• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback 5th Anniversary

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Maybe they should change the motivation kits to non-plunder kits. Doesn't x2 the production but just protects it like motivating would do. I've got dozens of motivation kits I'm never going to use.

Doesn't the 'city shield' boost from the friends tavern already accomplish this very thing?

DeletedUser8092

I feel it was to easy of a quest to beat. Felt unchallenging. I do like the prizes though! They were unique and inventive!

Pafton

Viceroy
I feel it was to easy of a quest to beat. Felt unchallenging. I do like the prizes though! They were unique and inventive!
For once we do deserve easier quests. May I know what age you are in? What was easy for you might have been difficult for someone else.

Doesn't the 'city shield' boost from the friends tavern already accomplish this very thing?
Yeah but you can only have one boost at a time, AND the person attacking you knows that you put the city shield up and will be even more encouraged to attack when your time is up. Why inno?? Why would you encourage these people??

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Yeah but you can only have one boost at a time, AND the person attacking you knows that you put the city shield up and will be even more encouraged to attack when your time is up. Why inno?? Why would you encourage these people??

Although I'm just a forum mod - and therefore I certainly cannot answer for 'Inno as a company' - I do hope to shed some light on this:
First of all: I personally do not feel that putting up a shield is an encouragement for more attacks, imho it is a nice way to protect one's city for a while - e.g. I took a well planned advantage from the shield on some of my live servers to have a nice long easter weekend without needing to worry about my production being plundered :cool:

• The choice to either attack or help neighbors, or to do neither ;) is up to one's playstyle.
• The possibility to attack neighbors for whatever reason - whether it is for points, plunder, completing a quest or any combination of these - is simply an integral part of this game. Every player choosing to play FoE, should imho be aware of this.

P.S. One can have more than 1 tavern boost at the same time , this option requires diamonds however ...

Last edited:
Although I'm just a forum mod - and therefore I certainly cannot answer for 'Inno as a company' - I do hope to shed some light on this:
First of all: I personally do not feel that putting up a shield is an encouragement for more attacks, imho it is a nice way to protect one's city for a while - e.g. I took a well planned advantage from the shield on some of my live servers to have a nice long easter weekend without needing to worry about my production being plundered :cool:

• The choice to either attack or help neighbors, or to do neither ;) is up to one's playstyle.
• The possibility to attack neighbors for whatever reason - whether it is for points, plunder, completing a quest or any combination of these - is simply an integral part of this game. Every player choosing to play FoE, should imho be aware of this.

P.S. One can have more than 1 tavern boost at the same time , this option requires diamonds however ...
My guildmates have commented on it personally giving them intense desire to plunder players in my neighborhood with the shield. I personally would like a little shield over my event buildings because I can take vacations for a week or two at a time, rendering the 3 day shield useless. Usually I just leave any un-aidable buildings not producing while I'm on vacation, though with these new king/queen statues I cant stop their production so I cant stop them from plunder.

Personally I think this combo is a great set of buildings.
Size wise it's nearest comparison is a bazaar, an event only building, which produces 2 FP in 24 hours.
As well as the 2 FP the garden set provides goods, coins, medals, happiness and defence boost and doesn't need any population to run it.
If it gets plundered once you only lose some of its production, unlike the bazaar where you lose all it's production.
I also like getting lots of quest lines to do, it adds variety to the game and maintains interest.
So well done inno, more please :)

Miepie

Baronet
My guildmates have commented on it personally giving them intense desire to plunder players in my neighborhood with the shield. I personally would like a little shield over my event buildings because I can take vacations for a week or two at a time, rendering the 3 day shield useless. Usually I just leave any un-aidable buildings not producing while I'm on vacation, though with these new king/queen statues I cant stop their production so I cant stop them from plunder.

Don't really see why it's a problem if something gets plundered that doesn't cost you anything and you wouldn't have collected yourself anyhow

Don't really see why it's a problem if something gets plundered that doesn't cost you anything and you wouldn't have collected yourself anyhow
I don't know about you, but the fact that I got plundered is a deep insult that I have no way of protecting. These new buildings are like a gaping wound that wont close until I delete or remove them from my city. They're just shouting, "Please plunder my city! I am a terrible player who cant collect on time even though I'm camping out in the woods with no internet!"

Macha

Squire
I don't know about you, but the fact that I got plundered is a deep insult that I have no way of protecting. These new buildings are like a gaping wound that wont close until I delete or remove them from my city. They're just shouting, "Please plunder my city! I am a terrible player who cant collect on time even though I'm camping out in the woods with no internet!"
you have a way of protecting everything in your city, buy the city shield from the tavern then no1 can attack you & if they cant attack they cant plunder

DeletedUser6705

Not really... using this means you have to shell out diamonds if you need any other boost (say a bit of attack boost during GE). Plus, who needs 100 % protection? I'd be quite happy to protect a very small number of buildings I care about and leave the rest to the hood.

For that reason, I consider the city shield about as useful as a hole in my head.

DeletedUser

I'd be quite happy to protect a very small number of buildings I care about and leave the rest to the hood.

Are you suggesting something that blocks plunder on a building by building basis?
While I can see why you might want that, I don't think in practical application it would work very well.
To do this there would be an ingame item that you would need to use on a given building. So now you need 1 item per building, per the number of times you wanted to use it. As this item would likely only be available from events or historic quest lines, and therefore would be in limited supply, it would not be something that could be used all the time.
Conceptually I like the idea, realistically I think it wouldn't be as useful as you might think.

Andi47

Overlord
In Cirgard (.de3) I found a way to place the royal garden without leaving a gap:

The 3x3 square behind the Royal Family is reserved for the Garden Ruines.
King_garden_set.jpg