• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [33740] No green checkmark for completed quests

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps (example; bug also triggers with other combintions of quests):
1. Have a recurring quest asking to gather supplies; only a few supplies missing to fulfil it
2. Have another recurring quest asking to gether coins
3. fulfill the "gather coins" quest and get a sufficient amount of supplies to fulfil the "gather supplies" quest
Observed: The "gather supplies" questgiver shows a green frame, but no checkmark
Expected: the questgiver should also display a green checkmark (the frame is easily missed!)

Edit: Screenshot after step 3; the quest of the 2nd questgiver is fulfilled by getting a quest reward from anothe quest, but there is no checkmark:
missing%20checkmark.jpg

Issue Description (10/10, experienced 3 or 4 times): When fulfilling a quest (e.g. "gather coins" or "gather supplies") by getting a respective reward from another quest, the questgiver doesn't display a green checkmark

Technical Data
:
.ef32171 (23.03.2016 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 21,0,0,182, Windows 10, Firefox/45.0, 1920x945, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, nothing found (the bug is quite new; the other threads in the bugs forum don't mention it)

DeletedUser5473

The issue is you completed a task while in someone else's city or in maps. If you complete a quest while in your own city you get the tick. Also, when you leave your city and revisit there is the green flashing box and no tick. Seems it's meant to be that way to get your attention without being over distractive like when people complained about the tick all the time on the treasure chest.

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1. have a quest (e.g. a recurring quest) asking to spend a certain amount of FP - and have this one almost finished
2. go to the city of a guildmate (I did not test with friends and neighbours) and spend enough FP to fulfill the quest
3. return to your city
--> Observed: The questgiver has a green frame, but no checkmark
--> Expected: there should be a checkmark

Issue Description (10/10): When fulfilling a "spend xy FP" quest by donating to someone's GB, the questgiver does NOT display a green checkmark

Technical Data: 1.73.6c9719b (01.04.2016 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 21,0,0,197, Windows 10, Firefox/45.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes - someone mentioned this in the "no green checkmark when fulfilling quest by reward of an other quest" thread, but it seems that this one has been missed over there.

DeletedUser

You have only noticed this on this one quest so far Andi?

DeletedUser5473

You have only noticed this on this one quest so far Andi?
@Zarok Dai it's been mentioned a few times on the forum. If you finish a tech outside your city it will not show a green tick. If you view the quest and close it once its completed the tick goes. If your cycling with repeats the tick goes. HOWEVER, the green box flashes and is more than enough to see the tech is completed.

Edit: It is not related to just one quest its all quests including events.

DeletedUser

We have confirmed this happening under 3 conditions so far:
- you complete a quest by completing a 2nd quest
- you complete a quest and the following quest is autocompleted
- you complete a quest when you're not in your city (you're visiting another player or you're on a map)

If anyone notices it happening under other conditions please let us know, thanks.

Andi47

Overlord
I noticed one more condition where it happens:

1.) complete a quest (e.g. "collect xy coins") - green checkmark is displayed
2.) do NOT click the quest yet - visit someone's city instead (I donated a few FP to his GB; I don't know whether this is relevant for the bug)
3.) return to your city
observed: after step 3 the checkmark is gone, only the green box is flashing.

DeletedUser5473

I noticed one more condition where it happens:

1.) complete a quest (e.g. "collect xy coins") - green checkmark is displayed
2.) do NOT click the quest yet - visit someone's city instead (I donated a few FP to his GB; I don't know whether this is relevant for the bug)
3.) return to your city
observed: after step 3 the checkmark is gone, only the green box is flashing.

Answer:
you complete a quest when you're not in your city (you're visiting another player or you're on a map).
You visited a city after or while completing a quest.

Andi47

Overlord
One more condition:
1.) Have a quest to gain xy population
2.) build a house in appropriate size
3.) log out
4.) the house is finished in the meantime, and therefore the quest fulfilled
5.) log in
Result: no green checkmark, only a flashing green box around the questgiver

Andi47

Overlord
This bug made it to the live-servers. :-(

1.73.cf98c4c (11.04.2016 11:04), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 21,0,0,213, Windows 10, Firefox/45.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)