• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: [32434] Spending Diamonds: "Never ask me again" clicked by default (and again and again)

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1. Do any action which consumes diamonds (e.g. building a premium building or healing injured troops)
Observed: The checkbox near "Never ask me again" in the confirmation window is checked by default
Expected: the checkbox should be not checked by default
2. uncheck the checkbox (thus saying, that you want to be alerted again)
3. klick OK
4. Do another action which consumes diamond
Observed: The checkbox near "Never ask me again" in the confirmation window is checked by default again(!)
Expected: If I uncheck the checkbox, it should be unchecked next time!!
5. this time click OK without unchecking the checkbox
6. go to the settings and set "diamond confirmation" to "active"
7. do another action which consumes diamonds
Observed: The checkbox near "Never ask me again" in the confirmation window is checked by default again!! (this is not fixed if you reload after setting diamond confirmation to active)
Expected: If I set "diamond confirmation" to "active", the checkbox ought to be unchecked by default!

Is this a bug, or does Inno want to trick us into accidently spending diamonds without noticing it?? (I'd say this is a severe bug - if someone don't expect the checkbox to be checked, he/she might click "OK" before carefully looking at the dialoge - and next time he/she might accidently spend diamonds (e.g. by clicking in the tech tree where the "OK" or "close" button should be, but where the "finish with diamonds" button is placed) without even noticing!)

Issue Description (10/10): No matter what you do (unchecking the checkbox, setting diamond confirmation to active and reloading, ...), the checkbox "Never ask me again" in the Diamond Confirmation dialogue is always checked by default.

Screenshot:
Diamond_confirmation_never_ask_again.jpg

Technical info: 1.70.47a4fa1 (05.02.2016 8:34), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 20,0,0,286, Windows 10, Firefox/43.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, nothing found