knew what unit you used ;) (my guess is howitzers and rogues since you actually decided to hide it compared to the others we saw)

piohh

Baronet
smpb.png

only tanks in this defence...

DeletedUser1526

But the blured stuff, is actually visabol if you open it in a image editing program like gimp. So the attacking stuff you can see.

DeletedUser1418

I've also made note of that on our national servers, problem is you can't defend yourself, as defenders shoot's without any bonus. Sometimes i have to refreh a battle 6x before i can get it finished via autobattle...

DeletedUser4229

I agree with pcsurgeon, it's completely ridiculous.
I now completely ignore the defense side of this game. There is no point. I make sure there are points to be gained there (so attackers are happy), but the run on PvP points to get medals is madness. People play autoplay all the time to get through the neighbourhood in a day. Where's the play in that? All players have the same result with the same player they attack! I only attack the map now (which DOES have the attackbonus for defence) and that's it. I'll gather my meds slower, but no ridiculous ratrace.

2 measures must be taken:
1. reinstate attackbonus for defence (if not for the full 100% strength, then for maybe 50% of the level reached in GB)
2. ban autoplay.