• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [32228] Chat

DeletedUser5800

I experienced the same but wasn't logged in for long so don't know how long it lasted.

Andi47

Overlord
There is an issue (reported on .de here) that from time to time the chat freezes - and starts to spawn dozens of lines of "connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected.........".

For me it seems that this often happens two or three minutes after the full hour (e.g. 09:03, 10:03, etc.) - maybe this helps to find the cause of the bug?

edit: corrected the link

Andi47

Overlord
Steps to reproduce with (10/10) (!) (at least it is (10/10) on .de8 and .de5, but I think it's the same on beta, although I did not check every day)
1.) open chat
2.) wait for 09:03 a.m. CET (8:03 UTC)
observed: The chat (guild, neighbourhood, global) will start to spam dozens of lines of "Connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected..." etc. almost exactly at the mentioned time. (there are also a few other times of the day where it seems to happen *every* day at the *same* time.)

3.) reload
observed: In most cases the chat works again

Edit: Other times where the chat fails almost every day in the way described above:
* 1:03 pm CET (12:03 UTC)
* 5:03 pm CET (4:03 pm UTC)
* 9:03 pm CET (8:03 pm UTC)

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
Additional info for the bug:

After watching this for several days, I can say that the behaviour (chat crash with dozens of lines "connected, disconnected, etc.") described in my previous posting seems to happen exactly every 4 hours; the respective times are (all in UTC): 8:03, 12:03, 16:03, 20:03 and presumably (I did not stay up that long for watching the chat behaviour) 0:03 and 4:03 (give or take one minute - might be that my clock could be a minute off)

I have repetedly seen my guildmates complaining about chat crashes at the same times of the day as it happened to me, so it's definitely not just a problem on my side.

Andi47

Overlord
I am also experiencing the same as Andi

Was this additional info forwarded to the developers? The bug is still in effect - the chat fails in this way every four hours (and at some additonal times).

DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED
CONNECTED
DISCONNECTED

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*

Was the additional Info, namely that the chat fail every day at the same hours, forwarded to Inno?