• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion 5 Years of Power Creep, as a Chart

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Demeter7 maybe the patch for SC/WT 0-low attrition? They might be working on a way to patch this bypass. Alternatively they could be working on the end-game. To make it quite a though one.
I'm also observing my %:att_def_attacker_defender: growing. While mainly picking up whatever comes new from events. Since the start of this year, I think about 100-200%:att_def_attacker:. The %:att_def_defender: has gone up more aggressively due to myself. As I've placed buildings specifically for that. Still interesting to observe it though.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy I wonder what disruption the trailside smithy will do. Since it can mass produce sunhaven palaces
None, because you can only have 1 of them. I do have it at an off-the-charts-score of 27.65 :p But it doesn't set a standard as it's only a one-of building.

It's the Sunhaven Palace that would have the potential - but it's only the best (amongst amassable buildings) at making other buildings itself - so most of the things it does it's well below 1.0 for (and I cap building creation at 0.25, so it only gets 0.25 for that) - but it did drop the value of that significantly such that the archdruid and chocolatery which used to be about even with each other for that are now "behind the standard". It's the grilling grove (made by the sunhaven palace which is made by the smithy) that did most of the depression though.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
None, because you can only have 1 of them. I do have it at an off-the-charts-score of 27.65 :p But it doesn't set a standard as it's only a one-of building.

It's the Sunhaven Palace that would have the potential - but it's only the best (amongst amassable buildings) at making other buildings itself - so most of the things it does it's well below 1.0 for (and I cap building creation at 0.25, so it only gets 0.25 for that) - but it did drop the value of that significantly such that the archdruid and chocolatery which used to be about even with each other for that are now "behind the standard". It's the grilling grove (made by the sunhaven palace which is made by the smithy) that did most of the depression though.
Thnx, it's quite fascinating how quickly new heights are achieved. I agreed that on its own it's not that special but the ability to mass produce the new best is what carries it. Curious how we'll end this year. I think a new record that even dwarfs this one is unlikely but I wouldn't be too surprised anymore at this point.

Kronan

Viceroy
Creep is everywhere. Don't think we're getting huge boosts in flasks A/D for nothing. Played any war venue lately? Since the BLACK flasks have been release in beta and now available in live, I'd suggest the following.

Manually play something in GE 4, OR something where you've achieved at least 30-40 attrition in GbG. Take your time - Watch carefully how the defense now acts (moves and presents itself for interaction with your warriors). Based on their own special skills, it's doing a whole lot of much smarter things now. It's been honed repeatedly from vast stores of our playing data - how we use 1+7, or 2+6 rogue configurations, for example - to exhibit much more defensive opportunism.

The more you play various configurations manually, the more you'll learn so that you do NOT misconfigure an offense when you do want to use autobattle.

For example,

1) it's very clear it holds back from rushing headlong into a vulnerable position and plays quite differently, dropping first strike warriors further back than the "initial killing field".
2) Any chips in your health dramatically affect your hit power, even with an AO. Keeping ANY injured warriors swapped with fresh is the best strategy, but can slow you down if you let it. After a few fights, there are enough partially chipped warriors, that I swap out the entire 8 - and make changes to the configuration .

You can see this and many other education things unfold by playing a manual battle like you would a game of chess.

Worth a serious review - take the time to invest in your own battle education. What you know and did isn't going to work as it used to with a smarter AI fighting against you.

So.... We didn't get the huge BLACK FLASK BOOSTS (100/200/300) to achieve an advantage, we got them because we'll need them to compete with the changes made for fighting parity, including what else is coming...

Table of Black-Red-Blue flask features.JPG

Last edited:
Creep is everywhere. Don't think we're getting huge boosts in flasks A/D for nothing. Played any war venue lately? Since the BLACK flasks have been release in beta and now available in live, I'd suggest the following.

Manually play something in GE 4, OR something where you've achieved at least 30-40 attrition in GbG. Take your time - Watch carefully how the defense now acts (moves and presents itself for interaction with your warriors). Based on their own special skills, it's doing a whole lot of much smarter things now. It's been honed repeatedly from vast stores of our playing data - how we use 1+7, or 2+6 rogue configurations, for example - to exhibit much more defensive opportunism.

The more you play various configurations manually, the more you'll learn so that you do NOT misconfigure an offense when you do want to use autobattle.

For example,

1) it's very clear it holds back from rushing headlong into a vulnerable position and plays quite differently, dropping first strike warriors further back than the "initial killing field".
2) Any chips in your health dramatically affect your hit power, even with an AO. Keeping ANY injured warriors swapped with fresh is the best strategy, but can slow you down if you let it. After a few fights, there are enough partially chipped warriors, that I swap out the entire 8 - and make changes to the configuration .

You can see this and many other education things unfold by playing a manual battle like you would a game of chess.

Worth a serious review - take the time to invest in your own battle education. What you know and did isn't going to work as it used to with a smarter AI fighting against you.

So.... We didn't get the huge BLACK FLASK BOOSTS (100/200/300) to achieve an advantage, we got them because we'll need them to compete with the changes made for fighting parity, including what else is coming...

View attachment 9850
I'm not seeing it. For the past 3 months I have been focused on building up my blue boosts and have added nothing to my red ones. In my main city I've been lounging in SAJM waiting for Titan to get released. I only auto-battle so I can't confirm that the AI has gotten smarter. However, I can say that my ability to auto-battle to 110 attrition hasn't been compromised. Three months ago I could get to 110 and I just did again today.

MATR

Squire

For example,

View attachment 9850
Agreed, I've seen the AI change dramatically for both GE and GBG, not sure about the map, city defense or PVP. 1+7 rogues hardly works any more on autobattle as the AI targets the main troop. In SAAB if I put up 7 rogues, I can have 2 or 3 left that were never hit. There are times I marched them down the field and hit enemies with the rogue before it changed. That never happened a year ago. I haven't sorted it all out yet even though I do hundreds of manual battles. It does irritate me that the "new" AI battle mechanic is geared towards kill a single non-rogue unit at all costs. It means battling to attrition 110 costs many more units than in the past though my ability to get to 110 isn't changed.

Agreed, I've seen the AI change dramatically for both GE and GBG, not sure about the map, city defense or PVP. 1+7 rogues hardly works any more on autobattle as the AI targets the main troop. In SAAB if I put up 7 rogues, I can have 2 or 3 left that were never hit. There are times I marched them down the field and hit enemies with the rogue before it changed. That never happened a year ago. I haven't sorted it all out yet even though I do hundreds of manual battles. It does irritate me that the "new" AI battle mechanic is geared towards kill a single non-rogue unit at all costs. It means battling to attrition 110 costs many more units than in the past though my ability to get to 110 isn't changed.
I don't doubt that you are seeing something but I'm not able to replicate it. Maybe it's happening in some eras but not others? Beta only but not Live?Except for L5 of GE I don't battle manually very much and my Beta city is inactive. Out of curiosity, I manually battled GE in my 5 live cities (3 are LMA, one is Indy, and my main is SAJM). In the LMA cities I use either 2 Fast or 2 Heavy along with 6 rogues. In Indy I use 1 Turturret with 7 rogues. In SAJM, I use 2 Harpoons with 6 Rogues. During more than 70 GE encounters, the AI acted as I expected. If Rogues were in range the AI concentrated on them and ignored the base units. Every time. On a few occasions, I deliberately advanced the base units to see if the AI would target them first (like it does on the C-Map) but it still went after the Rogues. If a damaged, converted, Rogue was in range the AI still targeted unconverted Rogues if there were any remaining.