• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [31375] GvG: loading freezes when returning to overview and loading other era map

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1. Go to GvG and click into an era map (any era you want - or the all eras map)
2. return to overview
3. click to any other era map
observed: the loading screen freezes (for me it freezes around 95%)
expected: it should be possible to load the map (how should I check all eras to see whether we are under siege? Causes lots of traffic when needing to reload every time for every era)

Issue Description (9/10): when entering an era map in GvG, then going back to overview, and then attempting to view an other era, the loading screen freezes; I need to reload. (In some rare cases the other era map opens as expected; last time this happened when I sent a message between steps 1 and 2, so maybe it is necessary to do an action at this point to circumvent the bug? (I tested: just opening and closing the message center after step 1 won't help; repeating steps 2 and 3 in the rare case where it loaded correctly will trigger the bug. Example: Load FE map, write message, return to overview, load All Ages map (loaded correctly), return to overview, click FE map, loading screen froze.))

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.78.872a62b (27.05.2016 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 21,0,0,242, Windows 10, Firefox/46.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
and also on the live servers, for example:
1.76.c0307ed (23.05.2016 10:53), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 21,0,0,242, Windows 10, Firefox/46.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The issue is with opening the different maps from the overview, you don't have to go back to your city - just continue going back to overview and attempting to visit other eras.

A simple workaround is to use the drop down menu in the top right corner to switch between the various GvG maps. It appears once you enter a map, and when you use that you don't get a freeze like when using the overview.

podkap1970

Emperor
you always have to reload the game after you have visited the GvG map, you cant even check the GvG map 1 hour later

i dont know how you play the game, but when my guild is getting attacked very often, than i check the maps around 10-20x each day
so this bug is very annoying,
and this bug do happen since over 3 weeks now, but seems like the bug had no priority
i guess the arctic future fiasco had more priority

podkap1970

Emperor
this workaround doesnt help at all
do you know how often i go to my city and how often i visit the gvg map everyday ?

can you please fix this ?, its annoying like hell this terrible bug

you guys need atleast 2-3 new coders which fix the bugs a little faster, 1 month later and still nothing happen